16

Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and the Dementors

Luna was on the verge of passing out when the lights flickered back, the ghost-like creature turned back and made its way out of the train. Luna was still shivering but was getting warmer, Charlie and Ainsley helped Luna back on the seat and advised her to rest. Making sure Luna was asleep, Charlie went trying to figure what was going on. Many students were outside trying to figure the same thing, that's when a tall man with greying hair and green eyes told everyone to return to their carriages.

"What was it?" Ainsley whispered as Charlie took her seat. 

"Don't know, but man that was scary,"

The journey resumed, it was getting warmer inside, everything seemed to go silently. Ainsley and Luna had pretty much fallen asleep but Charlie couldn't sleep. A knock on the carriage door brought her out of her thought process, there stood the same man who earlier had told everyone to quiet down.

"Yes?" 

"Did the dementor enter the carriage?"  

"The what?"  

"The hooded creature,"  

"Um-no, it didn't but my friend her was on the verge of passing out,"

"Don't worry, just give her this chocolate after she wakes up. Make sure you have a bite too along with your other friend," He pointed at Ainsley. 

"Thank you, uh-" 

"Remus Lupin,"

"Thank you, Mr Lupin," 

"Professor actually,"  

"Oh, welcome to Hogwarts Professor,"

The dinner table was set, the Professors who were sitting at the head table carried a grim expression on their faces. Dumbledore explained how the dementors were stationed at every entrance to the castle and Ministry officials at the entry of the Great Hall. He also introduced Hagrid as their Care of Magical Creatures who didn't get much applause as much as Remus did who was appointed as their Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

"Well, I think that is everything of importance. Let the feast begin," Dumbledore said.

As the feast ended it was the prefect's duty to guide the first years sorted into Ravenclaw to the common room.  

"Tou take half of the kids, I'll the other half," Roger Davies, the other Ravenclaw said.
"Alright,"

As she waited for the first she could see Fred trying to desperately make his way through the crowd by pushing the people aside.  

"Charlie, wait," 

"Come one, hurry up," She said as she quickly tried to get out but was met face to face with Fred who looked out of breath.