chapter 57

Geetha's pov:

Bearing the silence while my whole being is so anxious to know what he would say was making me so weak...
I can feel the tears which were brimming in my eyes while I blinnked furiously to stop myself from crying infront on them.

"Say Adarsh...say that she is lying." Dr. Divi said with hopeful eyes.

"We are nothing but colleagues..." He said making my tears fall uncontrollably.

My eyes blurred hearing this sentence of his but when he continued his speech I felt a little hope brimming in my heart.

"So please don't talk to me so casually like you are my friend Dr.Divyanjali.

And coming to your confession..."

I fisted my kurthi at the ends eagerly waiting for him to say something.

"I won't accept it. So please respect my decision." He said.

But Dr. Divi said
" Why don't you accept me..." She said it very pleadingly.

I looked at Adi anticipation filled in me to know the reason for the rejection.

She is more beautiful and more qualified tobe his partner than me even her family background is better than mine.

"As she already said...I am a  married man. And she is the one." He said.

A small and relieved smile adorned on my face even though I wanted him to describe me as his wife...but he didn't deny our marriage.
That's a great progress.
I should be happy.

But seeing Dr.Divi's horror stricken face  I felt bad for her.

May be I am the first one how is feeling bad for the other woman who is coveting her husband.

"Now please excuse us." Adi said sternly and looked at me.

His eyes were throwing hard glares in my direction.
His intense stares are bringing shivers to my spine in fear...don't misunderstand my fear is because he will beat the shit out of me or something, I know he won't do anything.
He will just stay upset at me...this will bring me more pain than the physical one.

"Get inside. Now." He whisper yelled making me snap into reality from my lost thoughts.

I gulped as I walked towards passenger seat ignoring DR.Divi.

When I buckled my seatbelt I saw her wiping her tears as she moved aside giving space for us to move the car.

I lowerred my head...

Suddenly I am feeling guilty of my deed.

Was I doing correct just now??
Or am I becoming a heartless monster?

I think I acted fast without thinking about consequences.
I should have waited and seen Adi soling this thing.

But what to do???

I was so enraged to see her holding my Adi's hand.

I was a bit immature in this but I think I will do the same thing if I get another chance because I am impulsive when I think about Adi going away from me.

I can't imagine my life now without Adi ....atleast before our marriage even with my heartbroken I hoped to live without him, forgetting him.
Now it is out of question.

He is engraved in the deepest part of my heart...which I can never erase even after using any extreme or expensive means.

I didn't realsed when we reached home until the car was stopped suddenly and I jerked forward.
Thankfully I wore my seatbelt.