Chapter 40 - 38: Worrisome

Echoing through the wooden hall, the Old Master coughed loudly. He holds a handkerchief on top of his mouth, muffling the loud cough. Kei hurried and pull a container of medicine and gave it to the Old Master along with a cup of warm tea.

The Old Master took a few sip and swallow the medicine before he notices Kei's perturbing expression. The Old Master frowned and with a loud voice he thumps his cane to the floor. " What's with that expression?! It's as if your wife just died! "Soon after he finishes his sentence, The Old Master's cough worsens and blood sips out from his lips, coloring the light blue handkerchief to red.

Seeing this, Kei's eyes felt as if it would fall out of its socket and run toward The Old Master while patting his back. The Old Master slaps his hand and wrinkles his forehead " Don't treat me as if I'm about to die! Don't fret this is nothing but a small illness! "

Kei's expression darkens by the word 'illness'. He knew that The Old Master's illness is not a small illness but rather a deadly one. Right after the news of Li Lian's accident, his illness worsens.

Old Master, " Have you call for those two trouble makers? "

Kei nods, " Yes, young master Shun and Shin have found young lady Rian's whereabout and confirmed her safety. "

Satisfied by the report, the Old Master could finally rest his back and exhales. He continues, " That man seems to have fulfilled his promise, with this I do not have to worry about Rian anymore. "

Kei became silent for a while, pondering the Old Master's words. The Old Master took another few sip and turn his face toward the brooding Kei.

Old Master, " What else? "

Kei knelt to the ground and bowed, hesitantly he continued, " Master, is it really alright to believe that man's words? Although he promises to protect young lady Rian through marriage, we still don't know him well...And we do not know if young lady Rian would continue the marriage."

The Old master taps his wooden cane and folds his handkerchief, answering " If we are talking about Rian's safety, marriage is nothing but a small compensation. And, before that " man " from Ryu Family can found Rian it's far better to entrust Rian to the young master of Li Family. "

Although no one other than Li Family could protect Li Lian, Kei still has some protest to the marriage. He had been watching Li Lian and the twin's growth since they were young and had thought them as his own family. Entrusting the safety of Li Lian to a man that he doesn't know felt as if he gave his child to a den of Lions, especially that man's family is the well-known " Li Family".

Sensing Kei's expression of disapprovement and worry, The Old Master's face muscle twitch in annoyance, " Don't fret! Stop with that look, our priority is to avoid Ryu Family from taking advantage of Rian! As long as she is bound with Li Family through marriage, they could never land a hand on Rian. "

Rilled up by emotions, The Old Master once again cough loudly. Kei's expression darkens, although he still held his protest of the marriage, after seeing the Old Master's sickness worsen, he couldn't do anything but obediently nods and worriedly take care of The Old Master.