36

The Champions

The Champions

Charlie had woken up earlier than usual the day after Dumbledore had announced the beginning of the Triwizard Tournament, she was excited to see who could be the potential Champions from all the three schools. Ainsley was still sleeping as he didn't have any interest in the Tournament or anything to do with it, Charlie smiled at the trio before taking a seat at the end of the Ravenclaw table. Luna was already sitting eating her breakfast, she didn't notice Charlie as she was lost in her own little world of the Quibbler. Charlie didn't notice Fred, George or Lee anywhere, last night had ended on a rough note as Ainsley had called the Twins stupid which they didn't take nicely. 

"Good morning," Nicolas greeted Charlie as he came to sit in front of her, he had a pleasant and charming smile on his face as he made himself a breakfast plate.

"Morning. Did you see anyone entering?"

"All the Durmstrang lot, about half of our school, a few from your school,"

"We have had our fair share of adventures for the last couple of years," Charlie laughed. Suddenly there was a laugh coming from the Gryffindor table, Charlie and Nicolas looked up to see Lee and the Twins entering the Great Hall and for some reason,' they looked very excited.

"They are excited," Nicolas commented. Charlie had her eyes narrowed at them and as if Fred could feel her glare he looked over at her but Charlie decided to turn back to Nicolas who was talking to Luna, who was now very much interested in his school.

"Who's that with Charlie?" 

Hermione looked over at the Ravenclaw table to see Charlie with one of the Beauxbaton's boy, she looked back at Fred to see him glowering at them with his eyes narrowed, she smirked at him and looked back at Charlie and the boy.

"He's from Beauxbatons," Hermione said.

"I can see that but who is he?" Fred said blankly as he pointed towards the uniform of the boy.

"I don't know-"

"That is Nicolas Peakes," Hermione and Fred looked over at Ainsley who was purposefully ignoring George.

"He isn't entering the Tournament because he thinks it's stupid as well,"

"Well, then you two are perfect for each other, aren't you?" George snapped at him.

"Hermione, do you hear some buzzing because I do?" Ainsley said purposefully ignoring the ginger haired boy.

"Ready?" Fred said to everyone trying to make sure that George and Ainsley didn't fight. 

"C'mon, then — I'll go first —"

Charlie watched as Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket bearing the words Fred Weasley — Hogwarts. Fred walked right up to the edge of the line and stood there, rocking on his toes like a diver preparing for a fifty-foot drop. Then, with the eyes of every person in the entrance hall upon him, he took a great breath and stepped over the line. She didn't know how they had done it but her instinct told her that they had made Ageing potion. For a split second she thought it had worked — George certainly thought so, for he let out a yell of triumph and leapt after Fred — but next moment, there was a loud sizzling sound, and both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter. They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them sprouted identical long white beards.