chapter 31

Geetha's pov:

I got down from the bus and saw my dad waiting across the road.

He waved in my direction....I took that as a cue and walked to that direction carrying my bagpack along with a small bag in which I kept two sets of clothes I may need for these days.
I don't want to stay here long, I have already thought about many reasons I am gonna say to my parents about m y early departure in two days.
I giggled at my own thought, I should definitely succeed in my plan otherwise  I will definitely be in trouble.

I don't really know...but I have this gut feeling that something is gonna happen.

I shook my head ignoring these wierd feelings and walked forward.
After I reached near dad I greeted him politely with a fake smile plastered on my face.

He just nodded his head in acknowledgment and asked me to get on his scooty.

I obediently sat on it.....after 15 mins journey we are almost near home.

When I saw the huge tree just infront of my house memories rushed into my brain.

This was the place where he hugged me last....
The place we both looked at eachother with love eventhough it remained uncoffessed at that time.

I laughed bitterly as I blinked my eyes trying hard to not cry.

I dobt even know what to say to my dad if he sees me crying.
Just when a tear drop fell on my cheeks I rubbed them instantly without him noticing and he stopped the scooty asked me to get off.

I held my bag in one hand and rubbed the traces of tears from my eyes when he was busy parking the vehicle.
When he turned in my direction I had a small smile on my lips indicating that I am fine and happy.

"Come lets go inside..." He said started walking towards the door.
I nodded and followed him.

As soon as we reached the living room I saw my sister's seetha and Latha watching some movie playing on the television.

They raised their heads...saw me and resumed their work.

'So much of respect for the elder sister...' I thought in mind but ignored them as I greeted my grandfather who was reading newspaper sitting just beside seetha.

He smiled sweetly at me which I reciprocated.
"Go and freshen up. And eat something you look so thin...you should do dieting and all eat well. Understand???" He said sternly.

'I didn't do any dieting...it's just the work load and I don't like the food in the private hostel I am staying in.' I wanted to say but they will again repeat the same words so I just nodded my head and marched slowly towards my room.

Looks like my mom just cleaned it.
Thankgod...if she didn't do it I would have to stay in my sister's room.
Eventhough their room is huge, I like this small room as I have enough privacy.

I placed my bag in the wardrobe which was at the corner of my room.

I heard a knock on my door when I was going to unpack, again I am gonna leave in 2 days anyway I thought to skip the unpacking and went to answer the person who knocked.
It was Amma...

"Hello Amma." I said.

She nodded and asked
"Have you eaten???"

I nodded my head no as I felt a bit hungry as I didn't have any lunch in the hurry to come here.

" Come I just cooked some snaks. Have them until dinner is ready."

I nodded my head and went to dining table .
Mom left for kitchen, after two minutes she came back with a tray full of plates.
She kept one in front of me and walked towards livingroom and gave them to other family members.