chapter 21

Adarsh's pov :

After Sid made me realize that I should not hide the feelings I have, for the first time in my life I wanted to take chances.

I should try...before shutting myself off because of the hurt a relationship can cause us.

May be Geetha likes me...I can be happy with her.

We both will be happy...I hope god bless with all the happiness.

I was in my thoughts when she came and sat opposite me. She lowered her head looking at the floor so interestedly.

I wonder what's in that floor that's absent in me, she should be only interested in me.

' Gosh!! Adi now don't be jealous of a damn restaurant floor!!!!' my mind chided me.

I came out of my trance as we all ordered the food.
The lunch was uneventful...with almost no conversations.
I was constantly looking at Geetha and she never raised her head.

Honestly I am just bearing ' I am confident' sheild on me when I am very nervous.

My sweaty palms which I trying to hide from all  are the proof for that.

Soon we came out of the mall...I am still trying to strive a conversation with Geetha in which wasn't fruitful.

I was a bit disappointed but then I thought I would ask her out the first when she comes back to college.
I may not be a perfect person but I will try to become one. I will assure her that I will never leave her and take care of her all the times.

Suddenly Sid asked me to drop Geetha at her home.
I was on the clouds...finally the time arrived, I thought.

Geetha looked like she wanted to cry...but why???

Isn't she happy with me? I mean I thought she liked me.

All the possibilities are drawn to that conclusion only.
One- Sid said she likes me
Two-She stalking me on social media.
Three and most important one - she never rejected the kiss , she accepted me kissing her.
I don't think girls would allow any boy who don't like to kiss.

She quitely went and sat in the passenger seat.

I ignited the car and reversed the car, I looked at her .
Even she looked questioningly at me.

" Direction..." I trailed of.

She attentively looked at the road pointing towards the right direction.

I followed the way she showed...I don't know how she is feeling about this, but I am loving this so much.

I am already thinking of all the things I could do with her...we will go for the camping at nearby mountain.
Normally I used to go go alone and my friends find in boring , but now I have her to accompany me.

We can even go for a vacation after my exams...we can chill at all the places she wishes.

" There...the last house with all the trees covering it, it my house." She said.

" You can drop me here...it will be difficult to reverse your car there as the road ahead is a bit narrow." She said I pressed the break suddenly listening to this that she almost banged her head to the dashboard.

Thanks to my reflexes I put my palm to protect her before she could do that.

" Thanks..." She muttered.
And unlocked the door leaving me alone in the car.

'Shit!! I forgot to ask her out.' I thought as I got out of the car.
' you wouldn't if you were in this goddamn world not roaming in your dreams' my mind mocked me which I ignored.

" Geetha!!" I shouted as I ran to catch up her.

She looked so startled...maybe be she was shocked as I am trying to talk to her I thought.

" Hey!! Let's have a good convo???" I asked.

She looked around and I looked in the direction she is looking anxiously which is her home.

" No, not today." She said.

" Wait...I wanted to talk to you. So badly..." I said barely hiding the desperation held in my voice but she again said
" I said not now." Firmly with a frown adorned on her forehead.

Which made me frown too.

" Ok...let's meet up after you are back to college. For now give me your mobile." I asked her.

" Why??" She asked confusedly handing me her phone somewhat hesitantly.

" We can text sometimes." I said as I entered my mobile number and gave it a ring, my mobile buzzed so I cut the call returning her mobile back.

" Ok bye..." She said like she wanted to run away badly.
I didn't like this attitude but I ignored it, my lips pursed in a thin line.

" Ok see you later." I said as I hugged her lightly and pecked her cheek as a goodbye.

Her eyes widened, I laughed looking at her adorable expression.

She pushed me slightly and ran in the direction of her home.

I chuckled as I climbed back into car and started the journey to Hyderabad.

After long journey I was back in the Pg rooms.

Ravi and Rishi were sleeping like logs, it was only 7 so I plugged my earphones and started watching 'The Tomorrow War' which recently released in Amazon prime.
It was a time travel movie...and was quite nice as I enjoyed watching it.
A treat for a Sci-Fi lovers.

After that I had my dinner dozing off to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next few day I woke up early as I have an early morning shift which extended all the way till 7 in the night.

I dressed in a t-shirt and trousers with an overcoat to protect my self from the chilling weather.
Anyways I will be with my scrubs on the whole day, so no need to dress up keenly.
We will be busy with work with no time to eat and rest.

Sid took leave and there wasn't sufficient staff so I had to take up his work too.

Not that I am complaining...I can gladly help him out but it's truly very tiring.

All day I was running the tests of the patients...running from labs to ER and then wards and then to my superiors and then back to patients explaining them about their conditions telling them to not worry they would be fine in few days , not forgetting the fake smile I had to adorn on my lips for the politeness when inside I was at the verge of collapsing on my bed and have a wonderful nap.

But all this worth it when we can save the patients , their happy smiles are like gifts to us. For that I don't mind tiring myself out.

Thankfully there weren't much patients in the evening so I left on time having a quick shower and changing back to my casual clothes.

I ate in the canteen back at hospital and reached my room directly sleeping on it.

' Shit I haven't texted Geetha!!!' I thought...

But then again, now I am so tired I will text her tomorrow.
With these thoughts I slipped into deep sleep which I craved the whole day.

***

Short chapter???

I know!!!
I am extremely sorry to say this but I am taking a short break from wattpad , so I may not update for a month as I have my final exams around the corner and I have bunches of books to read for it.So that defines this short break from me...hope you aren't disappointed and continue cheering me as you usually do.
I will update daily after my exams which may end mid August. So I hope you guys will wait for me patiently ❤️

Wish me luck guys!!!!