Family trouble

A/N: I loved Axel in the prison chapter, I wish he would have survived. Leave her Johnny is just one of the many sea shanties Jaxx loves to sing, and sometimes Daryl joins in.

Leading the group to the prison, Jaxx grinned in excitement to see the place abandoned, save for a small herd of walkers inside it's gates. "Shame... Seems pretty secure besides the walkers." T-Dog said, Rick scanned the area thinking of a plan.

"Doesn't seem like there's a lot in there.. If we could get in, be cautious about this... We could take them down." Rick said, hope finally seeping into his voice.

"Post some guns up high, some distractions just beyond the fence.. And a runner to seal up that gate up there." Jaxx chimed in, pointing to the small herd inside the prisons fences.

"Sounds like a solid plan.. But who'll be the runner?" Rick asked, Jaxx shook off his vest and tied up his hair.

"I'll go. Besides Glenn I'm the fastest runner, and I can get bit." He volunteered, unsheathing his knife. Daryl cut the lock on the gate for him, before opening it he looked to his husband.

"Sure 'bout this clover?" He asked, Jaxx nodded. "I'll be fine, Love. Just don't shoot me." He teased, Daryl pulled a small smile before opening the gate and promptly shutting it once Jaxx was in. Then he, Carol, and Rick made their way up the guard tower to spot Jaxx.

Watching his husband run, Daryl was nervous. Jaxx had taken a real beating during the winter, and he still volunteers his safety for the group. "He's probably trying to see if his cousin got bit" Daryl said, trying to think of an excuse as to why Jaxx offered to run.

Once Jaxx had the second gate locked and had himself safely locked in the other guard tower, the three took care of the rest of the yard walkers that hadn't fallen for the fence trick.

Once he was up in the tower, Jaxx joined in with his gun. Over the winter he had become a much better shot, to the point that he was getting walkers before Daryl could have a chance. Daryl looked across the yard at his husband, who blew him a snarky kiss.

Daryl responded with a middle finger, making Jaxx laugh. Once the group was inside, Jaxx made his way back down the tower. Once he was out, he threw his arms around Daryl in an excited embrace.

"God we haven't had this much space since the farm!" Carol exclaimed, for once in a very long time things were looking better.

That night, with the group around a fire with some rabbit cooking for dinner, Jaxx checked on Lori as he waited to get food for Daryl.

"He's checked that fence three times now.." She muttered, glancing at her husband who was up by the prison gate checking the fences integrity.

"He's just trying to make sure we're safe, Dear... Come, eat. You're feeding two people." Jaxx insisted, giving the pregnant mother a part of his rabbit before standing. "Oh jaxx no I can't you've barley eaten.." Lori replied, Jaxx shook his head.

"It's alright. I'll just sneak some from my husband." He said with a chuckle as he grabbed Daryl's plate and head off to the overturned bus where Daryl stood watch. Climbing up with both dishes in hand, Jaxx handed one to Daryl. "Here, if you don't eat now you won't eat later." Jaxx said, giving his husband a kiss on the cheek before sitting on the edge of the bus with his own plate.

"Clover.. You think Axels alive?" Daryl asked, Jaxx shrugged. "No clue.. Knowing him, I have a bit of doubt. But he's always been a slippery one." He replied, watching a walker in a yellow sundress pass by.

Not long after, Carol joined the two. "What're you boys doing all the way out here?" She asked, Daryl shrugged. "Makin' sure no one spots the place after dark." He responded.

"Well clearly there's no one but us, so come on." Carol insisted, Daryl noticed her wince and move her shoulder some. "What's wrong?" He asked, Carol shook her head.

"It's nothing, just the kickback of that rifle. Ain't used to it yet." She answered, Daryl finished his rabbit and set the plate down.

Having his friend turn to face away from him, he massaged her shoulder. "Clover taught me this" he said, Jaxx huffed out a chuckle.

"He thought it was normal that his shoulder was out of place for a decade." Jaxx replied, Carol smiled. "You two.. You're almost admirable. The winter nearly killed us all, but it didn't make you stray from each other for even a second." Carol said, thanking Daryl once her shoulder felt better.

"That's why you find a husband that don't bitch about the cold." Daryl commented.

"Pretty romantic night.. You two wanna screw around?" Carol joked, Jaxx let out a hearty laugh. "Absolutely not." Daryl said, lowering himself to get off the bus.

"I'll go down first." He said, Jaxx snorted. "Even better!" Carol replied, Jaxx hopped down with his husband before helping Carol down.

Back at the fire, Jaxx held Daryl close to him. "Bethy, sing Paddy Reilly for me. I haven't heard that I think, since your mother was alive.." Hershel requested.

"Daddy please not that one." Maggie pleaded, Jaxx chuckled. "Daryl and I could be of entertaining assistance." He suggested, His husband shot him a look that could kill.

"Oh don't look at me like that, Come on wonderboy we'll do the favorite!" Jaxx insisted, Daryl huffed. As Jaxx began to sing leave her Johnny, Daryl softly chimed in.

For the first time in quite a while, the group had a peaceful night to rest. When the song was done, Daryl buried himself into Jaxx's chest in embarrassment. Jaxx kissed him on the head and looked up at the prison.

"Think we could get our way in there?" Jaxx asked Rick who sat beside him, Rick shrugged. "If we do it right, orderly.. Maybe." He replied, Jaxx could have sworn he saw a light move in the building.

"I know the place very well.. And unfortunately most of the reanimated inmates crawling around in there."

A/N: besties if I'm a little slow this month I'm sorry, December is a sucky month for me and my mental health.