30

Puking Pastilles

Puking Pastilles

Fred and George were in their room sitting on the floor while Charlie and Ainsley were sitting on their beds carefully observing what they were doing, Fred and George were testing their newest experiment. Charlie found it fascinating how the twins poured themselves into their work, she had only seen them this passionate when it came to pranking someone. She was amazed by their work progress, their style of work and see how dedicated they were towards opening their joke shop, they had already decided all the things they wanted in their shop and where they wanted to open their shop.

"Diagon Alley seems to be the most obvious choice," Fred said as he waved his wand stirring the contents of the cauldron in an anti-clockwise direction.

"What about your competitions?" Ainsley asked referring to Zonko's.

"Mr Zonko's getting old and he doesn't have anyone who shares the same excitement as him about the jokes, maybe one day we could buy his shop in Hogsmeade," George grinned.

"That's a little ambitious, isn't it?" Ainsley asked.

"I think it's brilliant," Charlie commented as the contents of the Cauldron began to smoke and turn to a nice bright orange colour.

"Lady and gentleman, we present to you the Puking Pastilles,"

"Puking Pastilles? Sounds appetizing," Ainsley scrunched his nose as Fred gave them one of the pills.

"It's supposed to make you puke,"

"Why would you want to puke deliberately?" Charlie asked.

"To get you out of class,"

They were sitting in Fred and George's room for several hours while Fred and George worked on making some ideas, Ainsley had drowsed off and Charlie was sitting with her journal opened in front of her as she scribbled the newest idea she had. By the time she was done, it was nearing dinner time and Mrs Weasley had personally come to call them for dinner however she chose a bad time as the boys had just finished making a few more of those pasties.

"What is that?" She asked sternly as the twins hid everything behind their backs and gave her the most innocent and charming smiles they could manage but Mrs Weasley was used to everything the twins did. She sighed as she turned to Charlie who still had her book opened in front of her, however, the poor mother misinterpreted Charlie to be studying as she turned to her with an impressed and proud smile.
"Why can't you two be like her, she's studying potions?" Mrs Weasley said the twins rolled their eyes as Mrs Weasley fondly stroked Charlie's hair.

"Mum, dad's here," Ron shouted as Mrs Weasley instructed the twins to wrap everything up and get ready for dinner.

"Did you hear about the new candy Crazy Willy's made?" George asked suddenly, Charlie's feet faltered a little as Ainsley watched her from the corner of his eye however, neither Fred nor George took notice of this.

"Yeah, I am excited, especially for the kite one," Fred said as he pushed past George and towards Charlie whose hands were shaking slightly. He noticed how quiet she was but shrugged it off as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked down the stairs.

"He's genius,"

"Who is?" Mr Weasley asked.

"Crazy Willy,"

"Ah, one of the biggest mysteries of the Wizarding World,"

"What do you mean by mystery?" Ainsley asked as he carefully glanced at Charlie.

"Willy Wonka, he was the greatest confectioner of his time, Queenbee, Bertie Botts even Honeydukes would beg Willy to give some ideas, his candies were brilliant especially the lickable wallpaper but later many companies started conspiring against Willy. They sent their workers to work in the factory and steal the recipes which made them successful however it drove Willy into madness, he couldn't trust anyone. Even his wife-" Charlie looked up at the mention of her grandmother, by that point, everybody had gathered around the table listening to the story.

"He doubted his wife, I don't know the wife's name, it was never mentioned. He pushed his family away who later fled to the Netherlands. Nobody heard about them after that, Willy went crazy, it was said he had spent years talking to himself,"

"Where is he now, Dad?"

"Nobody knows, in fact, nobody has ever seen him, even the ex-employees said they would just hear his voice and if somebody got lucky they would see his shadow,"

"What did his shadow look like?" Charlie(D) asked as everybody nodded eagerly waiting for the answer.

"A tall man, with a top hat and a long coat,"

The crack of the dawn was the only time when Molly found the house quiet because as soon as everybody gets up all the hell breaks out, one could hear the constant explosions from Fred and George's room, and the bickering between Ron and Ginny or Ron and the Twins or Ron and Percy. So like usual, she was prepping for breakfast, everyone was asleep, she went to check on Charlie and Ainsley who were sleeping in the living room to find Ainsley hunched over shivering in the cold while Charlie had drowned herself in two blankets, sighing Mrs Weasley summoned another blanket and laid it over Ainsley body who immediately wrapped himself in its warmth. With a promise to give the poor boy an extra cup of tea for breakfast Molly went to wake up Arthur who was supposed to leave for the Ministry early that day when there was a knock on the door.

"Who in Merlin's name would be here this early in the morning?" Molly said as she opened the door to find a tall man standing in front with a hesitant smile on his face and a basket filled with things in his arms.

"Hi, I am Thomas Densmore, I am Charlie's father," Thomas said as Molly ushered him in.

"This is for you," Thomas said as he handed the basket to Molly.

"This isn't necessary," Molly said as she denied taking the basket from him.

"No, I insist, it's the least I can do. It's a thank you for taking care of my kids," Thomas said as Molly sighed and accepted the basket which had eggs, bacon, loaves of bread and jams along with fruits and sausages.

"I am sorry to come so early but the ministry's busy and I don't want to cause you any more trouble than I already did," Thomas said as Molly invited him to the kitchen and poured him a nice hot cup of tea.

"Nonsense, those kids were a delight. I'll just go wake Arthur up," Molly said with a smile.

"Oh no, that's not necessary, could you just wake Charlie and Ainsley up?"

"How about I fix you some breakfast while the kids pack their things?"

"No-"

"I insist. My kids will have a fit if they knew that Ainsley and Charlie left without saying goodbye,"

"Aww, I liked having another girl in the house, it's almost inhumane to live with six brothers,"

"Ginny!" Charlie laughed as Ginny shrugged and ignored her mother before she hugged Ainsley and Charlie.

"Don't worry Gin, she'll live in this house one day,"

"What?" Thomas asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"I mean she will be back-I mean she'll return-" Fred stammered as Charlie turned red as she tried drowning out the conversation.

"Stop talking," George said as he shook his head in disappointment.

"I am disappointed to call you my brother,"

"Okay, that's enough Bill," Mrs Weasley snapped at her eldest son then turned to look at Charlie and Ainsley with a loving smile on her face.

"I am so glad Fred and George found someone who can mellow them down,"