Daryl doesn't like halloween

A/N: I'm so sorry you guys 🥺 will a cute pre apocalypse story make up my writing neglect? Love y'all 👉👈

Daryl doesn't like Halloween. Daryl has never liked Halloween. Its the oversimplification and commercialization of a weird holiday and it totally doesn't have anything to do with the one Halloween his brother gave him a candy bar with acid in it at the ripe age of 10.

Due to his disdain of the holiday, Daryl never left the house on Halloween. From the moment the clock strikes 12 on October 31st to the morning of November 1st, Daryl refuses to step outside. He bunkers down in his shitty bedroom in his shitty trailer, and ignores every knock that comes to his door.

Or at least he used to, until he met Jaxx. Unlike Daryl, Jaxx loved Halloween. Halloween was his favorite holiday ever, even though its the commercialization of Irish tradition. And because of Jaxx, on October 31st 1998, Daryl finally left his house.

Oct 31st, 1998

After finally locking his front door, and closing up the final curtain in the house, Daryl felt safe. Merle was... Wherever Merle goes for days on end. And Daryl had the trailer all to himself. Picking up a small block of wood and his knife, Daryl sat on the cigarette stained couch and began Whittling away.

He wasn't sure what he was going for, maybe a present for Jaxx? He knows how to make a cat, and Jaxx likes cats.. As Daryl began to shape out the head and ears, the phone in the kitchen began to ring. Immediately being reminded of that horror movie Jaxx made him watch with Matthew Lillard, Daryl waited a moment. After some debating, and realizing he has a gun in every corner of his house in case of a ghost faced intruder, Daryl headed to the kitchen and picked up the phone.

"Who the fuck is this?" Daryl demanded, what a charmer. "Who the fuck do you think it is?" A chipper voice with an Irish accent replied.

"Jaxx? Damn I'm sorry I didn' mean to sound like that" Daryl apologized, hopping on the kitchen counter to sit and talk.

"It's alright, I know you get all jumpy on Halloween. Normal people, like myself, binge watch scary movies I'm pretty sure I obtained illegally." Jaxx responded, Daryl rolled his eyes and smiled a little. "Right. Normal people. An' why is the normal person calling the not so normal person this time a night?" Daryl asked, He could almost hear the tone in Jaxx shift from slightly flirtatious to tense.

"...the first movie scared me and I wanna cuddle buddy." Jaxx answered truthfully, his voice low. Daryl began to laugh, his own boyfriend who was so proud of his scary movie prowess, scared?

At first it was funny, but then the laughter trailed. Something didn't seem right. "Clover.. You okay?" Daryl asked sincerely. "Yeah I'm okay! Just spooked.. It's okay I'll get over it. And quit laughing at me, big dummy!" Jaxx answered, Daryl gave a slight chuckle.

"Just makin' sure.. Don' go scaring yourself again, 'kay?" Daryl requested. After a brief goodbye, Daryl hung up the phone and sighed. He couldn't help but think, what if Jaxx really is in trouble? And even if he wasn't, he's still scared. As Daryl thought, he whittled the small block of wood.

Should he go? He knows he shouldn't, but if Jaxx is in trouble.. Is he gonna let a superstition stop him? As he contemplates, he realizes he's finished the cat. "Could give this to em..." Daryl mutters to himself. Looking at his watch and seeing that it was only 9 pm, he sighed.

"Fuck it" he uttered, grabbing his hoodie and hesitantly unlocking his door.

With his truck in the shop and Merle gone, Daryl is forced to walk. With every step, he feels the tightness in his chest and his heart racing. It's dark, it's chilly, and he now regrets ever stepping out of his house. 'Why am I even doin' this?' He thought, rubbing his thumb over the wooden cats face in his pocket.

'I ain't even known him for a year an' I'm leaving my house in the dark on hallo-fuckin'-ween.' His thoughts continued as he walked.

After finally finding himself on Jaxx's street, he sighed in relief. Finding that the neighborhood was covered in Halloween decorations, that relief left quicker than his mother left this earth.

'The things I do for this guy...' He thought. As he cautiously walked along the sidewalk, he could practically hear his heart thumping in his ears. How he wished his brother didn't dump him in a haunted house while tripped out on that candy bar.

As he finally made it to Jaxx's house, he thought about his intentions. Will Jaxx want him to stay? Will he himself want to?... Can Jaxx's mom give him a ride because he really doesn't want to walk back.

His thoughts paused as he knocked twice on the front door. After a moment, the door opened and there stood Jaxx's mother, Yennifer, in a witch costume with a candy bowl. She paused, surprised to see Daryl.

"Daryl! Hey sweetie I wasn't expecting you out" she exclaimed, Yennifer was always happy to see Daryl. "Yeah.. Wanted to hang with Jaxx. And give him this." Daryl answered, showing her the cat carving.

"Oh Daryl that's lovely, he'll adore it! Well come right in, get out of this nippy air!" Waving Daryl inside her home, Yennifer set the bowl of candy down and close the door behind him once he entered. "I was wondering what you were doing out, isn't Halloween the day you lock yourself up in your house?" Yennifer asked, Daryl sighed.

"Of course he told you.. Yeah, yeah it is. But I was.. Jus' curious what it's like with Jaxx." Daryl lied, he didn't want to worry Jaxx's mom. "Aw how sweet.. Well you go on ahead honey make yourself at home." Yennifer concluded, making her way back to the kitchen.

Heading upstairs to Jaxx's room, Daryl could hear ..something. Jaxx's room being the Attic, Daryl could clearly hear the horror movie Jaxx was watching from the attic door. Evil Dead? Halloween?...Halloween town? Daryl had no idea, but he sure didn't like the screaming.

Slowly opening the door, Daryl almost fell right back down the attic stairs. In his room, Jaxx laid naked on his bed. Daryl watched as he tossed a rag aside before getting up to turn his television down some. Walking back to his bed, Jaxx noticed his bedroom door ajar.

"Daryl?" Jaxx questioned, Daryl opened the door before shyly stepping in and closing it behind him. "Hey..." He greeted meekly. Jaxx grinned and gave his boyfriend a strong hug. "Y-You... You're naked." Daryl stated.

"Indeed I am. My heart what're you doing here?" Jaxx asked, pulling away from the hug and leading Daryl to his bed.

"...I made you this and wanted to bring it to you. And I.. I was worried. You sounded scared on the phone an' stuff." Daryl mumbled, feeling embarrassed now for walking all the way to Jaxx's home at night on Halloween. He pulled the cat out of his pocket and gave it to Jaxx.

"Oh Wonderboy.. It's so adorable!" Jaxx exclaimed, tackling Daryl in another hug. Daryl blushed and hugged back. " 'least you like it... Guess I didn' come over for nothin'." He mumbled, Jaxx chuckled and set the cat down on his nightstand before holding Daryl close to him.

"mo ghoul dathúil, you certainly didn't come here for nothing~" Jaxx smiled as he snaked his arms under Daryl's hoodie. Daryl shivered, Jaxx smirked. "Halloween ain't so bad with you around..." Daryl said, his hands in Jaxx's hair as Jaxx kissed and bit Daryl neck.

"And I'll always be around.. Now, on your knees for your Halloween treat."

A/N: posting my Halloween special a day after Halloween cause I forgot to last night after a party. Sorry guys ;-;