He's Mine (18)

Alex

I couldn't breathe as my chest began tightening. I tried to steady my breathing from its erratic state to an even one. But it didn't work. Nothing ever works for me!

Tears began to sting at the back of my eyes. I wanted to run. Just run away from all the lies, hurt, and suffering I felt for the past seventeen years of my life.

This time of my life was perfect. I actually had people that loved me and I loved them. But like they say 'what goes around comes back around'.

I tried taking a step back, but I was frozen in place. My so called mother stood there in concern and worry when she should've been doing that since the day I was born.

But no. I was the abomination in her life. The gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe. I was the unwanted.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs as I cried my eyes out. But my self conscious knew better.

'Calm yourself down and think Alex. Why the hell do you want to cry for someone that threw you away?'

'I don't know'

'Exactly. You are the scuff on her brand new Jordans. She left you and let you believe she was dead all those years.'

I would've laugh at the comparison knowing that a mother would most likely not have brand new Jordans if it wasn't for my situation.

'B-But she's my mom.'

'By blood.'

I sighed. My self conscious was right. So, I held myself together as I let out a stream of calming breaths.

"No. You're not my mother. Never was, and never will be." I said it with so much hurt and disgust. "You're acting like all you had to do was prance your way back into my life and be considered my mom again. Well think again mother." I spit it out of my mouth like it was poison. My voice so deadly and cold that she winced.

I turned around and left to class, but she grabbed my wrist. I turned around and sent her an icy glare.

"Don't touch me. You didn't even want to hold me when you had the chance so why start now?" I hissed with so much anger.

"Oh my sweet baby girl. Please stay and let me explain."

"Your sweet baby girl? YOUR SWEET BABY GIRL?!! I may have been popped out of your vagina but I'm not your sweet anything! I'm not going to listen to your excuses. Excuses are for the weak." I yelled at her with pure hatred.

She looked offended by my comment because her face was in an instant scowl.

"Take that back." She demanded me in a motherly tone. But it doesn't work on me for I had never had a mother.

"Why? Because it's true?" I knew I was pushing my limits. But heck! She deserved it.

And with that her anger boiled over and she raised a palm in the air as the sound of a smack echoed in the halls.

A stinging came from my right cheek, but I had felt worse. As soon as it had happened, she had a look of regret.

I scoffed and walked away without forgetting the 'fucking bitch' mumble under my breath thing.

I charged my way into my class wishing that Chris was there. We had barely been going out for a hour now, but he was the only person that could cheer me up.

Someone better not be pushing their limits with me, or I'll rip their face off.

I took a seat at the back and saw Emma sitting next to me with a concerned look.