The dream

(A/N: I made Jaxx Amy in the last chapter because I like Amy too much to let her die. Beside's he'll survive, he is the main character of this story after all. who am I, Steven Moffat? also remember the girls last name in the dream, its the key to a chapter later on.)

Not too long after his sentence, a walker latched onto Jaxx's arm and bit down. Screaming in pain he quickly grabbed his blade from his belt and stabbed it in the head killing it and shoving it off of him. The peaceful night quickly turned into a bloodbath when other walkers attacked the camp, quickly tearing off his tank top Jaxx wrapped it around his bleeding wound and went to help the others, only to kill three walkers with his gun and falling to the ground in sudden exhaustion.

'Please, god no. Don't take me away Daryl needs me' Jaxx pleaded as he felt his arm go numb. Daryl ran over to him and picked him up, quickly carrying Jaxx inside the RV and closing the door once he had set him down. Jaxx watched husband cry in anger as he mercilessly killed the walkers with the remaining others. From what Jaxx could see, the people he truly cared for were still alive. Well, he didn't care about Shane. Shane could be a flesh eating snack for all he cared.

By the morning the walkers were all dead and six of the survivors had died, to Jaxx's disappointment none where Shane. As he watched T-dog, and Jim throw walker bodies into a bonfire he heard the RV open. Looking towards the door he saw it was Dale who seemed to be concerned. "How are you doing Jaxx?" He asked, setting his rifle down in its respected closet and closing it. "Feel like shit but either then that I'm fine. Somethin' up Dale? you look concerned about something more then my bite." Jaxx's counter question made Dale nod.

the older man sat and leaned in to whisper. "I was out with Shane and Rick earlier checking for more walkers, and I saw Shane raise his gun at Rick. He thought about it for a good minute until I came along." Dales story made Jaxx glare at the returning Shane. "Thanks for telling me, Dale. I promise, won't tell a soul." Jaxx swore. Dale nodded and patted Jaxx on the shoulder before leaving the RV.

After Dale's visit came Carl, Lori, and Daryl. Carl Hugged Jaxx in a tight hug before letting Daryl sit beside Jaxx and hold him. "Carl wanted to see you before you passed out. How you doin'?" Lori asked, checking Jaxx for a fever but finding none.

"Well, feels like my arms been lit on fire. either then that I'm doing fine." Jaxx smiled weakly to sell his lie. Inside his body tensed beyond his muscles, his entire body felt like it was on fire on the inside, but outside he looked and felt fine. "You need anythin' Clover?" Daryl asked as Lori and Carl sat in the chair beside the small bed. Jaxx shook his head and buried his head into Daryl's chest. "I just want you to hold me Wonderboy."

Not long after Jaxx had fallen asleep, moving every so often as he seemingly dreamed. "Any fever yet?" Rick asked walking into the RV, Daryl checked Jaxx's head only to feel that he was still fine. "nothin'. Gotta plan?" Daryl asked, Rick nodded and glanced out to the truck full of bodies ready to be buried.

"We're heading to the CDC. Hopefully, they got answers for why Jaxx is fine but Jim is burning up." Rick's answer confused Lori. "Jim got bit?" Lori asked, Rick nodded and asked Lori to speak with him privately. The two left the RV and Carl soon followed, wanting to check on Sophia. Daryl Looked down at his husband, then at his now bandaged up wound. "Whatever you're dreaming about, I hope its good Clover." He said, Kissing his husbands head.

------[this dream sequence is brought to you by my son, Loki]------

Jaxx smiled as he entered the hospital room of Sammy Tornelli, a little girl with a tumor in her lungs. Sammy looked up from her book and smiled back, always happy to see nurse Jaxx. "I see you're trying to catch up with everyone." Jaxx said chuckling, Sammy nodded and wrote 'I missed last Thursday!' on a nearby whiteboard and held it up to show him.

"Still hurts to talk, Hm?" Jaxx asked, preparing a wheelchair for the little girl as she nodded. "Well the little ball of evil will move away from your main valve, so you can talk again." Jaxx assured as he helped the child into her wheelchair, She held the book and whiteboard in one hand and her oxygen and IV hookup in the other. "All aboard the Sammy train, next stop the playroom." Jaxx chuckled, grabbing Sammy's barbie doll she can't leave her room without.

Jaxx wheeled the little girl into the kid's playroom where thirty other kids sat and waited for their story time. Parents of the children sat with them, Sammy's father waiting for her. "Well there's my princess!" he chuckled and kissed Sammy's head as Jaxx wheeled her next to him. The girl giggled and Handed Jaxx the book, Jaxx made his way to the front of the room and sat in the storytelling rocking chair. "Now, where did we leave off on?" he asked, opening the book. Quickly finding his place he began to read.

"To pay her back for the glass eye in his beer, Mr. Twit decided he would put a frog in Mrs. Twit's bed. He caught a big one down by the pond and carried it back secretly in a box. That night, when Mrs. Twit was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, Mr. Twit slipped the frog between her sheets." Jaxx began, noticing Daryl leaning against the doorway Jaxx beckoned Daryl to sit beside him. The kids and their parents knew very well who he was, But most of the kids called Daryl "nurse Jaxx's prince". Daryl reluctantly sat beside Jaxx as he continued to read, Joining in to voice characters every once in a while and making the kids laugh in response. 

After two chapters storytime was over, Kids awed in disappointment as they were lead back to their rooms by parents and nurses. Daryl lead Jaxx outside of the hospital as he went on break, Kissing him once they found that they were alone. "God I missed you." Jaxx chuckled after the kiss, Daryl smiled and set down the bag of Chinese food he had brought on a nearby picnic table. "Hell, I should be the one sayin' that. you leavin' so late yesterday," Daryl paused to pull Jaxx closer to him. "We never finished what you started."  His response made Jaxx blush. 

"I swear if you make me horny in my fucking avenger's scrubs..." Jaxx trailed off, burying his face in Daryl's chest in embarrassment as Daryl laughed and hugged him. "I love ya, Clover."  Daryl said, Jaxx looked up at Daryl and Kissed him. "I love you too, Wonderboy."

------[This back to reality is brought to you by slim shady]------

Jaxx growled in pain as he awoke, trying everything in him to not scream and claw at his bandaged arm. Daryl, who was still holding him, Looked at Jaxx in concern. "Clover you okay?" he asked, checking for a fever once again but finding nothing. "My arm... fuck it feels like its being hacked off..." Jaxx growled through clenched teeth. Rick, who had been sitting across from the two and talking to Daryl, quickly rose and grabbed an ice pack from Dales freezer.

Rick tossed the pack to Daryl and Daryl pressed it to the bite area on Jaxx's arm, numbing it enough for Jaxx to quickly fall back asleep. "Still no fever?" Rick asked, sitting back down. Daryl shook his head and looked down at his husband. "Compared to Jim he ain't even bit." Daryl said, peeling the bandage back to see no infection in the bite. "What'r we gonna do if he does turn?" Rick's question made Daryl tear up a bit, even the thought of the loss was enough to upset him. 

"I dunno. But if he does, I won't be far from him."