chapter 2

Geetha's pov :

I laid on my bed reminiscing all the happenings of the past few days.

When Sadhvi called me and said that she is going to marry...I was shocked but nevertheless I was happy for her. She called me again and said that her in law's visited them. Jeeju is our senior and Priya she is his sister. I already know her as she came to our dorm room once. Although Sadhvi was all praises about her in-laws I am worried a lot about her.
She is innocent...and can be easily deceived. I don't want her to suffer anymore in future than she already did.
I wanted to meet her in-laws and check if they are genuine or not. So when Sadhvi asked me to accompany for her wedding shopping without thinking twice I agreed to go with her.

I cut the all happilyas know I can rest assured...but it think God has other plans.
I went to Amma and said
"Amma...I want to go out tomorrow." She didn't even let me complete my sentence as she said
"No need tomorrow your father's sister is visiting us. She will be upset if she knows you are out when you already know she is coming home."

I sighed as I know its of no use...I had to obey my mom.
Oh I haven't said about my aunty right??
Her name is Vanitha. And she is so strict and always preaches things wherever she goes.

Disappointingly I came back to my room and laid on my bed to sleep as I know there is nothing I can do.

Next day when all the family were in living room waiting for the entry of my dearest Vanitha aunty she graced us with her presence.

' she don't even have time sense...' I thought to myself as she said she will come here at 11 and now the time is 1:30 in the afternoon.
But everyone are too oblivious of the fact as they were smiling and showering her with the questions of her wellbeing. Even my father who didn't asked me how I am when I came back home after nearly six months is asking his sister about her wellbeing.
I felt a tinge of pain but I shrugged it off as I cannot afford to think about all thepain they cause me knowingly or unknowingly because I would be the one suffering at the end of the day.

Vanitha aunty was smiling the whole time answering all the questions...she looked at me and gave a smile which I returned .

"I heard you were going out today??" She questioned me.
Hell!! Who passed the information....I thought.

I simply nodded as I don't want to disrespect her.

"Can I know where were you going?? It's ok to not say if I am invading your privacy." She said sweetly.

My Father looked at me with frowned brows silently questioning thesething my aunt asked me. I know he want to know if I am doing something bad.
According to them loving or being in relationship with any guy is the most baddest thing we could ever do.

I sighed as they could never trust her enough...
"My friend Sadhvi...it's her marriage in two days. She asked me to accompany her in shopping. I was going there." I said rather unwillingly.

Eventhough the tensed environment which was before was now dissolved...I just hope Vanitha aunty doesn't make anymore trouble for me I thought to myself.
I don't know if she intentionally want me to land in trouble or what but whenever she visits she makes sure she will do something that will make my parents lecture me about how I should behave or I should not do 'bad things'
I sick of that drama already...

I know that loving someone is not a bad thing...I am more mature than thinking like that. It's not like I am doing a crime. But they will never understand.

Suddenly Vanitha aunty started saying
"Anna(brother) Geetha is already 20 now why don't we marry her off. I think even her friend is younger than Geetha. See now even she is marrying. It's better to marry her off now than later regretting that she is in love with someother guy."

I almost chocked on my saliva when I heard this.
What have I ever done to her?? Why she keeps targeting me?
I looked at Dad...he is looking like he is considering what aunty said.
No...I can't bear it.
So I said
"Dad...you know right I don't love anyone. I have already promised you that I will only marry the guy you choose. Please atleast wait untill I graduate." My eyes were pleading him to listen my pleas.

"But Anna...untill then she will be 23. It will be very late. You know right I am married when I was 15??" She said making me grit my teeth.
I so wanted yoshout and say that
'it was when in your generation. 23 is already early for marriage...now she is literally taking away my peace of mind.'

I just hope Dad will not agree with his dearest sister.
I held my breath waiting for dad's response.
"Ok...I have already said that she will be marrying in after her MBBS. Now I don't want that discussion again." He said sternly....
It brought a smile on my face immediately.
I know I may look like a fool to you guys for smiling when my dad just said he will marry me off in two years...but I am thankful for that.
As normally in our family most of the girls are married when they are married at 21 only.
But I had a deal with dad and I praised myself for doing that.

Soon it was evening and my sisters were talking with aunty as they both are her favourites.
I ignored them and went to my room as I suddenly remembered about Sadhvi...
I didn't messaged her about the whole thing so I sent few texts saying relatives visited so I couldn't come.
I started reading a novel in wattpad.
This is my pass of time other than watching webseries.
I wonder how I met people who had similar likings...even my friends watch webseries dramas or read novels in wattpad.

I just want to go back to college I thought.

Anyways tomorrow will be Sadhvi's marriage...so I promised her I will be there at her home early in the morning.
I should just go to dad and ask permission when Vanitha aunty is not beside him. It will definitely work. I thought to myself.
Soon it was time to dinner...we all are together sitting on the floor as we don't have any dining table in our home. Even if it is there it won't be sufficient for us...not that we could afford it.

After dinner Latha and Seetha were animatedly talking with Vanitha aunty...suddenly Seetha said
"Come aunty...I will show you my new dress." And dragged her to her room.
Good for me...I thought and went to dad.

"DAD... tomorrow is sadhvi's wedding. I want to go there early. Please don't say no." I said.
"You said it was in two days at afternoon now you are saying tomorrow?" He said raising his brows.

"No dad...actually yesterday she said it's in two days. I was confused." I said hoping he won't refuse me.

"I will drop you. What is the time to go?" He said.
I was brimming with happiness.
I said
"May be 7 dad...it's at the temple but I want to go along withsadh I so just drop me at her home."
He nodded and resumed watching news channel.

I happily went inside my room did a happy dance mentally.

With a smile I closed my eyes to drift into sleep...but not before setting at alarm towakeup in the morning.

****
Hey guys... in next chapter our leads will meet for the first time.
Please share your views about them and don't forget to vote the chapters.
They boosts my confidence ❤️