and now for something completely different

A/N: here's a picrew of Jaxx for y'all. Ain't he sweet? The face of a cherub. Anyway this is gonna be a little different, like a little intermission, this chapter is about Jaxx and Daryl's life before the apocalypse. I'm gonna do a few chapters like this so this is just pre apocalypse jaxx and daryl! Lemme know what y'all think, okay?

June 24th, 1999. Out of every day of the year, Jaxx hated September 24th. Despite his love for most holidays, Jaxx despised his birthday. It only reminded him of back home, of his family that hated his ever living guts.

"Jaxx you clock out at four, which was five minutes ago. So go home." The day shift manager Elijah ordered. Jaxx pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Why I'm literally asking for extra hours.." Jaxx whined, he usually didn't fuss about hours, but September 24th made him whine like a three year old.

"And I know why you wanna work your brain numb. Go home to your boyfriend, man." Elijah persisted, tossing jaxx his laptop bag from behind the nurse station. "Also your mom said if you're in here past five she'll come here and show me the wrath of God and boy do I believe her."

That made Jaxx smile a little, Believing his friend. Even though he despised his birthday, ma always loved them. "Yeah, sounds like my ma.. Alright I'm goin'. Thanks, Lij." Jaxx waved as he turned to leave the hospital, heading out to his 1973 Oldsmobile he lovingly nicknamed Tiffany.

As Jaxx drove home, Daryl was in a state of panic. The apartment he and Jaxx shared was still messy, the dinner he attempted to make had now burnt to a crisp, and he lost the box. How do you lose a bright green heart shaped box? Be Daryl Dixon.

"Fuck.. Shit shit shit!" He cursed as he snatched up dirty clothes lying around the small living room. "How the fuck.. Who puts their underwear on a doorknob- it's got sharks on it. Jaxx puts his underwear on the doorknob." He spoke to himself as he tossed the dirty laundry in the nearest bathroom. Murphy followed, curious as to what his cranky daddy was up to.

Sitting down and rubbing his head in frustration, Daryl felt that familiar pins and needles feeling against his skull. Murphy jumped up beside Daryl, lying down with his head in the stressed man's lap. "Hey Murph..." He mumbled, rubbing his head more to make the stinging go away.

Hearing keys jingling just outside the door, Daryl snapped up. An old habit thanks to his father and brother. "Daryl? Babe I'm home. You'll never believe what ma did- what's that smell??" Jaxx asked, closing the front door behind him and taking in the scene before him. His boyfriend standing in the middle of their half cleaned living room, the smell of burning buck stinking up their home.

"Oh wonderboy.. m 'aingeal bho shuas..." Jaxx smiled and set his bag and keys down. "I tried to uh.. To clean up and cook for ya but... Yeah." Daryl said sheepishly, his low tone sounded as if he were a child in trouble. "Honey you didn't have to do such a thing.. You hate cleaning... And cooking." Jaxx gave Daryl a loving hug, feeling the other man's tension melt in his arms.

"I know.. Wanted to surprise you.. Know your birthday aint the best but.. Can't just do nothin' for you, Clover." Daryl said, jaxx gave Daryl a kiss and held his wonderboy.

"Oh my love... Let's just head out, grab some Chinese, rent some movies.. Pick up some special brownies from michel. And have ourselves a good night, okay?" Jaxx offered, Daryl smiled at the suggestion. "That's cool..." Daryl said, his voice calming down with the rest of his body.

Three orders of sweet and sour chicken, four horror movies, and two brownies later, Jaxx and Daryl return home. "So we got bride of Chucky, night of the living dead, tales from the hood and.. What the fuck is Texas chainsaw massacre." Daryl exclaimed, jaxx laughed as he set the food down on their coffee table.

"Oh we're watching that first, in fact a couple of these characters remind me of Merle." He replied, Daryl cocked and eyebrow as he pushed the VHS tape into the player. "Really? Guess I'm intrigued now..." Daryl sat beside Jaxx, his arm around his boyfriends waist.

"Don't get into the brownies yet, wait a bit.." Daryl said, grabbing a carton of sweet and sour chicken. Jaxx leaned against his boyfriend, kissing the older man's neck. "Whatever you say wonderboy, you're the big party planner." Jaxx nuzzled against the redneck.

After the first movie, jaxx put in the second. "What is with you and this one? Dolls freak me out.." Daryl asked. Jaxx sat back and tied his hair back. "Because Tiffany is the best horror movie heroine ever and Jennifer Tilly is the only woman I'd ever get with." Jaxx's response made Daryl choke on his beer, and Jaxx laughed.

"Well damn you gonna leave me for a doll?" Daryl asked, Jaxx shook his head. "No, no, I'm just saying if I ever had the chance, I would get with Jennifer Tilly. But there will never be a chance, 'cause I got myself a handsome man." Jaxx said, crawling onto Daryl's lap. "Hmm.. think I'm handsome? What else am I since I'm so appealing to you."

Jaxx smirked, his hands laid on either side of Daryl's waist. "Well.. You're loyal. You're sweeter than Bailey's... Stubborn son of a bitch but I like that in a man.. Oh and you've got a nice cock." Jaxx grinned at his last answer, making Daryl hold him closer.

"If you say so, clover.. I got my own little list for you.. You're fuckin' amazing. You look at me and somehow.. You think I'm worth it. I can't even do house chores without screwin' up, but you just.. Come home with a smile on your face... Two years you've put up with my shit and asked for nothin' in return... Hell, remember last year? Merle was OD'd, all I did was cry.. You actually saved the son of a bitch." Daryl paused to think back, the fear he felt crawling back into his mind.

"I may hate him, the actual nazi that he is... But I couldn't stand by and watch you suffer. You weren't bitching out, Daryl. You were scared.. Fear is a valid feeling and you felt it. Merle Dixon may be the absolute scum of the earth, but Daryl Dixon doesn't deserve to watch his brother overdose on drugs.." Jaxx held Daryl's face in his hands, his eyes going over every detail on his boyfriends face.

Daryl's eyes were deep, ocean like. Full of emotion. He squinted 89% of the time to hide such deepness, but looking at Jaxx, they were open. "Those eyes have seen hell, Daryl. But every time I look in them, I see heaven." Daryl smiled and pulled Jaxx against him.

"I could say the same about you. You see an ocean, I see the woods. Endless green that's seen hellfire... But the damn trees won't light." Daryl studied Jaxx's eyes, the focused look on his face made Jaxx want to laugh.

Daryl leaned in to close the gap between them, giving Jaxx a long kiss that reeked of need. He needed Jaxx, he needed his clover. And Jaxx needed him. Jaxx kissed back, raking his hands through Daryl's hair. In between needy kisses, they took breaths of air. And with each breath Jaxx proclaimed his love for Daryl.

Pulling away to catch his breath, Daryl cupped Jaxx's cheek in his hand. "Marry me, Clover.." Daryl said. Jaxx stopped as he began to kiss Daryl's neck. "Wh-What?" He asked, Daryl smiled at Jaxx's shock.

"Marry me.. I lost the damn ring but I got one. I love you... I want you to know that I love you." He practically pleaded. Jaxx kissed Daryl once again.

"Course I'll marry you wonderboy.. Who else is gonna look after you?"

A/N: hey guys! As you can tell, was kinda in my gay feelings.