Part 16

I had this song in my head so I wrote a scene around it. Then I ruined it. Okay thank you xx

~Jesse's perspective~

Soft jazz playing, food happily bubbling in the kitchen, a smiling man: the perfect setting for romance to happen. I walk into the living room and make a turn. I sway with the music and hum along. I haven't been able to stop singing and dancing, even though I can't do either of those things. When I came home I jumped into the shower with a happy playlist until my throat was sore. While cooking I was humming along to some jazz, the movement of my hands as my dance with the ingredients. How could I not be happy? My work was going great, I got myself a great guy who was coming over, I looked amazing and that ragu tasted amazing. And my smile grew wider when I heard the doorbell ring, and even wider when I see him.

"Hello beautiful, looking good."

"You're in a good mood."

"How could I not be, you're here."

He looks amazing, and I can't help but wonder how this amazing man willingly showed up at my house when I was a mess. How this astonishing soul wants to spend time with me. How this incredible being longs for me. I hear a familiar intro playing and take him into my arms and start singing.

"Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars."

"Let me see what spring is like on.... Jupiter and Mars."

I feel my heart get lighter as I hear his voice. Holy shit he can actually sing. I take over.

"In other words, hold my hand." I hold his hand closer to my chest.

"In other words, maybe kiss me..." I lean in and feel his soft lips that just created that beautiful sound.

"Fill my heart with song..."

"And let me sing for....evermore."

"I will... You have a beautiful singing voice..."

He blushes and I lean in once more. But before I can taste him again, the doorbell rings. I pause the music.

"Goddammit, don't move."

"I won't."

"What the hell." It's her, and she is mad. Her eyes are stone cold, so cold that I feel chills shivering down my spine. But on the other hand... it's kinda hot? What-

"Hi Jolein."

"Are you kidding me?"

"I can't do a formal introduction?"

"You're unbelievable."

"I know it's hard to believe such a perfect human being-"

"Perfect human being? PERFECT? Would a perfect human being go and sleep around with the person who broke his first marriage?"

"Excuse me?"

"For the past year I constantly thought I was treating you too harshly, that maybe my instinct was wrong, that maybe I should give you another chance. Thank you for showing me I was right I guess."