Chapter 73 - Tight-Lipped

After half an hour ride to Pacific Villa at Li Jun Wei's residence.

As Li Lian was about to walk out of the car, Li Jun Wei had swiftly walked out of the car first and opened the car's door, gently helping Li Lian to step out of the car.

Li Lian smiled and thanked him. "Thank you, Jun Wei."

Li Jun Wei didn't answer back and instead gave a faint smile with a nod. Li Xiao Chen on the other hand not wanting to see the two's PDA any longer nimbly walk before the couple to the entrance and took off his coat before passing it the maid beside the entrance.

Just as they entered the house, from all the servants and bodyguards in the residence who had been waiting for their master's arrival they gave their salute with a full bow politely.

As they walked in the middle of the array of servants and guards, two familiar people caught her attention for a moment. 

Li Lian narrowed her eyes toward the two bodyguards and look straight toward their eyes with a polite smile. 

The bodyguards who caught her line of sight instantly grew meeker in contrast to their big body build, unable to look straight to her eyes, they bodyguards constantly look down to the floor. 

That day after Li Lian's life was targeted by someone from her Clan's, the two bodyguards had witnessed Li Lian's frightening skill and prowess in the fighting. Her clean but powerful fighting skills and merciless eyes as she fights those trained assassins that were aiming for her life. 

After Li Lian finishes her fighting and left the bodyguards along with the unconscious bodies of the assassins with a single order.

"Promise me this. You two didn't see me fighting here today. My older brother- those twins there were the ones who fought with those robbers and helped me in a pinch- saving my life. Do you understand that?"

The two bodyguards nod desperately and tightly shut their mouths. 

Every time they rewind Li Lian's fighting scene, their blood curls in fear. Their hunch and instinct warn them to fly immediately from her!

To their own thoughts, if Li Jun Wei is an Emperor- Then, his wife must have been a reincarnation of a Demon Lord!

"Promise me this. You two didn't see me fighting here today. My older brother- those twins there were the ones who fought with those robbers and helps me in pinch- saving my life. Do you understand that?"

Li Lian looks at the bodyguards and faintly nods in satisfaction. 'It seems, these two bodyguards are more tight-lipped than I thought!'

Li Jun Wei coldly swept his eyes toward the people in front of them and waved his hand ordering them to continue their work.

Seeing Li Jun Wei passing his coat to the maid, like a trigger to her mind, Li Lian slaps her forehead with a crisp 'Plak'. 'That's tight!! Nii-chan's gun!!'

Because of the lots of twists and turns, Li Lian forgets her initial objective to discard Shin's gun that he carelessly left.

"Er..." Li Lian tugs Li Jun Wei's back softly.

Li Jun Wei turns his face and asks gently. "What is it?"

"That er..." Li Lian's utmost weakness is not being able to lie. Because since her childhood her adoptive grandfather in Japan teaches her to be an upright and honest person, she has never once made an ugly lie.

"I will go to the washroom first... er... Jun Wei, you could eat first along with Xiao Chen!" Quickly after she finished her words, Li Lian walks at a fast pace toward one of the maids.

"Excuse me." Li Lian called the maid.

The short young maids with short brown hair and freckles bowed her head politely and asked. "What can I help you with madam?"

"Er... Yesterday, there was a guest who left his jacket in the living room, do you happen to know where it is now?"

The young maid pauses for a moment before nodding. "Ah! If it is about the jacket that the two guests forgot would be in the hand of the head maid for the moment. Er... At this time, the head maid should be in the maid's quarter room. "

"The head maid? Do you mean Old maid Zhu?" Li Lian asks.

"Yes."The young maid replied.

"Maid's quarter room? I do not know the room can you lead me there?" Li Lian request.

"Sure, madam." The young maid brightly answered.

For the young maid, this was truly her first time to ever meet such a kind and polite mistress!! At first, the maids were quite afraid of Li Lian after knowing that she was married to Li Jun Wei.

As servants, being bullied by the mistress or master of the house has occurred in every household. They thought that perhaps like the other household, Li  Lian would use her position to berate or bully the servants.

But unlike their thoughts, Li Lian is very kind, friendly, easy to talk to, and also polite without minding the drastic difference in their position.