chapter 43

Geetha's pov :

It all felt very surreal to me.
I can already feel the happy tears which were at the verge of bursting out but I didn't want to cry at this moment and spoil the beauty of this moment, as it would grab unnecessary attention of all and I also don't want to look like a panda with kajal spread all over my face by crying now.
It's my special day and I need to look presentable and beautiful when I look back the photo album or the video.

Now that the rituals are over , they arranged a big couch enough for us both in the middle of the stage.

We were asked to sit there and greet the guests as they come one by one and wish us good in our lives.

It was good at the start but I started feeling irritated because I didn't knew 75% of them and they were like
'Do you know me beta??? I used to visit you when you are so small. You used ti ask me for chocolates... Or so  and so .'
Even maintaining a smile constantly on my face is tough as I can feel my muscles aching.
And standing with this heavy outfit and the garlands we use for wedding are very heavy to making it even more difficult.

After standing for more than 2 hours it was finally the time for us to have food.

As today is my wedding I had to fast until I will be married.
So I didn't eat any food from morning and now I should eat along with him....he will have to feed me.

I was giggling in my own thoughts. I always saw the groom feeding his bride in every marriage now I will experience it. I thought.

When we reached the place of dining I saw as a huge table was there with food arranged on it sufficient for our whole family to have.
Soon we all sat in our chairs, adi was beside me. It's not like he could leave me as gathbandhan was done for us which we won't remove until we reach Adi's home which is now mine too.

A waiter came and then served all our plates. We waited as we all could eat together.

A frown adorned on my face as I watched adi taking a morsel of laddu on his plate forwarding it to his mouth.

' isn't he supposed to make me eat it??? Such a dumbo...' I thought.

I was a bit upset as it was not going how I thought it would be but thankfully mom yelled out his name "ADI!!!!"

He was so startled that the food fell back into his plate and he looked at mom's directing raising his brows in questioning.

"Don't you know the small thing that husband should feed his wife now.
You are so clueless...." Mom chirped at him.

He looked in all directions as he rubbed his nape.

I knew it...mom made him embarrassed infront of all of us.

He is so full of pride, now it almost became a joke as everyone heard how much of a Mama's boy he was as he took another morsel of food and forwarded towards my mouth without uttering a word.

'Obedient boy ...you better be wifey's boy too or else I will play with you by teaming up with mom.' I thought to myself.

I felt him signalling to open my mouth which I obeyed and muched on the food happily.

I was happy that I finally got to eat and also ....he fed me.

I didn't wait for someone to say the same to me as I feed him.

He hesitantly took a bite from the laddo   I am holding.
I placed back the remaining in my plate and staring eating my food without giving a shit about how wantonly I might be looking right now.

I felt a hand on me...I looked at the owner to gasp a little.
It was my Amma who was giving me glares at my direction showing me to slow down a little.