Congrats and Baby Shower (24)

Alex

Morning hit me like a car. I couldn't get up thanks to Chris' arm wrapped around my waist. I tried lifting it up, but that didn't work. I tried nudging him a little to wake him up, but that also didn't work. So, I did what every same woman would do. I brought up my leg and kicked him off satisfied when I heard a thump.

He groaned and sat up rubbing his head. He looked around the room for the culprit with squinted eyes still not fully awake. After his eyes adjusted, he spotted me and threw daggers my way.

I stood up slowly and carefully so that the little monster inside would be happy. And like every other time, it kicked making me grunt and hold onto the bed post. Chris came running to my side and held me up by wrapping an arm around my waist.

He smiled down at me and I smiled a thanks unable to speak because of the pain. His smile drops and looks down at my belly. He crouched down and lays his palm down on it.

"What did I tell you about treating your mother?" He reprimanded as the smile graced my lips and it couldn't leave. It has only been a day since we found out and he already loves my baby.

He stands back up after the kicking stopped, and pecks me on my lips. It is Monday morning and I really don't feel like getting up extra early for school. The first thing I am going to do when I get there is telling Faye and Layla. I want to start their day off with a smile.

"I have to get dressed and so do you." I tell Chris while he just shrugs and sits back down onto the bed.

"I don't mind." He replies eyeing me up and down. I nonchantly shrug and strip right in front of him. I don't really care because he's seen me naked plenty of times. The only thing I'm worried about is that if he can control himself.

"I didn't know you had tattoos. Three of them in fact. But, you're not legal." He states in awe.

"This is your first time seeing them? After all those times of fun?" He nods his head making me gape at him. I put my shirt on and pull on a pair of jeans.

"I mean, I've only seen one, which is the one on your arm." He says as he points at my arm revealing a tattoo that says HOPE and under it has hold on pain ends in cursive.

"Yeah I have three, and I am legal. My birthday was a two days ago on our date so I guess it was the best birthday I had except for the unexpected guess." I reply which makes him stare at me with wide eyes.

"And you didn't tell me?!!" He yells not in anger but in surprise. I nod making him let out a breath and pout. "I'm making it up to you." He speaks with determination.

"You really don't have to. The date was good enough for my expectations." I wave off only making his determination grow.

"Yeah good enough. I need it to be more than good enough. I need it to be great. I need it to satisfy you."

"You did. The date was amazing. It was the time where I smiled the most. All because of you." I smile and walk over to him wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Fine." He grumbles and I reach up to peck his lips.

"Get ready." I pat his cheek and walk out to wash my face and brush my teeth and hair skipping the morning shower. I walk downstairs and start cooking breakfast.

He walks down a few minutes later and start snatching the bacon off the plate. I scowl at him and pout.

"Hey. I didn't even get to eat and I just placed them there." I scold him while he just grins and place a kiss on my cheek.

"It's delicious babe." He says ignoring what I just said. After I'm finished, we start eating and I finish in the shortest amount of time possible. Chris looks at me with a weird expression.

"Hey, I'm not fat, I'm feeding for two." I say while raising two fingers making him chuckle. "I really don't see what's so funny." I cross my arms over my chest and slide down a little.

"Oh. Everything is funny. Just the situation itself is funny." He chuckles again earning a hit on the back of his head from me. But him being him he chuckles yet again.

"You're so weird." And with that I stand up and wait in the car. He comes up to the car and sits in the driver's seat. He leans over and pecks my cheek. He leans back in his chair and starts driving.

We arrive in school just in time for homeroom. I walk to my locker and grab all the books I need for the class but don't need in real life.

I spot Faye and Layla in seconds. I look up at Chris for confirmation to tell them and he nods. I run over to them and sit in between them splitting their conversation apart.

They scowl at me while I beam with happiness. They seem to recognize it because they have confused faces.

"Alex is happy. What's wrong with her?" Faye whispers earning a punch in the arm. She rubs her arm up and down trying to soothe the pain.

"Haha very funny Faye. Anyways, I need to tell you guys something." I say excitedly that even I didn't notice who I am.

"That really hurt you know." Faye pouts making Layla and I roll our eyes.

"I'm sure it didn't hurt that bad. Just keep talking Alex." Layla says ignoring Faye's arguments.

"Hey! You never got punched by Alex before. You don't know how hard it is." She shouts playfully with a tiny hint of seriousness.

"Good point, but that's your fault not mine. Like I was saying, I have something really important to say. I'm pregnant." They didn't process what I said because they are lost in memory lane.

"Oh I do remember that. Old good memories. That's when I learned not to mess with Alex." Layla says and Faye nods her head in agreement.

"Oh what were you saying?" I had the urge to face palm myself and hit both of them.

"I said I'm pregnant." They nod their heads not processing it. Their mouths part and eyes widen when it processes through their mind.

"OMG!!" They screech in unison. Huh? Is that how I sound like when I do it. Their screeches almost made me deaf making me have to ring my ear out.

"Sorry." They both sheepishly apologize. I wave it off and laugh.

"So...I'm guessing it's Chris'? Layla says wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I playfully slap her arm while laughing.

"Oh my god! It totally is." Faye adds in smiling brightly. Chris walks over and wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"So, I guessed you told them." He asks or more like state. I nod as my response.

"You're only eighteen Alex. Are you sure you're ready?" Faye asks concerned. I shake my head in response.

"I'm not. It was an accident. But, I'm going to keep my baby. It has the right of parents." I reply and Faye nods in understanding.

"Oh whatever enough with this seriousness. Congrats Chris and Alex. You know what this calls for. BABY SHOWER." Layla yells eager to have a party.

Dear lord help me.

****

A/N: I've paid all my dues meaning I no longer owe you guys any chapters from my stalling. Hip hip hooray!!! Six more chapters until my first baby/story is over. I'm officially doing a countdown. Peace :)