2

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Luna Lovegood and Nargles

As they neared the Hogsmeade Station, Charlie and Luna changed into their respective uniforms, Luna in her black and Charlie in her Ravenclaw uniform, smiles on their faces. Charlie was surprised when she found that Luna showed absolutely no sign of nervousness, she appeared quite calm and carried a small smile on her face as she walked through the aisle of the train with a slight bounce in her step. 

"First years, step down and walk towards the giant man who will take you towards the school." The Prefects yelled through the corridors as they went through each and every compartment gathering the first years and ushering them to get down the train. 

"You excited?" Charlie asked as Luna was packing her satchel.

"Yup."

"What house do you think you will be in?" 

"Ravenclaw, it's my mum's house."

"It's the best house."

The Great Hall was lit as it welcomed new students, while some of the older students weren't so excited about the sorting there were others like Ainsley who were excited, the brown-haired boy sat on The Ravenclaw table alone. He wasn't going to apologize for whatever he said but he missed her and even though it hadn't been long, he wished for her to talk to him and somewhere he knew she missed him too. Looking up and down the Ravenclaw table he didn't find Charlie and while most of the students were yet to him, he knew that Charlie always liked to be the first ones to enter the Great Hall as it was the only time when it was peaceful. However after several moments when Charlie didn't show he got up, worried and decided to check where she was but at that exact moment Charlie walked in a small smile on her face.

"Please take your seats, the sorting will soon begin." Professor McGonagall's voice boomed through the Great Hall which resulted in students silently taking their seats at their respective tables.             

Ainsley watched as Charlie walked towards him with a smile on her face and the smile didn't seem to disappear from her face as she plopped herself beside him, raising his eyebrow he continued to stare at her until she turned her face towards him. He continued and continued to stare but when she didn't seem to pick on he flicked her on her forehead causing her to flick him back.

"Why are you hitting me?"

"You are sitting next to me?" Ainsley asked her.

"What do you mean?" 

"We had a fight remember?" 

"No, I don't remember, are you sure you aren't suffering from memory loss?" 

"But-you-ugh....."

"Welcome to the new students and for the old ones, Welcome back." 

Dumbledore's speech never seemed to end as he continued on and on about how the forbidden forest was dangerous for them to visit when Severus Snape walked into the Great Hall, his robe flying behind him and it looked as though he was enjoying the dramatic entrance he made and the attention each and every person, alive or dead, gave him. He strutted towards the Head table before whispering a few words to Headmaster Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall, who both got up and walked out of the Great Hall, the eyes of everyone followed them.

"Umm, so as Professor McGonagall is busy at the moment, I will be holding the sorting ceremony, the first years kindly stand in a straight line and come forward when your names have been called." Professor Flitwick said as he stepped up on the stool which was summoned by him.        

"Luna Lovegood." The name caught Charlie's attention who previously hadn't been paying towards sorting but she was excited and curious about Luna's sorting and he was hoping that Luna would be in Ravenclaw, she surely had that aura surrounding her, so when the hat yelled Ravenclaw, Charlie was the first one to clap, she was happy.

"Welcome to Ravenclaw," Charlie said as Luna sat across from her.

"Thank you, I was hoping it would be Ravenclaw, the nargles worked their magic." Charlie and Ainsley exchanged confused looks, Ainsley, mainly because he hadn't ever heard anyone talking as dreamily as Luna and Charlie because she was focused on one question 'What the hell are nargles?"

"Excuse me, Nargles?"     

"Yes, they are everywhere." With that Luna's attention was turned towards the sorting where a girl with bright red hair similar to Fred and George Weasley was walking towards the stool, Charlie could see the girl whispering something to herself, perhaps some words of confidence. 

As soon as the Hat said Gryffindor Charlie's eyes went towards the Weasley Twins and sure enough, they were both looking at the girl with a smile on their faces and not to forget they looked so proud of their sister, they were the first ones to start clapping and things were about to get loud and even Professor Flitwick sensed it so he quickly called the next student. As the sorting went on Charlie again lost her interest and her eyes wandered towards the Gryffindor table where she caught the sight of The Weasley Twins along with their little sister looking around as if they were looking for someone perhaps the same someone they were searching on the train for.  

Fred searched for Ron throughout the Great Hall but he caught sight of neither Ron nor Harry but he found someone looking at him and that someone happened to be the rude blonde they had encountered on the train, he didn't know her name as they did...

Fred searched for Ron throughout the Great Hall but he caught sight of neither Ron nor Harry but he found someone looking at him and that someone happened to be the rude blonde they had encountered on the train, he didn't know her name as they didn't stick around her compartment for long, they had a job to finish. He offered her a smile along with a small wave which she returned after which her eyes shifted to Dumbledore and McGonagall who returned to the Great Hall along with Snape who carried his usual ugly expression on his face. Fred's gaze returned to the blonde girl who was talking with the brown-haired boy, both of them glaring at Snape as he walked past them and it seemed as if Snape noticed their glare as he stopped in front of them going to say a few words but was cut off by Dumbledore who insisted that he should take his seat. 

"So what's with the glare, huh?" Charlie was suddenly caught in between the Twins as the students were dismissed for the night and were told to go to the common room. Charlie had to exit the Great Hall alone as Ainsley was called by Professor Flitwick and when the Twins caught the sight of the rude blonde they lept from their table and walked towards her looping their arms with her.

"What are you doing?" Charlie said as she pulled her arms back towards her.

"We are walking you towards your common room." George started. 

 "-But seriously what is with the glare?" Fred continued.

"I can walk towards my common room thank you very much."

"You are still avoiding the question," George commented.

"Last year, Snape said some things and I held my grudges-wait a minute how do you know I was glaring at Snape, were you staring at me, Weasleys?" 

"I wasn't, Fred was," George inserted.

"Thanks, mate."

"Your welcome."