69

Fred and George were proud of Ron, even though they wouldn't say it to his face, they were proud, all the years of training him in the backyard was finally working out but they knew that his nerves always got the best of him, along with the commen...

Fred and George were proud of Ron, even though they wouldn't say it to his face, they were proud, all the years of training him in the backyard was finally working out but they knew that his nerves always got the best of him, along with the comments which were being thrown by the Slytherins. Currently, on the Quidditch Grounds where Angelina was holding the first practice of the season, they were trying their best to ignore the jabs sent their way, Fred would have loved nothing better than to punch Pansy Parkinson in her face after the racist comment she had sent to Angelina but his girlfriend beat him to it.

"Parkinson, detention,"

"I can't get detention, I am a Prefect," Pansy whined, she looked at Charlie who was looking at her with a bored look on her face, her hands behind her back, she looked and acted the part of the Head Girl very well. 

"Darling, I am the Head Girl, I'll talk to Flitch, you're serving detention with him," 

"What?!"

"A week's worth of detention will sort it out, yeah?" Charlie said as she nodded towards the Gryffindor team, Angelina smiled in her direction and mouthed a thank you which Charlie responded with a wink.

"Now get lost," she said before leaving the grounds.

"Come on, let's get back,"

Harry reversed away from the others to the far side of the pitch. Ron fell back toward the opposite goal. Angelina raised the Quaffle with one hand and threw it hard to Fred, who passed to George, who passed to Harry, who passed to Ron, who dropped it. The Slytherins, led by Malfoy, roared and screamed with laughter. Ron, who had pelted toward the ground to catch the Quaffle before it landed, pulled out of the dive untidily, so that he slipped sideways on his broom, and returned to playing height, blushing. Harry saw Fred and George exchange looks, but uncharacteristically neither of them said anything, for which he was grateful. 

"Pass it on, Ron," called Angelina, as though nothing had happened. Ron threw the Quaffle to Alicia, who passed back to Harry, who passed to George. . . . 

"Hey, Potter, how's your scar feeling?" called Malfoy. "Sure you don't need a lie-down? It must be, what, a whole week since you were in the hospital wing, that's a record for you, isn't it?"

Fred passed to Angelina; she reverse passed to Harry, who had not been expecting it but caught it in the very tips of his fingers and passed it quickly to Ron, who lunged for it and missed by inches. 

"Come on now, Ron," said Angelina crossly, as Ron dived for the ground again, chasing the Quaffle. "Pay attention." It would have been hard to say whether Ron's face or the Quaffle was a deeper scarlet when he returned again to playing height. Malfoy and the rest of the Slytherin team were howling with laughter. On his third attempt, Ron caught the Quaffle; perhaps out of relief he passed it on so enthusiastically that it soared straight through Katie's outstretched hands and hit her hard in the face.

"Sorry!" Ron groaned, zooming forward to see whether he had done any damage.

"Get back in position, she's fine!" barked Angelina. "But as you're passing to a teammate, do try not to knock her off her broom, won't you? We've got Bludgers for that!" Katie's nose was bleeding. Down below the Slytherins were stamping their feet and jeering. Fred and George converged on Katie. 

 "Here, take this," Fred told her, handing her something small and purple from out of his pocket. "It'll clear it up in no time." 

As the game went on Katie's nose bleed didn't stop, in fact, it got worse, Fred looked at her anxiously wondering why the bleeding hadn't stopped, he gulped before pulling out the small and purple thing he had given Katie. His eyes widened when he realised he had given her the wrong side of the pill.

"Katie," Alicia called out. Fred and George turned on their broomsticks and flew towards her as fast as they could, Katie was now chalk-white and covered in blood. 

"She needs the hospital wing," said Angelina. 

"We'll take her," said Fred. "She — er — might have swallowed a Blood Blisterpod by mistake —"

Fred and George grabbed Katie by her arms before flying in the direction of the hospital wing, when they finally reached the castle they mounted off of their broomsticks still having a tight grip on their friend. George was about to shout for Madam Pomfrey when Ainsley walked out of the Hospital Wing, the couple furrowed their eyebrows at each other before Ravenclaw's gaze went to Katie, who was starting to look even paler.

"Oh God, what happened?" Ainsley questioned as they rushed her inside and sat her on the bed before Fred scrambled off to get Madam Pomfrey.

"We were practising for our match and Ron–"

"What was Ron doing at the practice?" Ainsley questioned.

"Shush, let me finish...anyways so the Slytherin's came–"

"Why were the Slytherin's at the practice?" Ainsley question again, George turned to him with narrowed eyes.

"And then they started teasing us, poor Ron, he got a little nervous and accidently hit Katie in the nose," George said purposefully avoiding continuing the story.

"And then what happened, George?" Katie said angrily as Ainsley grabbed another gauze from the table and pressed it to Katie's nose.

"Then uh–" George trailed off as he brought his hand to his neck and scratched it before gulping a little hoping Fred would hurry up.

"I am here, what happened?" Madam Pomfrey's voice echoed through the walls of the Hospital Wing, a guilty-looking Fred following her. 

"Here," she said as she handed a potion to Katie and told her to lay down, within the next few minutes the bleeding slowed down and eventually stopped and Madam Pomfrey had given Katie permission to leave the Hospital Wing.

"What were you doing in the Hospital Wing?" George asked Ainsley after they exited the Wing, Katie was quick to walk away from them, Fred and George figured they'll apologize later to her.

"Well, I heard Madam Pomfrey was looking for an assistant to help her, so I offered, seeing I really want to get into St. Mungo's as a healer or a Mediwizard," 

"That's great," George said awkwardly before looking away from Ainsley, who seemed to have noticed his discomfort.

"What's up?" Ainsley asked as he placed a hand on George's shoulder.

"Nothing, I'll talk to you later," George said as he gave the other boy a tight smile before walking in the direction of the Gryffindor tower, Ainsley turned to Fred who was watching his brother with narrowed eyes.

"What do you think that was about?" 

"I'll figure it out, you don't worry,"