77

Dumbledore's Army

The first lesson that Harry decided to start out with was Expelliarmus which didn't go down very well with Zacharias Smith who honestly was getting on everybody's nerves but Harry was quite good at shutting down the Hufflepuff boy. Harry insisted that the spell was useful and that he had used the spell against You-Know-Who. He had given everyone the choice to walk out right at that moment but nobody, even Zacharias Smith, walked out of that room. As soon as Harry told everyone to pair up, Charlie was on her feet, she was quite excited to start with this already even though she was very good at the spell. As she looked at Ainsley, who she thought she would pair with, it was Fred who whisked her away. 

"Hey, I was going to practise with Ainsley," Charlie said.

"Nah, I don't think friends should throw curses at each other,"

"You're my boyfriend," Charlie said blankly.

"Exactly which means you'll feel guilty if I get hurt or something...frankly I don't trust George to be very lenient," 

"Who says I'll go easy on you?" Charlie said with a smirk as she brought her wand up and pointed it at Fred, who didn't expect this, and flicked her wrist and jumped slightly in the air to catch Fred's wand. 

"Hey, that's not fair...I was distracted," Fred said as he walked over to Charlie to collect his wand.

"By my beauty?" Charlie asked.

"No...by your smell," Fred said as he waved his hand in front of his nose.

"I do not smell," Charlie said as her voice went up by a couple of octaves.

"Seriously you do. What did you eat?"

"I...it's not me," Charlie said as she raised her underarm and sniffed, sure she was a little sweaty but it was not smelly. Then it hit her, George and Fred sat with them for dinner and they had brought their own dinner from their table and didn't eat anything from the Ravenclaw table.

"What did you do?" Charlie asked as she raised her wand.

"We may have spiked Ravenclaws food but we didn't know where Smith sits so we ended up spiking the entire table, you Ravenclaws will probably smell for the next time you shower,"

"Well, I am going right after this," Charlie declared. 

"Can I join you?" Fred asked with a smirk on his face.

"No, I thought you didn't like how I smell," Fred opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted by his twin.  

"Pss, hey Fred," George beckoned his twin over. Both Charlie and Fred looked over at him as he nodded over at Zacharias who was partnering with Anthony Goldstein, there was a wicked grin on his face.

"What are you planning on doing?" Ainsley tried asking but before he could say anything further the twins pointed their wands at Zacharias and took turns in disarming him. 

"Boys," Charlie tried to intervene, her Head-Girl personality coming out but Ainsley pulled her away from them and started practising on their own.

The twins were having a little too much fun causing trouble and this couldn't escape Harry's eyes for very long. 

"Sorry, Harry," said George hastily, when Harry caught his eye. "Couldn't resist,"

As Harry turned to walk away from them, the twins turned towards each other and started practising the spell on each other, they had the time of their lives disarming each other and absolutely loved perfecting the spell.

"Okay, stop!" Harry shouted. "Stop! STOP !" Harry said before blowing on a whistle he had. 

Everyone lowered their wands. 

"That wasn't bad," said Harry, "but there's definite room for improvement." Zacharias Smith glared at him. "Let's try again."

This time, however, Charlie practised with George and Fred practised with Ainsley. All of them were so engrossed with their practice, that they didn't realise that it was already ten past nine which meant they needed to get back to their common rooms immediately or risk being caught and punished by Filch for being out-of-bounds. It was Harry that blew his whistle and brought them out of a trance like situation.

"Well, that was pretty good," said Harry, "but we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?" 

"Sooner!" said Dean Thomas eagerly and many people nodded in agreement. Angelina, however, said quickly, "The Quidditch season's about to start, we need team practices too!"

"Let's say next Wednesday night, then," said Harry, "and we can decide on additional meetings then. . . . Come on, we'd better get going. . . ."

"Come on, love," Fred said as Harry pulled a piece of parchment and instructed everyone when to go and how to go so they'd avoid any teachers on the way.

"No you go ahead, I have to go take a bath and then go on rounds," 

"I have to be frank, it's getting worse," Fred said which resulted in him getting elbowed in the stomach.

"But...but it's something I can tolerate until the end of the time,"

"End of time...that's a long time,"

"Yeah but I think we'll be fine,"

It was late at night, everyone had just returned from the very first DA meeting, Fred and George were tired but still not ready to sleep and the common room was fairly empty barring some first years who were frantically completing their homework. The DA meet confirmed one thing: Umbridge wasn't going to teach them to defend themselves and frankly they were now more interested in fighting than learning. They believed they had outgrown full-time education and now it was time to grow their business. They still have to talk to their partners and honestly out of everything that was the most terrifying part for them.

"You reckon they'd be angry?" Fred asked as he lazily flicked his wand towards the dying fire in the fireplace and light flooded through the room immediately. 

"They would be infuriated," George said as he shuddered.

"I am scared. Charlie can be quite scary," 

"You haven't seen Ainsley angry, Freddie boy. He get's scarier than mum and Ginny combined,"

"But they love us, right? And they'd be happy for us? Won't they?" 

"I don't think it's the happy part, it's the leaving them behind part for me,"

"We should tell them or just wait our final year to be over?"

"I am not sure, Georgie, I reckon it would be better if we waited for the year to finish. We would at least not get scolded," 

"Or probably hit?" George said as he looked over at Fred, a scared look in his eyes.

"Mum won't hit us, right?....Right?" Fred said as he gulped as asked George a second time when he didn't answer the first time.

"Mum probably won't but..." George started.

"But," Fred gulped once again.

"Mum won't hit us but Charlie probably will,"

AN: Sorry for the very very late update. I was just not feeling like updating and writing, so bear with me if this wasn't a great update.