Jenner is a bitch

A/N: I just realized it's almost been a whole ass year since I published the CDC chapter... Sorry guys :(

From their Claimed bedroom, All Daryl could hear was the loud crash of the shattering coffee table. He quickly got up and made his way to the rec room, only getting there in time to see the aftermath of the fight.

T-Dog and Glenn were holding Jaxx back as he kicked and screamed at Shane. Daryl knew it was only a matter of time before the redhead got sick of him. He grabbed his husband by the waist and dragged him out of the room and down to their room, closing the door behind him once he set the angry Irishman down.

"Clover! Hey, sweetheart chill out it's me!" Daryl insisted, forcing Jaxx to look him in the eyes by grabbing his shoulders. Jaxx realized where he was, and sighed. "Oh Daryl.. My heart I'm sorry." Jaxx said, tired from his raging fit and hugging his husband. "I know babydoll, I know... It's okay. What happened?" Daryl asked, petting Jaxx's still damp hair.

"Shane he.. He tried to... He tried to violate Lori." Answered Jaxx, earning a shocked look from Daryl. "That son of a.. I'll kill 'em, the goddamn fucker" Daryl swore, going towards the door. Jaxx grabbed his husbands hand and stopped him.

"Stop.. Daryl we can't start conflict, I mean I've already beat him to a pulp but we can't continue it. For Lori's sake... Let the woman heal, and then we will get her revenge set up." Jaxx's voice was soft as he spoke, knowing from experience that sometimes immediate conflict is sometimes not the answer.

"Let's get some rest wonder boy... Tomorrow I'll talk to Lori but for right now I feel so damn drained." He suggested, leading Daryl to their cot.

Daryl sighed and shared the small space with Jaxx, pulling him close and studying Jaxx's face as he fell asleep. "You've got the prettiest face for a guy..." Daryl Muttered, making Jaxx chuckle. "Goodnight, wonder boy." "Night Clover"

This time skip is brought to you by my depression

The next morning, Jaxx rose from the incredibly uncomfortable cot, tying his hair up in a messy bun and watching his husband as he looked for a shirt. "You should just go shirtless, Wonderboy. I'll always be enjoying a view!" Said Jaxx, getting up and kissing Daryl's cheek.

"Yeah well I wouldn't be.." Daryl muttered, putting on a ragged old flannel and tossing Jaxx a random shirt. "They've got breakfast going.. You coming?" He asked, tossing Jaxx his rosary. "No, I'll just grab some coffee then go find Lori. Poor thing needs someone to talk to." Jaxx said, putting on his rosary and giving Daryl another kiss before going off to find Lori.

Eventually, Jaxx finds her in the room she and her family claimed, her eyes red with tears. "Lori?.. Are you alright?" Jaxx asked softly, sitting beside her and giving her a box of tissues.

"No. I-I've been crying since last night after what happened with Shane... I didn't get to thank you, Jaxx." She said in between sniffles. Jaxx gave her a small smile and shook his head.

"That was just blind Irishman rage, after all.. I know this sounds ridiculous but you remind me of my mother, the way you are with Carl... And how Shane treated you I felt like I was ten years old all over again. Watching her and my dad fight. I couldn't stop him from hurting her then, but I could sure as hell stop Shane." Lori looked at Jaxx as he spoke, seeing a hint of pain in his eyes.

"Jaxx.. Sweetie I can't imagine going through that and being as positive as you are.. I can't imagine what Shane would have done if you weren't there..." Said Lori, giving Jaxx a hug. Jaxx hugged the shaken mother and smiled. "Oh come on, he wouldn't have done shit. Because you would never let him." Jaxx assured, patting Lori's back before standing up.