47

Smitten

It was quite late in the night by the time Thomas returned home, he looked tired than usual, the dark circles under his eyes were a clear sign of overworking, he threw his bag on the sofa before sitting on the sofa. He groaned loudly when the door was knocked, his wand hiding behind his sleeve he made his way to open the door and boy, didn't he expect what was behind the door. Or who was?

"Thomas," she said in a breathy whisper. Thomas's eyes flashed as he picked up his wand not hesitating even for a second pointing it at her face, Thomas hadn't been this angry in a long time, how dare she come to his house.

"Get lost," Thomas nearly screamed.  

"If you just let me-"

"I am warning you Alina, I don't care....get lost," 

"I just want to meet our daughter," 

"No....she's my daughter, you lost the right to call yourself her mother....the day you left us to join him," Thomas said angrily. He wasn't an angry man in any sense but seeing his former wife in front of him brought something out of him, all these years he had managed to keep Charlie away from everything, from her mother.

"I didn't have any choice....Tom....he's...manipulative,"

"You could've refused to join....we could've...just get out,"

"I-"

"What...you left us...Alina...you choose Voldermort over your daughter, over your family," Alina flinched at the name.

"What afraid of your masters name? huh,"

"You don't understand....he told me he'd harm you...Charlie,"

"Lies," Thomas shouted, his wand still pointing at her face."You never cared about Charlie, you are just here to recruit her, aren't you?" Thomas was red, he didn't think he had been so angry before. 

"That's not true,"

"You tried to choke her after she was born...it was a good thing I saw you before you harmed my daughter," It was as if a switch was turned on, Alina's façade of innocence dropped and evil smirk made it's way on her face.

"It's a really sad thing...she survived...could've been better if she died, that little brat, cried so much," she said angrily, Thomas flicked his wand throwing Alina against the wall loudly banging against. It was a good thing Charlie wasn't home, she was at Willy's who wanted to keep his granddaughter for a weekend, Alina got up stumbling as she whipped her wand out pointing it at Thomas.

"Now that she survived....might as well be some use for me...the Dark Lord's in search of new...young recruits," 

"My daughter will not turn into you....I will make sure of that,"