20

Path Towards Forgiveness

The streets of London were filled with snow, the snow bulldozer working hard at clearing snow from the roads but their work seemed hard as the snow kept falling making it impossible for anyone to see what was happening. Two people walked down the road, both dressed in normal clothes but the aura around them was different, it seemed that the older of the two was complaining under his breath. 

"Why do we have to do this today? We could have gone any other day," Thomas Densmore who pulled his jacket closer.

"Because, father, the thing is only for today, we don't know when it will be back," Charlie Densmore said as she pulled the woollen cap further down her head.    

"But it's so cold, come on we'll go home, I'll make some hot chocolate," Thomas said as he grabbed Charlie's hand trying to turn her back to go home.

"No, stop bribing me, anyways we are here,"

Thomas looked ahead to see a huge building with the name The Escape Room, what were they doing here he had no idea, Charlie had never shown any interest in the mazes even when she was a child, her interest was always in the books.

"The escape room?" Thomas asked.

"The escape room," Charlie said as she bounced with excitement.

"You have never shown any interest in the escape rooms before, even when you were a kid," 

"People change,"

A man wearing a purple coat, a purple top hat and a matching set of gum boats, walked down the streets of London, a small piece of paper in his hands trying to find the correct address which was proving to be difficult as the snow was rapidly falling.

"Ugh-is this a trap? But the letter seemed so professional and I do need a place for my shop," Willy Wonka muttered under his breath when he was suddenly walked into by someone. He looked up to see no-one but he did see a flash of red.

"Excuse me, Miss, would you tell me where this is?" He asked one of the passersby.

"Go straight from here and take a right, there's a black building there, that is your destination,"

"Thank you, Miss,"

"Your welcome, have a good day," 

He walked down the street and took the first right and there before him, was a big black building with the name Escape Room written in front of it. Sighing he went inside only to find the place empty except for two people and the receptionist who was sitting on the chairs with their backs turned to him.

"Is Robin Batman here?" Willy called out. The two people turned towards him and to his surprise, they were none other than his granddaughter and son.