Missing Wonderboy

(A/N: This was supposed to be just a oneshot in a gay oneshots book but I liked the concept and had way too many ideas for this to just make it a oneshot. Now I did change some things, like in this story Lori didn't cheat on Rick with Shane like a bitch, and Rick escaped to atlanta with his family instead of waking up in the hospital.)

Jaxx trudged through the thick and lonely forest, the sun beating down on his Long red hair and black Sweatshirt.

 "Next time the fucking zombie apocalypse happens I'll make sure to run away in better hiking attire." He said to himself, Keeping a firm grip on his handgun in case of danger. Jaxx remembered to grab his emergency bag in his escape from the infested town, the camo backpack included a small first aid kit, food, medication, batteries, a flashlight, extra ammo for his gun, a tent, and his hunter's knife accessorized with his mother's rosary on the handle. 

The cold fall air mixed with the beating sun seemed to jest Jaxx, laughing at his suffering as he trecked on towards the nearest city. Fear battled with his aching body as he came to an abandoned vehicle in a small clearing of the woods. looking into in the windows of the forgotten minivan, Jaxx had found nothing but an empty child's car seat and the rotting corpse of a man holding a zombified child. The walker slowly nibbled on the arm of the corpse, seemingly savoring the bloody stump. 

"I'm gonna fuckin' barf..." Jaxx muttered, pulling out his blade and slowly reaching through the vans open window, stabbing the walker in the head once and letting its tiny body go limp. Sighing Jaxx removed the blade and moving on, quietly saying a prayer his mother once taught him to pronounce in Celtic. Rounding the corner of the van Jaxx felt himself be lifted from the air by his left ankle, in a flash of light he was upside down and caught in a snare. 

"Son of a bitch!" He cursed, trying to grab for his gun and knife that had now dropped to the ground out of his reach. Hearing the rustling of nearby bushes Jaxx stopped moving, praying to his mother that it was at least people, and not a flesh-eating monster. During his prayer, Jaxx felt the barrel of a gun tap the side of his head. 

"Could you at least let a guy pray before you blast his brains out?" He asked, looking at the two men on either side of him. Jaxx could not see the man to his left very well, but he knew he wielded the gun. Jaxx then watched as the man to his right pick up his gun and blade, he wore a sheriffs outfit. 

"We don't kill the living. Besides, you seem like a good man." spoke the sheriff, cutting Jaxx down before helping him up.

 "I'm Rick, that's Glenn." The sheriff introduced himself and the other man Jaxx could see better, an Asian man with a red ball cap.

 "I'm Jaxx. Mind handing me back my things? Don't mean to sound standoffish, But my blade is my everything. Well, that and my ring of course." He chuckled, nervously turning his wedding band on his finger.

 "Of course. Are you alone?" Rick asked handing Jaxx back his gun and hunting knife, Jaxx nodded as he returned the weapons to his belt strap. 

"Sadly yes. Got separated from my husband during the chaos back home. I guess when you've got an accent like mine no one wants to help you out." Jaxx pointed out his heavy Irish accent, tying his hair into a bun for future snare reference.

 "If you want you can come with us to our camp, it's not much but at least you won't be alone out here." Glenn spoke up, Rick nodding in agreement to the offer.

 "Sure. I won't be trouble, I can't do much but I was a nurse before the zombies hit." Jaxx followed Rick and Glenn to another clearing next to a lake, a trailer and tents sat near the lake along with other people. Another man made his way over to the three, not looking very pleased by a newcomers presence.