15

Humongous Bighead

Humongous Bighead

Over the next week, Fred and George prepared for their trip to Eygpt, they managed to find a camera for cheap and even bought some new clothes. Charlie had been informed about the trip who was going to join them the day before. With all the adrenaline related to the trip, they forgot about the letter written to Charlie and how they were supposed to get the letter back. The trip to Egypt was a good one for everyone, at some point during the trip they tried to lock Percy inside a pyramid but got caught and scoldings. 

Now as the vacation got to the near end, it seemed like a good plan to spend the last couple of days in the Diagon Alley as they were informed that Harry Potter was living there and it was Arthurs duty to make sure that he got to the station soundly but more importantly safely. The ministry even went as far as to provide them with cars for the trip to Kings Cross.

"Harry!! How nice to see you." Percy welcomed Harry as the younger boy came to the Leaky Cauldron where the family was currently staying.

"Hello, Percy," said Harry. 

"I hope you're well?" said Percy pompously, shaking hands. It was rather like being introduced to the mayor. 

"Very well, thanks —" 

"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. 

"Simply splendid to see you, old boy —" 

"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. 

"Absolutely spiffing." Percy scowled. 

"That's enough, now," said Mrs Weasley. 

"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. 

"How really corking to see you —" 

"I said, that's enough," said Mrs Weasley, depositing her shopping in an empty chair. 

"Hello, Harry, dear. I suppose you've heard our exciting news?" She pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. 

"Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.

"And last," Fred muttered under his breath. 

"I don't doubt that," said Mrs Weasley, frowning suddenly. 

"I notice they haven't made you two prefects." 

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life." 

Ginny giggled. 

"You want to set a better example for your sister!" snapped Mrs Weasley. 

"Ginny's got other brothers to set her an example, Mother," said Percy loftily. "I'm going up to change for dinner. . . ." He disappeared and George heaved a sigh.