Surprise (11)

Alex

I could tell in the way he voiced his feelings to me. I knew he wanted to be in a relationship with me, but I don't know. It scared me, the fact of me getting betrayed in hurt replays in my mind. He was a loving and caring person that I would love to be with. I knew he wasn't going to back down, I could see the determination in his eyes.

No matter how hard I try to build my walls back up, he just barges in and breaks them with ease. I watched the nervous and adorable looking boy in front of me as he got himself ready to ask me out. Like always, I could never hurt someone emotionally. I said yes, however there was no regret laced in my voice, which surprised me.

Before my mind could catch up, I peck him on the lips smiling at my choice of letting him be the one to break my walls down. I stared into the depths of his blue eyes as they played love and care in them, just like everytime I'm with him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked towards his car.

As he drove, I could feel his gaze on my back. I could just imagine him smiling and shaking his head at the brave choice he did. His happiness was my happiness, I hope. A smile played its way onto my lips. God! Whenever he smiles its contagious.

I finally looked back from the window to face Chris as he jerked his head straight to the road. Who did he think he was kidding? I already caught it, but it was cute watching him try to mask it. My smile turned into a frown in a split second.

He sensed my foul emotion and tensed up. "Why did you ask me out?" He stared blankly at the road. It was probably for me. I know what he's thinking 'Is she serious or what because that was the dumbest question I've ever heard in my eighteen years'. I rolled my eyes and he seemed to relax.

"Because you make my life adventurous, you're cool in every which way, you make me feel like a love strucked idiot, and the most importantly, you're brave." He grinned at compliments he sent my way. His grin grew wider after he finish each of them. I was frozen, he had an effect on me. A very good one.

Tears pricked my eyes as I laughed with joy. He glanced my way and saw tears falling down each cheek. "Baby, are you okay? Did I say something wrong? If I did anything to hurt you, you can punch me if you'd like."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Well, nothing's wrong. I'm just so... happy. Its the first in seventeen years." I laughed without any humor feeling pity for myself. Snap out of it Alex, this is not a pity party! I wiped the tears with the back of my hand. "I've never felt so happy in my entire life. You just proclaimed how you felt for me and it was genuine. It gave me a warm tingly feeling. But, since you promised, if you ever hurt me, don't expect me to hold back."

He laughed at my threat and grabbed my small one into his big one. It felt like his hand was made for me, my missing piece in the puzzle. I looked at our intertwined fingers and smiled. I feel like if I smile too much it will end up stuck. His thumb rubbed my back hand in a comforting way.

I knew it. Walls are completely crumbled and destroyed, I've fell hard for him, harder than how I fell fow Dylan. I think I just face planted into the road of love.

*Two weeks later*

I became comfortable with living in the guest room at his house. It was my second home. I loved waking up next to Chris while he was still sound asleep looking more adorable than ever. We were still dating, and he treated me with care. Maybe he's the one. I smiled at the thought as I pressed a kiss against his forehead and unwillingly got ready for school.

I walked into the cafeteria eagered to see Chris. I couldn't be seperated for him, my heart yearned for him. I know, I know, what happened to being slow and trust issues? Well, forget about rules, I'm all about risk and this is one risk I'm willing to take.