72

Just like everyone had predicted, Umbridge didn't really last against McGonagall

Just like everyone had predicted, Umbridge didn't really last against McGonagall. The DADA professor was quiet the entire time and sat quietly in the back of the class, this was strikingly different from the other classes. Umbridge was still whispering in the background mostly to Angelica, who was very hesitant in answering the questions asked. Everyone else except Fred(who didn't have Transfiguration) was sitting on the edge wondering if Umbridge would ask them the next question. Their parents warned the twins and Charlie not to mess with the High Inquisitor and not to do anything that will anger her. As the class got to end, Charlie was desperate to get out of the class as Umbridge was asking almost everyone questions and she knew she had to escape this. But her wish wasn't granted as Umbridge came and sat beside her, her overly sweet perfume almost burned Charlie's nose. For a minute or so, Umbridge didn't speak but then;

"Hem Hem," Charlie decided to ignore her and instead choose to continue taking notes.

"Ms Densmore," came Umbridge's high pitched voice.

"Yes Professor?"

"I heard your father's the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, isn't he?" 

"Yes, Professor,"

"And your mother? What about her?" Charlie froze as the conversation shifted, it was tense, her father didn't mention her mother anymore, she was sure. Thomas would get angry anytime someone would say her mother's name.

"I don't know Professor, she ran away...I don't know where she is,"

"Isn't that sad, dear, not knowing about your family. Not knowing whether you're a half-blood, pure-blood or god forbid, a Half-breed–"

"Professor Umbridge! This will be the last time I'll be asking you this. Do not disturb my kids, thank you!" Umbridge flushed as she quickly scribbled something on the notepad while Charlie looked over at McGonagall who very subtly nodded her head and gave her a smile. 

"Now, shall we continue?" 

Sitting in the stands as she watched over Gryffindors practice, Charlie wrote three letters, one for her father, one for Willy and the last one for Sirius, informing each of them of the developments in the staff of the school. She didn't go into a lot of detail about Umbridge in the letters and didn't mention the Order as she didn't know if their letters were intercepted or not. Being the oldest of the kids who were still at school, she felt as though it was her responsibility to make sure no one steps out of line. It was a miracle that the twins hadn't found themselves in any detentions so far, perhaps it was a sign that they were growing up and understanding the seriousness of the things. Perhaps it was her imagination but Fred has been hovering around her a lot, it was good to see the protective side of him.