hey... whats up :) happy late valentines

A/N: heeeyyyy soooo... How y'all doing :) please don't hate me :) I love you :) if it helps I quit my job so I'm hoping for a more consistent schedule :) double writing prompt (valentines related ofc) one off chapter to ease myself back into this. I've been catching up on the show itself, why is season 11 Daryl so hot? Like Daryl himself is hot but season 11 Daryl is just. SCRUMPTIOUS. At the end of the chapter I made a collage of Sims 4 Daryl and Jaxx on their valentines day just for y'all

Writing prompt 1: "sit down, let me patch you up."

February 14th 1998

Jaxx rubbed his temples as he sat down on a crate full of patron. Just one more week, and he'd be out of this dank bar and in his final semester of nursing school. He'd dealt with the yelling of patrons, the stench of piss poor beer and whiskey, and the blinding neon signs for too long, but in his mind it was all worth it. Only a few good things came from this bar, his friends Elijah and Beatrice. They worked in the local hospital, and after meeting Jaxx came to the bar whenever they could to drink and talk. The other good thing though, he wasn't sure what to call. Friend? Date?... Boyfriend? Considering it was valentines day, he hoped he'd have that answer tonight.

That good thing he just called Daryl. And usually by this time he'd be walking in to have a drink, talk with Jaxx while he closed up the bar for the night, and then take Jaxx home. Daryl did this almost regularly, only missing this moment with Jaxx when it was necessary. He promised he'd be there the night before. Once the clock hit 2 am, Jaxx reentered the front of the bar for last call. With what was left of his customers full of booze and gross, greasy food, Jaxx began to wipe down tables and put the alcohol away in the back store room and cooler.

He couldn't help but feel disappointed, he was used to a lonely valentines day, but not when a guy like Daryl promised he'd be there for Jaxx. 'Guess he isn't as special as I thought.' Jaxx thought to himself as he poured a pitcher of nightshark for a table of customers.

Once he had the final drunken mess, a regular everyone just called Toasty, out of the bar, that was when Daryl finally arrived.

"Hey there stranger, thought you'd never show- whoa what happened to you?" Jaxx asked, after turning to look at Daryl and seeing the several cuts, bruises, gashes, and a big ole shiner forming on his right eye.

"Merle's dealer came by my house.. Pissed he didn't pay for his last stash so his little friends made me an example." Daryl answered, his voice was hoarse as if he was also choked. "Oh Daryl... Come here and sit down, let me patch you up." Jaxx offered before taking Daryls hand and leading him to a chair. "come on man I'm fine.." Daryl said meekly, he wasn't used to positive attention like this.

"You're not fine, look at you!" Jaxx exclaimed as he hopped behind the bar to grab the first aid kit he kept back there. Once back at Daryls side, he began to clean up the bloody wounds and put ice on the bigger bruises. "Jaysus your eye.." He commented as he bandaged up the cut right below the black eye.

"Ain't so pretty now, am I?" Daryl joked, Jaxx smiled and kissed Daryl's cheek. "I still got another pretty eye to look at." He responded. As Jaxx cleaned blood off of Daryl's face, Daryl held up a smashed chocolate heart he had been hiding behind his back. "What's this?" Jaxx asked before taking the heart. "Supposed to be your present.. M'sorry." Daryl mumbled, embarrassed that this already not so great gift was broken and even worse than before.

"Daryl... There's nothing to be sorry about, I'm just happy that you thought of me." Jaxx replied softly before giving Daryl a light kiss on the cheek that wasn't still bloody. Once Daryl was fixed up, Jaxx put the kit away.

"You're staying with me tonight mister, I don't trust you to replace those bandaged tomorrow morning." Jaxx ordered, Daryl gave him a small smile as the younger man climbed in the truck with him. "Yes sir, you gonna wake me up with a trumpet in my ear at the crack of dawn?" Daryl teased, earning a slap in the arm from Jaxx. Noticing Daryl wince, Jaxx noticed he had slapped a bad bruise on Daryls arm.