Chapter 47 - 45: Protect

Karasuma Kuroo took his phone and after reading the message from the screen, a chilling smile painted on his face. He took a look at the two teenager across the room with a smile.

Meanwhile, Li Lian who sat on the opposite side, back-to-back with the young man whisper something in Japanese, " Hey, can you reach your hand to the rope on my wrist? "

For the past 5 hours, that was the first time the young man heard the Li Lian's voice. the young man tries to feel around, searching for the Li Lian's hand. As soon as he felts something that akin to a rope, the young man answers her with another whisper, " Is this it? " he tug the rope on her wrist.

Li Lian answers, " yes, can you try to undo the tie? After you undo the tie, I'll undo yours. "

the young man , " I'll try. But you couldn't see too right? How do you plan to go outside? We do not even know how many people inside this room."

Li Lian, " I cannot see, but I know. There are 5 people on the right and 6 on the left. The leader is guarded by another two men beside him. And, my family is already here- "

The young man, " They're here? How do you know that?"

Li Lian, "I heard the sound of the footsteps has increased. We need to find a place to hide when they're fighting."

The young man look around him, with the tie on his eyes getting loose, he could see a pile of metal safe-box and answered, " Got it, I found a place on our right- but be careful, it would be bad if they know what we're doing. "

The young man became quiet, thinking in silence for a few moments before he continues, " Are you not scared? "

Li Lian was immersed in undoing the rope that she couldn't hear the young man's voice clearly, " What? Are you asking me why I'm not scared? "

" Mn. " The young man answered.

Li Lian, " This happens because I'm the granddaughter of Ryouma Clan, sooner or later I too would be involved in another fight like this- But...I need to apologize to you."

The young man lifts his brow, "Apologies to me? "

Li Lian, "Because of me you're kidnapped- I can't also remember much but there was also a young boy who's also involved when the kidnapped me. "

The young man parts his lips as soon as he was about to speak, Li Lian heard soft steps reaching toward them and suddenly exclaims, " You! What do you want kidnapping me here? "

Karasuma Kuroo halt his steps, thinking to himself, ' This young lady is quite perceptive...and here I thought she's another weak, fragile and spoiled young lady who could do nothing other than crying. '

Kuroo walks straight to her, squatted down and pull the white bandage covering Li Lian's eyes. " Young lady, what do you need to know? Just stay here a quietly and perhaps...I will let you live. "

From a young age, Li Lian is very perceptive, especially to sensing dangers around her. But this man was far more dangerous than anyone she ever met! His tone sounded amused as if he is having fun with their reaction and yet he exuded so much threaten and blood-l.u.s.t. Li Lian could feel chill running down her spine, the previous man he fought with felt much less threatening in front of him!

While Li Lian was talking, taking all the attention of Kuroo, her hand moves swiftly trying to undo the rope on the young man's wrist.

Kuroo's wild instinct warns him that something was off and decided to take a look at Li Lian's back- when suddenly a loud barge burst inside the room.

Before anyone could react or even blink, the sound of gunshots fills the room. Not only gunshots and the smell of blood gets even stronger each time a swift sound of a blade. Only one clan in Japan that has this heavy yet swift sound of sword-slashes- The Ryouma Clan!

After the young man finally undo Li Lian's rope, she shouted, " Kei-Nii-Chan! I'm here! "

Kei who stood in front of the door un-sheathe his Katana and march inside the room as soon as he heard Li Lian's voice. Unlike his usual calm and kind expression, Kei's eyes glower sisterly. Whatever in front of him was cut lifeless in a flash, he proceeds without care toward the source of Li Lian's voice. The young man also hurried and undo the rope on Li Lian's wrist.

Karasuma Kuroo stood behind the pillar and looking at Kei with a horrendous smile. He pulls his gun and shot Kei's subordinate like a mad-man. Instantly, Kei's subordinates move back and hide behind the pillar.

The young man guarded Li Lian and lead her to hide behind a sturdy, pile of metal safe-box. When suddenly a bullet landed on the window on top of them. Noticing the shards that almost reach toward Li Lian, the young man cover her head and raises his right hand to guard the other sharp shards towards his head.

Drops of warm blood that felt like thick water landed on Li Lian's face. Even though his eyes still looked blurry, he could see the shadowy figure that protected him. The young man snorted in pain - Even though the sharp glass shards pierced his hand and back it was very painful. The young man did not let out a scream of pain, for fear of scaring Li Lian.

Instead, he wipes the blood on Li Lian's face with his left hand and calm her body that had trembles non-stop after she realizes blood drips on her face.

" It's alright. I'm alright. "

Li Lian's stutters, she never feels this scared even when she fought with people from Karasuma Group, this was the first time for her to truly feel scared. Her hand felt the blood on the young man's back and tears streams down from the corner of her eyes.

However, the young man just quietly embraces her c.a.r.e.s.sing her back so that her tears would stop.