Chapter 67 - A Declaration Of War

Taking advantage of He Chang Min's gentleness, Hue Lin apologizes for sleeping with him, saying that he couldn't face Li Lian anymore after sleeping with him and that now she could not marry anyone because she had lost her innocence.

At the same time, she executes her other plot to reveal Li Lian's "True nature" slowly. Not Li Lian's real true nature, but the "true nature" that Xie Hue Lin staged for her.

Her last special stage in which Li Lian was forced to take drugs-

In a state of befuddled, drowsy, and even until she nearly died, they continue to force Li Lian to take drugs under Xie Hue Lin's order.

With Li Lian's "True nature" as the last push, He Chang Min's heart shifts from Li Lian like her plan.

And as Xie Hue Lin expected, He Chang Min apologizes to her and stayed by her side. Choosing to break his engagement with Li Lian.

In a flip of a coin, Li Lian fell to Xie Hue Lin's nasty scheme.

Their parents were shocked and disappointed by Li Lian for staining their family's name and expelled her from Xie Family. At the same time, He Chang Min break their engagement.

But Old Madam Xie still put faith in Li Lian and oppose the idea of them expelling Li Lian strongly, she also declares that the only heir to Xie Family could only be Li Lian. No one could ever oppose Old Madam Xie's words because she's the highest shareholder in Xie Cooperation.

How could she let that happen? She had work hard for that spot! And yet- Old Madam Xie still insists on naming Li Lian as the next heir.

Angered by Old Madam Xie's words, Xie Hue Lin orders more people to stage Li Lian's death at her house as an accident. But who knows that those stupid hitmen she ordered would kill Li Lian's foster mother because she saw their faces?

But, now that she's halfway through her plan, she couldn't possibly back down.

And so, Xie Hue Lin ordered them to burn the house along with all the evidence before proceeding to kill Li Lian under the pretense of 'a car accident'.

Only finally after seeing the cremation ashes of Li Lian, a horrifying, satisfied smile curls up on Hue Lin's face.

Xie Hue Lin was very sure of Li Lian's death as she saw it with her own two eyes...

However, one year after, Li Lian suddenly came back to life!

How? What kind of black magic did she use? Who helped her? And why did she choose to make her first appearance on TV?

Was it Li Lian's warning? A declaration that she came back?

A declaration of war?

Imagining everything she has will once again be stolen by Li Lian, Xie Hue Lin's body trembles unknowingly.

'Now Min-Ge is already mine... Even if that b*tch came back, no one would believe her words like that day... Yes, it's alright. It's alright...' Xie Hue Lin bits her long fake-nails and kept on ȧssuring herself as they drive to Xie's Family House.

Arrived at Xie Family's household, He Chang Min comfort the gloomy Hue Lin once again.

"It's alright, Xiao-Lin, don't think too much. Your body is weak, so don't push yourself too much, I'm worried about your health..."

"Mn... I understand- I just hope Jie-Jie still doesn't hate us..." Hue Lin wipes her tears once again before smiling in her still-pitiful expression. "No-No, I can't be like this. If mom and dad look at me like this, they will also be saddened."

He Chang Min eyes hold a hint of sadness as he ċȧrėsses Hue Lin's head. "Mn. You're right. But don't keep everything to yourself. If there's anything bothering you, just tell me. Stress is not good for your health."

"I understand, thank you Min-Ge." Hue Lin raises her face toward He Chang Min for a kiss.

He Chang Min chuckles softly before returning her deep kiss.

Before Hue Lin steps out of the car, she asks, "Min-Ge, you will not come in? Mom and dad have been asking about you...Ah! but you just came back from England, so you must be tired now..." Hue Lin's eyes curve down dispiritedly.

He Chang Min's lips soften into an affectionate smile. "Mn, I promise, I will stop by later."