Part 17

I'm sorry for not updating but I finished my exams 2 days ago and now a lot of ✨adult✨ stuff is happening😀 (I'm not fine). And I'm procrastinating breaking someone's heart so I'm kinda not in the mood for love right now✌🏻😗
Anyway have fun reading this chapter. I guess I'll break more hearts with this one lol💀

~Rob's perspective~

How does this keep happening? I woke up and happily snuggled closer, until I remembered what happened last night. I remember him trying to sing and it sounding terrible, but it still warmed my heart. The way he pulled me closer... The way he smiled when he heard me sing... The way he kissed me... I don't think that was to get me into bed, right? He was so happy when I got there, completely oblivious to the many TikTok edits that had been made, the fan art lighting up again, forgotten fan fiction being updated again...

And then she came in, and he just lied in her face. He was stone cold against the mother of his children. How could he lie to such a nice person? How did he have enough strength to break someone's heart? 

I remember how she was when she had invited Sjoerd and me to come over for dinner. I just started in the Chamber and became good friends with Jesse. The four of us sat in the living room, my hand on Sjoerd's knee, his arm around her, the kids playing in the background. She talked about everything Jesse did when he got home, and how nervous he was for speeches he gave, about how much she liked my speeches and how adorable Sjoerd and I were. I complimented her on her beautiful house, her amazing clothes and her well-behaved children. The normal stuff. 

Eventually she got up and put the kids to bed, Sjoerd went to the toilet and Jesse and I were left alone. We laughed at some stupid joke I can't remember. So where did that laughter go? When Sjoerd came back in I was so excited to tell him about the joke, to see him laugh, but right now I can only think about how Jesse's eyes lit up. How did I not see he liked me?

And now that beautiful heart that invited me into her house with nothing but love had been shattered to pieces by the man my head is lying on. And why? Because of me. 'You were the reason for my divorce, Rob.'. I heard him lie to her, I knew it hurt her and I still ended up in the same bed as him. How does it keep happening?

I look up at him again. His face is so calm, the slightest hint of a smile on his lips. How could that face cause harm? I've seen it frustrated, I've seen it smiling, I've even seen it crying, but would I see it trying to hurt me?

And yet, with all this fear building inside me, I'm still lying in his arms, my heart racing while I think about him. "You have a beautiful singing voice." "Newsflash: I'm not sleeping with Rob!" Words said only mere seconds apart, their impact so different. But he's convinced they were both said out of love. I feel like he's not telling me something. How could he not see how different the impact of his words was?

BEEP BEEP BEEP-

I feel him jerk awake. His hand leaves my arm to hit the alarm. It comes back to pull me closer than before. I can't help but snuggle closer, wanting to feel his skin on mine, even if it's the last time.

"Mmm goodmorning..."

"Morning."

He burries his face in my hair.

"Mmmm you smell so nice."

I smile into his chest.

"If that isn't too weird."

I chuckle, I can't help it.

"No, it's fine."

"Good, cause it's true."