71

Batshit Crazy

Charlie was not having a great night, she was with Malfoy for the night and she was getting tired of his whining for every silly thing, in her head she was just cursing Marcus, the Head Boy, for making a timetable that had stuck her and Malfoy together. They had hardly been together for two hours and had another three hours to go and she wasn't sure if she could take it anymore, she turned towards Malfoy and stopped walking. It seemed that Malfoy hadn't noticed she wasn't beside him and that also meant that he hadn't seen the wand that had been raised at him. With a simple spell, a whiny Maloy had been turned into a slow walking tortoise. With a smile, Charlie picked it up and raised her finger to pet it but the tortoise snapped its teeth at her which caused her to retrieve the finger back.

"Even in this state you're fiesty Malfoy," Charlie said, she carefully balanced him on the palm of her hand and was about to walk off when;

"What are you doing?" George's voice echoed through the corridor, Charlie shrieked a little and she quickly shushed him down before walking towards him.

"Why do you have tortoise with you?" George asked.

"It's Malfoy," Charlie said.

"What?!"

"Shh. He was getting very irritating, so to shut him off I did this,"

"You're the Head Girl you should be ashamed," George said.

"Really?" Charlie asked softly.

"No, of course not, this is brilliant but you have to turn him back, I need to talk to you," George said as he took Malfoy, the tortoise, from her hand and placed it on the ground before taking her hand and turned around a corner.

"I am turning him back, he's not going to remember anything from being a tortoise. He didn't see you raising your wand right?"

"No, I think?"

"Great, must say I am impressed," George said as he pointed his wand at Malfoy and waved it, a few seconds later Malfoy was on the floor looking horrified. George turned to Charlie and pressed a finger to his lips;

"I'll go hide, meet me in 10 near courtyard," George said before running off.

"Malfoy come on, walk faster, would you?" Charlie called out from the corner.

"Wait a minute, I was–" Malfoy said as he sprinted a little before catching up with Charlie who was trying her hardest to control her smile.

"Are you okay? You look a little grey," Charlie said before clearing her throat a little.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. What were doing back there?" 

"I was–Nevermind," Malfoy said before walking ahead of her and disappearing as he turned around the corner, Charlie chuckled as she made her way towards the courtyard. She wondered what George had to talk about, he had been a little off lately and now that she thought about it he sure seemed weirder than usual.