The Date Is Ruined (20)

Alex

The whole school day continued with our reunion. It didn't take long until school was over and we had to head home.

On my way to the car parking lot, I bumped into none other than Eric.

"Sorry." He muttered dragging the word. He rubbed his neck awkwardly then took off without saying bye.

Wow. Way to be subtle Eric.

Chris popped up behind me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist kissing my cheek.

I lean back into his chest as we walk towards my car in the exact same position.

He lets go of me making my body shiver from the lost of warmth. And just like this morning, our fingers were intertwined and placed over the console.

No matter how many times we've done it before, the smile caused by the action never fades.

I was so caught up in the simple gesture that I didn't realize we were at the door of my house.

I let go and reach for the handle, but Chris' deep and husky voice stopped me.

"Wait." He nearly shouted. I let go of the handle and sit back against the seat. He starts to runs his hands through his hair and begins fidgeting his hands. All signs of...nervousness?

"I was thinking," He continued snapping me out of my trance. "that we could finally go on a date. You told me you love ice skating so I searched it up and finally found one even though it's May." He chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled widely making his shoulders relax, but he was still tense awaiting my answer. "Sure why not. When and what time is our first official date?"

His whole body slumps back into the seat as he lets out a breath. "Tomorrow morning which is Saturday. Get ready before 10 a.m."

He smiles brightly. A smile that could make any girls' knees go weak, especially me.

"Okay so tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I'm coo-wait what?! Freaking 10 o' clock in the morning!" I practically screech.

He sighs and sits up straight. "Look if you don't want to go we don't have to. It was just a suggestion." He grinned even though his face expression dropped. Oh shit.

"No, no. It's not like that. It's just that it's the weekend sand you know how much I love sleeping in till noon. But, since we've both been waiting for forever for this date we might as well go." I smiled at his eager face, but he soon rearranges it into a cool and calm expression. I chuckle at his failed attempt.

He pecks my cheek, and when he pulls back we both reach for the handle and walk out towards the entrance.

We walk hand in hand through the door and up the stairs, but separated to go to our rooms.

"Bye Chris." I crack the door open a little as I lean my head forward to see his face.

"Bye Alex, see you tomorrow for our date." He winks at me causing all the air in my lungs to cease.

Well tomorrow is going to be a long day.

~~~~

I wake up to the sound of the alarm I set up so I won't be late for our date.

Wait...knocking on the door isn't the sound I assigned as my alarm.

"Alex are you ready. Wait scratch that, are you awake yet it's already 10:05. We're five minutes late." He states from behind the closed door.

Shit. Come on, who sleeps through a blaring alarm clock? Never mind don't answer that considering how I just did that.

I quickly jump out of my bed. My bare feet touched the cold marble floor making me bounce around in an attempt to not touch the cold ground as much as possible.

I walk over to the bathroom and get ready for our date. I quickly rummage through my walk-in closet in search for appropriate clothing.

I decide on a white sweater, black jeans, and black vans.

I check the time only to find out that it took me only three minutes to get ready. Wow, people really are productive when they're pressured.

I rush at the door smiling sheepishly at him. He looks my way astonished by how quick I was then chuckles. He grabs my hand dragging me down the stairs and out the door.

The skating rink wasn't that far, it took about ten minutes to get there. We walk into the entrance and to the ice rink.

We both brought our own skates because we're such a germaphobe. No, like seriously we don't know what had been in those rented skates.

I shuddered in disgust and trudged my way to a bench. Slipping out of my vans I put on my skates while Chris does the same on the other end.

We get up and slowly walk onto the ice. Like a professional I am, I do little spins off the ground, and when I hit the ice, I stick one leg up in the air. My legs in a 90 degree angle.

On the tip of my blades, I do those super fast twirls they do on tv. I pull myself to a stop when Chris is just standing there staring at me in awe. I feel the blood flow up my neck and land on my cheeks. Cool beans, Im blushing. Hint the sarcasm.

I skate over to him taking his hand. "Why aren't you skating?" He stand frozen on the spot. Then, an idea or more like a possible reason of why he isn't skating popped in my head.

"No way! That's priceless and ironic. You took me to a skating rink when you don't know how to skate yourself." I say while holding my sides as I laugh.

"Shut up." He mumbles as a tinge of pink forms on his cheeks.

"Okay lover boy. Follow me." I drag him behind me teaching him how to skate.

I laugh when he trips or falls a couple of times. After a few minutes, he can skate on his own.

"That wasn't so bad." I say mocking his inability to skate.

"Oh be quiet and just skate." His voice rings throughout the room.

At the corner of my eye I spot my "mother" or what I like to call "it" approaches me.

I scurry behind Chris hugging him from behind trying to cover my discomfort.

He chuckles as he places his hands over mine. I look up at him only to find him staring down on me.

I reach up and peck him on the lips making sure to keep my balance or I'll suffer embarrassment.

Before it could reach me, I found another figure approach me.

"Alex?" The familiar husky voice asking me for confirmation.

I skate to Chris' side as he wraps an arm around my waist pecking my cheek.

With an icy cold monotone voice, I spit out the name I never wanted to say for the rest of my life.

"Evan."