chapter 48

Geetha's pov :

When I heard everything mom just said and processed it....my mind was a mess.

It kept on repeating the same sentence again and again.

'Adi loves me....he still loves me even if he isn't saying that out.
He just think I don't love him.
But that bloody idiotic husband of mine doesn't know that his wife loves him more than anything in this world.'

But I felt really bad for what he went through in his life.

It's really difficult to have no emotional support in such a young age and to add more shit to that those brainless brats bullied him for the no fault of him.

I swear if I see those guys who tortured my hubby , I will skin them alive.

Hmph....
And coming to my hubby...

I agree I was a coward in the past becasue of the family issues I had back then.

But now no one can even question me.
He is mine...legally and spiritually too.

I will never fail to profess my love

I don't deny that a part of me still fears that 'What if he really doesn't love me and it's just mom's imagination or misunderstanding that he loves me??'

I shook my head to remove these thoughts from my head.

Now I need to think positively. These negative thoughts....I shouldn't let them wander around me.

I thought as I went to sleep peacefully with a content smile on my face for the first time after my marriage.
Because everyday...when I come to this room , it keeps reminding me the fact that I am married...and my husband left me, I am all alone in this room which may continue for god knows how many years.

But now it is giving me jittering feelings when I wonder we...me and adi can be a normal couple if I clear the misunderstanding.
And I will definitely woo him and make him my husband forever and ever until the eternity.

I slept hoping for a better future.....together with him as my everything.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day I woke up listening to the alarm clock.
It was already 7.
Shut I should go to hospital by 8.
So I rushed inside washroom did my morning chores, showered and got dressed in a black kurthi with netted sleeves upto my elbows, which used to be my favourite one.
It was mom's gift.
Eventhough it wasn't as expensive as the other things she brought....it still is my favourite one.

After getting ready I looked at myself in the mirror only to gasp a little.

This dress.....
Is is looking to tight fitting????

But it wasn't like this before.
I mean I have wore it before too...ok only once that too six months back.
But did I grew fat in just six months after getting married.

I think it's true a girl puts on weight after marriage.
Because it happened with me...

Like hell!!!!
My friends used to envy me.
They turn into green monsters whenever they see me fit correctly into my old dresses when they had to buy new ones.

Even I used to boast infront of them that I will be thin forever...but now I think the scene has changed.

You know.....no girl likes to put on weight and become fat. Same goes with me too.

Should I just change the dress....and may be I should try dieting or something...
Should I go hit the gym???

I think thhe reason behind this is my odd working hours and my binge eating I do every day off I get while watching heart touching love stories....
While sobbing if it's sad ending and sobbing even if it is happy ending...because I feel happy for them.

I should stop eating the junk until I lose some weight.

Just when I was browsing my wardrobe  to select another dress I heard mom's voice knocking on my door.

"Geetha...are you awake?" She asked.

I opened the door to let her in.

"Come sit mom. I am just wondering to change into another dress.
I became fat...this dress is so tight right??" I asked.

She assessed me from head to toe for a minute and said
"I don't think so....it's just fitting you correctly.
And dear you don't have to change...you  are running out of time.
It's already 7:40.
Come quick...have your breakfast before you leave for the day."

I panicked a second because no one really wants to hear shouts from our professors the first thing in the day because we came late.

I grabbed my tote bag which I usually carry around and had poha...just made by mom.
I can't thank her enough because I have never seen such a supportive mother in law in my life.

I mean...she does the work which are supposedly the duties of daughter-in-law and even motivate her to move forward in her career.
I owe her so much that...I couldn't pay her back in my lifetime for her support and her decision of marrying adi with me.
Eventhough now we aren't on best terms I can't say we won't be in future because I am gonna try hard.

After a ride in car for 30 mins I was finally here...
I am late by 20 mins.
I quickly wore my apron as today I just have to check the outpatients and sneaked inside the ward making sure no one noticed me coming late.

Just when I was sitting on my chair the head of the department saw me.

I quickly prayed god that she shouldn't scold me infront of patients atleast.
But to my surprise she smiled at me and said
" Go and meet your friend. She has been waiting for you since forever."

I immediately left from there before she could backlash at me.
You could say I ran away for my dearest life.

My chest was heaving because of the running I just did.
I quickly opened the door of the room which Sadhvi was admitted and rested my back against the wall just beside the door.

"Thank god!!!" I said to myself as I tried to stabilize my breathing closing my eyes while doing that.

When I felt fine I opened my eyes only to startle so much that a shiver ran through my spine. I can literally feel it.
Is it because of the intensity of his eyes???

It was such a pleasant surprise....
Seeing Adi here , gosh I have never expected.
I mean if he wanted to ignore me he wouldn't come here right?
May be he will come a bit closer to me. I thought.
I can still feel his eyes on me.
And even Sadhvi was looking at me teasingly.
'This girl never leaves a chance to tease me.' I thought as I passed a small hesitant smile in Adi's direction.

I slowly walked towards Sadhvi's bed as Adi sat opposite to the bed on a couch.

"Did you call me?" I mumbled.

"Yeah...to make you meet your husband." She said loudly that I wanted to slap her face.

Does she need to say that aloud???

It's so embarrassing... because now Adi was looking at me with wide eyes...

Shit I should be having a postive image in Adi's eyes for me to woo him.
This Sadhvi is here hell bent on spoiling my image.

"Ok now that you both met...go forward and talk.
And Adarsh , she has her staff lounge where you both can talk.
Now allow my husband to come. Poor guy he is waiting out since 10 mins." She said literally throwing us out if the room.

I looked at adi who looks like be wanted to escape.

'Can I clear the things between us???' I thought as I walked towards the staff lounge.
I know he will be walking behind me but I...I don't know what's happening.

It's like a new thing. Like our first meeting.

There is apprehension in me....because the outcome of the conversation we will make may affect my whole life.
It has both positive and negative outcomes...

With a little bit of fear instilled in me I opened the door.

****
Please guys don't forget to vote