Chapter 61 - Stop It

Sneakily, Li Lian turns her course towards her the main entrance but before she could, He Chang Min who caught a glimpse of her from the corner of his eyes swiftly ran toward her.

He Chang Min, "Xie Li Lian!"

Hearing the nostalgic surname that stays with her for the past four years ago, Li Lian snorts. 'Xie Li Lian? '

How could He Chang Min still dare to call her Xie? Even though he had seen the moment when her family gets rid of her.

Li Lian turns back her face. Her soft and warm expression turns cold along with her icy tone, "Xie Li Lian? I've thrown that name a long time ago- No, I discarded it." she snorts.

He Chang Min eyes froze. Unlike Li Lian's past kind eyes, she looked cold and domineering- utterly different from what she used to be!

Snaps back from his thought, He Chang Min continues, "What do you mean...? Your surname is still Xie Li Lian how could you disc-"

Li Lian cut off his word and shortly asks, "What do you need?"

He Chang Min became confused by her words. He also didn't think of what he wanted to say to Li Lian.

However...After watching that video of her singing, he needed to make sure.

To make sure whether it was truly Li Lian or not. To make sure that she is not only an illusion!!

He Chang Min had dreamt of Li Lian every night since the news of her death, but now that he sees Li Lian with his own two eyes, his mind and body froze.

Li Lian frowned at He Chang Min's indecisiveness, "If you don't have anything to say then, I'll be going first."

Seeing Li Lian who was about to leave, He Chang Min clutches her hand firmly. "W-Wait don't go."

Li Lian, "I'm in a bit of hurry for an appointment, Mr. He. Please state your business faster."

Li Lian called him 'Mr. He' in order to put a clear line between them. Warning He Chang Min that they don't have any relationship other than a past acquaintance.

He Chang Min frown in dislike from the way Li Lian calls him like a stranger. After a moment of hesitation, He Chang Min finally spoke up the question he had been wanting to asks.

"Xiao Lian...H-How could yo-"

Li Lian snorts and cuts his words off once again, "How could I be still alive? Shouldn't you die? Is that what you wanted to ask, Mr. He? "

She doesn't have time to talk with someone from her past.

He Chang Min grew silent. He couldn't retort anything back since what Li Lian said was on point.

Li Lian knit her brows tighter, "If I told you how... would you even believe me? Don't you remember that you are one of the people who believed that I used those drugs?"

He Chang Min eyes widened, "Tha-! That day I was!... And the video" He Chang Min doesn't know what to say or how to continue explaining himself.

The video in which Li Lian was taking drugs- No she was forced to! Everything was Xie Hue Lin's wicked plan.

Li Lian continues with a cynic tone, "Oh! Yeah, of course, you can't believe me, the video...You're right that's concrete evidence. But you could have asked me, you could have put your trust in me...Hahaha, what am I even saying? You were already blinded by your love for Hue Lin so how could you possibly believe me? You don't even know the real me and yet you believed other people's words easily."

'The real me?' He Chang Min's scrunches his brows. What else he doesn't know from Li Lian?

He Chang Min part his mouth as if he needed to say something but once again shut his lips with a complex expression. With Li Lian's sharp words piercing right through his heart, his expression grew darker like a tunnel without light, unable to find a way out.

Li Lian looks at He Chang Min's silent-state which proves her words were right and sneered. She pulls her wrist from his grips and walks away.

Just as she arrived outside Million Entertainment Building, He Chang Min chases her and once again grab her frail wrist, halting her from walking away.

As his desperate last move He Chang Min speaks, "Li Lian, wait!! Let's go home okay?"

Li Lian couldn't even believe what she had just heard and repeated while sneering. There's only one place He Chang Min means by "home" and that is Xie residence.

"Let's go home? Where? Do you mean Xie's residence? Are you ******* with me?!" Li Lian's voice grew coarse as she raises her voice.

Wvw al Hu Cvfre Mar lm nuzlalouro?

And how could he dare to bring her back to that vile house!? The place where her whole self was wounded!

Just as Li Lian was about to release her wrist from his grip and slap him senseless, a hand firmly stop his wrist along with his cold voice. "Stop it."