Chapter 82 - Zero Guarantees

-----

Li Lian finally arrived at the Opal Building and gracefully step into the building.

As she enters, eyes followed her back that it nearly burns from how intense their gazes were.

However, those gazes were milder than the one she experienced back in Xie Family's house. Yes, rather than the eyes of loathsome, annoyance, and disgust, it was the eyes of amazement.

As she stopped in front of the elevator, a harsh snicker directly pointed to her like a thorn mockery to her ears.

Li Lian's face didn't move an inch, her eyes were fixed on the elevator number waiting for it to descend to the ground floor.

Irritated, the three women gave a harsh cough. Harsh enough to gather the eyes of the people in the lobby toward them.

'How childish.' Li Lian pitifully commented.

Even though people's eyes were gathered toward her, Li Lian still didn't bother herself to entertain the three familiar seniors.

Why would she play in the tune of such a futile melody, in which she would become the winner at the end?

It would have been better if they went straight to fight physically, perhaps that way, she could instill the meaning of the word 'Fear' to the three women and wake them up from their boorish charade.

"Tch!" A sharp clicked of tongue crisply echoed through the magnanimous hall.

The three women next to her who were trying their best to agitate Li Lian as if their life was on fire, were none other than the previous women who schemed to embarrass Li Lian in Million Entertainment.

The leader of the group, Han Xiu Nan hid her irritated expression by covering half of her face with a folding fan. 'This newbie's mentality is plausible. I expected her to lose her composure sooner or later, however, it seemed that she had a little bit of a brain.'

Han Xiu Nan flipped her wrist and closed off her fan with one hand. A radiating smile painted her beautiful face faking her annoyance and her sly personality.

She raised her hand softly patting Li Lian's shoulder and spoke gently. "Mrs. Yue, what a coincidence to meet you here."

Li Lian looked back, fanning her eyelashes as she blinked and answered softly. "Ah-, Senior Han, good morning." -'So Han Xiu Nan is a quiet daring woman rather than her subordinates...'

Han Xiu Nan gave a soft giggle, making herself look adorable yet mature at the same time to the people in the lobby who glanced at her.

"If I'm not prying into your privacy, may I know what our little junior has to do here?" Han Xiu Nan asked.

Li Lian replied softly. "Senior Han, you're too funny, I'm here for an audition."

Bai Hua, one of Han Xiu Nan's follower burst out loud. "An audition?!" Her mouth agape subconsciously.

The three women's faces contorted with shock. The reason for the three women's presence was exactly the same as Li Lian's. A singing audition for Qing Jiang Mei's ending song.

It was normal for them to be called into an audition especially since they're one of their agency's renowned singers.

But that wasn't the case for Li Lian who's a newbie singer.

The last follower, Xie Mu nudged Bai Hua's palm and remind her of her improper shout.

"A-ah..." Bai Hua clear her throat lightly.

'An audition? There's only one audition being held here in this building!! Does that man a newbie without an agency was called to the audition??!'

Han Xiu Nan further probe, although her acting was fairly praiseworthy, it couldn't hide her annoyance between her tone. "An audition? Which audition?"

Li Lian could clearly hear Han Xiu Nan's impatient tone and smiled. "A singing audition for the movie 'Handmaiden'."

Han Xiu Nan kneaded her palm into a fist. The grip on her palm grew tighter as she heard Li Lian's words.

'There's no way... How could it be? A nameless singer likes her! There has been no newbie who was able to do that! This woman's backer! Just who is he?!'

'DING!'

The elevator stopped with a loud warning, giving the tense atmosphere between them to a stop.

Li Lian went into the elevator, not caring about Han Xiu Nian's jealous expression on her beautiful face.

As the elevator door closed, Li Lian gazed at the three women's faces.

On the other hand, Han Xiu Nan who was still angered by jealousy stood as if someone froze her on the spot.

Bai Hua and Xie Mu comforted Han Xiu Nan whose face turned bluer from the anger rising from her heart.

"Calm down, Xiao-Nan, that woman is only bluffing."

"Yes, even if she could go to the audition, there's no guarantee that she could definitely win."

Hearing her friends' comforting words, Han Xiu Nan nodded. 'Yes, how can I lose my composure that easily? There are zero guarantees that she could win! '

Deep down in her heart, she couldn't understand the reason behind her own fear. Something about Li Lian was able to frighten her to the core for some reason.