80

Flight in the Middle Of the Night

December arrived, bringing with it more snow and a positive avalanche of homework for the seventh year. Charlie's Head Girl duties also became more and more onerous as Christmas approached. She had to supervise the prefects working on the decorations and frankly, she was very close to hurting both Ron and Hermione if they didn't stop bickering over the smallest of things. Between her Head Girl duties, the school work and developing recipes that she needed to send to Grandpa Willy, she was very close to bursting out and breaking down. She had been avoiding the twins for the past few weeks and her conversations with everybody else remained restricted to D.A. meetings. Her holiday plans were still unsure, whether she should remain at Hogwarts or return home to Thomas, who hadn't stopped writing about his plans...at one point she had considered going over to Sirius's place but she figured Harry would go there and she didn't want to intrude. 

"Have you packed?" Charlie who was laying on her bed looking up at the ceiling, more like glaring, looked at the door where Luna was standing, her signature smile on her face as she made her way inside. 

"We still have two days Luna," Charlie said as she moved a little to make space for Luna. Luna laid beside her before she too looked up at the ceiling. 

"I don't understand what you're looking at?" Luna asked before she looked at Charlie. 

"I–I don't know," Charlie answered sincerely not knowing what else to say.   

"You still aren't talking to Fred?" Luna asked sincerely.

"No but he hasn't made any effort to talk with me either. So why should I be the one to make the first step?" 

"Because that will make you a bigger person?" 

"What if I don't want to be a bigger person?" 

Fred didn't like to be awakened like he did that night and he would've probably cursed the hell out of the person waking him up, but that person was Professor McGonagall, who had a severe look on her face. And also he was scared of her. Fred's first instinct was to tell her that he didn't do anything but then he'd have been lying. Fred watched as Professor McGonagall woke George up and told him to get dressed and meet her in the common room before rushing downstairs. Fred and George exchanged a look before grabbing their wands and their robes and walking towards the common room and waiting, patiently, for the Head of the House to return.

"Professor?" George asked when she came down with Ginny tucked in her side. Ginny on spotting her brothers rushed to their side and Fred wrapped an arm around her shoulders.