chapter 6

Adarsh's pov :

Soon we were at the wedding venue...
As soon as he saw the bride who will be my Bhabhi in few minutes he smirked.
I raised my brows  questioningly.
He just shook his head...I shrugged my shoulders and sat on one of the chairs looking all the rituals.

After sometime all the rituals were completed and the priest declared them as husband and wife. They both were standing on the Mandap and relatives were going there in a queue and giving their blessings.
As many were there I waited for sometime and then went near them.
I hugged my brother and wished him a happy married life. And shakes hands with my Bhabhi.
I introduced myself to her...she looks fine. She isn't like snobbish or attitude girl.
After few minutes I excused myself from there.

I was just roaming around and observing the new place.
Suddenly a petite body bumped into me...eventhough I stumbled back a little I maintained my balance and back in my feet....but the other person was about to fall of the ground. Instinctively I held her waist...she is so soft...

I looked at the angelic face she had

She looks frightened by the whole scenario....she had her eyes closed.
Her plumy lips were trembling slightly.
My heart beat fastened looking at her...
She was in the yellow saree...with her traditional look she is making my heart thump so hard and fast.
Her cute nose cruncked making her look even cute.
I was just admiring the beauty in my arms...I wanted time to stop now...at this moment till the eternity.
I didn't wanted to leave her...not yet.

But she opened her eyes and her eyes widened...may be looking me so close to her.
She stilled in my arms in shock but after that she moved back a step.
I didn't utter a word...I was just looking at her.
Even she was doing the same.
I groaned when I heard mobile ringtone disturbing us...as she her eyes widened looking at the caller ID.
I so wanted to look at the person who is calling  her.
Is he her boyfriend??? I was curious...
But she ran away from there was is she is running a marathon.
And I was standing in the same place looking at her running far...disappearing from my sight.

Suddenly realization dawned upon me.

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DID????

HOW CAN I THINK ALL THESE FOR AN UNKNOWN GIRL...WHO IS JUST A STRANGER??

ADARSH SHUT THE HELL UP AND CO BACK ON THE TRACK.
THESE RELATIONSHIPS AND SHIT ARE NOT FOR YOU. YOU ALREADY SAW HOW THEY DESTROYS YOU. BETTER STAY AWAY FROM THEM RATHER REGREETINV OVER SPILLED MILK.

My subconscious mock yelled at me.
I was disturbed...mentally.
This was the first time I have ever admired a girl. And I do t want that.
I don't want to like a girl...never in my life.
I don't hate them...but just don't like them too. It was always like this and I don't want to change it now.
I have reasons for this.
I have already suffered enough to again go through this.

I have already planned my whole life.
I just want to become a good gastroenterologist and settle in some other town. I have had enough staying here. Even though I may miss my buddy,my bro Sid I will manage. I will make my life there.
I just have to study well.
I am good at studies...it's not bragging. Eventhough I play games and all I never neglect my studies.

I was drowned in all my thoughts that I didn't realize till Priya came to me and said
"Where are you so lost Anna?? We are going home."

I just nodded my head and followed her sat beside her in the car.
.
.
.
After long journey we were at home. I mean Sid's home.
I don't know if I could ever get to call a place my home. Because it is never there for me.
It was just a place I get to stay...not a home filled with love.

I looked at Aunty who was showering love for Sid and Bhabhi...
My eyes watered a bit. I took deep breath as I controlled my tears.

I left them as I came to the guest room and collapsed on the bed.
I so wanted to cry...
I wanted to curse god for making me like this...
Why am I feeling envy of my brother??
I don't want to be like this. I want to be happy for him...atleast he has a family.

I am disgusted with myself for being like this...always craving for the love when I very much know that it's not going to possible.
Only thing which is keeping me sane is Sid...his care for me.
I just closed my eyes as my head was throbbing in pain.
I didn't even knew when I slept.
.
.
.suddenly a knock on my door disturbed my slumber.
It was aunty...she was tears in her eyes..her hair dishelved.
"Why are you crying aunty??? What happened??" I almost shouted in worry.

She is the mother figure in my not so 'Happy life'. Seeing her broken like this ...made me sad.

"Mom...I think she is no more." She almost whispered the last word.

I was now alert as I ran inside grandma's room.

All the medical equipment were still connected her to her. But the ECG was showing flatlined.
I hurriedly climbed the bed as I placed my hands on her chest and put most of my weight as I pushed my hands.
I did the cardiapulmonary resuscitation... And looked at the ECG again. Still it was the same. I did for few more times...
I was now losing hope.
"Aunty...did you call an ambulance??please hurry aunty." I said exhaustedly... while breathing heavily.
She placed her palm on my arm stopping me from doing CPR.
"We already expected this beta...but no so soon. I didn't know when her heart stopped beating. I came her 5 minutes back. She left us..." She said...by the end of saying the last sentence she was crying.
I hugged her and said
"Sorry aunty...sorry...we couldn't save grandma.please don't cry."
She was still sobbing. I parted away and looked at grandma once more as I came out of the room.
I directly went to Uncle's room and informed the bad news for him. He looked heartbroken. Who won't if their family member dies??

Even me...and outsider is feeling sad seeing grandma's lifeless body.
Soon all were awake...uncle was calling relatives informing news to them.as tomorrow would be funeral.

I went near Sid...who was looking at Grandma without any emotions displaying on his face.
"Sid...please don't be sad. Grandma always wants you to be happy." I said.
He just nodded as a tear slipped from his eyes...

'Sid is the most important person for me.I just hope he stays happy...I don't like him to be sad. I hope uncle and aunty will soon overcome this grief and sorrow.'
I thought.

Soon I helped them in making arrangements with few others...as I know uncle and Sid are now not in the state where they could manage both.
.
.
.
.
.
Soon the funeral was held ....many came and gave their condolences for Sid's family.

I got a message from Ravi that tomorrow is the last day for the submission.
Thankfully he wrote ours too..but we need to be present during submission.

Sid said we will leave tomorrow.

So I picked up my bag as came out of his home and went to my house.
It was still dark...
So no one came...I wondered as I entered my bedroom.
I placed all my clothes back...
I was so tired...as I did not slept yesterday and the day before we were busy in wedding preparations.
I was not in the mood to go back so I just slept there...drifting into the Dreamland.

****
Hey guys...I know you may not like this chapter...
I will try my best to write new chapter entertaining. Please keep supporting me.

Vote.comment.Share