Found Again

A/N: if you have depression clap your hands 👏🏻👏🏻 if you hate Merle Dixon clap your hands 👏🏻👏🏻 if you're wondering if he's gonna get what he deserves, you bet your ass buddy clap your hands 👏🏻👏🏻

Two days. It's been two days since Jaxx last saw the group, or Sophia. Low on food, and bottled water, the young man sits under a tree to take a breather. Still holding sophias doll. 'This feels like I'm on my own all over again..' He thought, glancing around the woods, still no sign of life.

After his rest, Jaxx stood up and continues west. Not sure as to where he was going, but hopeful. Slowly chewing on the last granola bar in his backpack, the hope began to fade.

'What if I run out of food? I can't hunt.'

'What if I'm going the exact opposite of where I need to go?'

'What if I never see Daryl again?'

'I'll at least be able to see my ma..'

'I could just end this nightmare now. Spare the grief.'

'I love you, Daryl. I love you so much.. Lord forgive me'

But before Jaxx could go through with his dark thoughts, he found a clearing. A peaceful spot, with a deer in sight. "I could try my hand at this.." He said, raising his gun to shoot the animal.

But before Jaxx could even turn the saftey off, he saw another life form. "Carl... Carl!!" Jaxx called, but as he ran closer a shot rang out, zipping by Jaxx and hitting the deer, then Carl.

"Oh... SHIT" Jaxx screamed, sprinting for Carl. Rick and Shane met him at Carl's side. Another man, more heavier and clearly panicked, ran out of the woods. "Oh my- I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! Follow me we have a doctor!" He directed, Jaxx picked Carl up without hesitation and ran with Rick, Shane, and the man.

As they ran the surroundings changed from woods to long open plains, a farm. The man lead them to a farm house screaming for someone named Hershel. Jaxx held the bleeding child as firmly as he could, the only sound he could hear was the blood rushing in his body, and the thumps of his heart beating as he ran.

They arrived at the farm house, before Jaxx could catch his bearings Carl was taken into the house, and he sad down in a near by chair to catch up with his racing mind. Rick was panicking about Carl, and Shane glared at Jaxx as if he were the one that shot Carl. As an older man tried his best with Carl, Jaxx learnt the names of the farms inhabitants.

There was Otis, the man who had shot Carl. He was practically weeping with guilt, apologizing to both Rick and god for what he had done. His wife, Patricia, tried to comfort him. The doctor trying to help Carl, who Jaxx presumes to be Hershel, introduced his two daughters Beth and Maggie.

Rick was frantically explaining to Shane that he needed Lori for Carl's sake. Shane gave Rick some bullshit excuse to calm the worried father down. Maggie rushed into the room, summoning Rick so they could transfuse his blood to Carl. Jaxx and Shane followed, Carl screamed in pain as Hershel removed one of the six bullet fragments he found, Jaxx could hardly bare the sound.

Hershel ordered Jaxx to hold Carl down, he did as he was instructed no matter how terrible the screams were. The screams only got worse as Rick started screaming at Hershel, and Shane shouted at Rick. When Carl's cries suddenly stopped, Jaxx panicked for a moment.

"It's alright, he just passed out." Hershel explained. Jaxx let go of Carl and wiped his tears off of his freckled cheeks. "One down, five to go..." Was all Hershel said placing the first piece of shrapnel into a dish. Jaxx helped Patricia set Rick up for the transfusion, and came out to the next room.

"He's stable for now.." Jaxx informed Otis and Maggie before sitting Rick down. "I need to go get Lori." Rick said, jaxx shook his head. "Absolutely not, Rick. You can't leave Carl needs you and you can barley walk on your own right now." Rick implored "alright I'll handle it, you gotta stay here! Even if Carl didn't need your blood man I wouldn't let you walk out that door. I'd break your legs if I had to." Shane gave his version of a pep talk, and Jaxx scoffed.

Jaxx thought as Rick and Shane spoke, what if Otis had missed? What if he had hit Jaxx instead? Jaxx would have preferred that outcome, he's been shot before. He would have been okay. But he supposed that a hunting rifle was not exactly the same as a bb gun rifle.

As he thought, Hershel came in. Explained the tools he needed to remove the other five shards. "Hersh the hospital went up in flames a month ago..." Otis said, getting up from his seat.

"But the high school set up a FEMA shelter. They'd have everything we would need if the place wasn't overrun" Patricia stated, Jaxx stood and tied his hair up "then leave that to me. I'm a nurse I know what we need, and what it all looks like." He volunteered, and Shane rolled his eyes.

"I gotta map. I'll take you there it ain't but five miles.." Otis also volunteered, Patricia protested. "Honey it ain't fair for this fella to go out on his own, besides its my fault the boys here in the first place. I know what the stuff looks like as well, I was an EMT for a while." Otis looked afraid, clearly he didn't like the thought of walking into a walker infestation.

Jaxx patted the man's shoulder as a solemn but silent thanks, and Otis left to pack some items together. "Jaxx you don't have to do this." Rick said, Jaxx shook his head. "No no, I do have to. I feel as if I'm responsible as well. And not to sound too harsh but uh.. I don't trust Shane with this."

Shane tensed and crossed his arms. "Whats that supposed to mean?" He asked. Jaxx shrugged and gathered his bag, not giving the blundering meathead an answer.

Jaxx walked outside to help Otis load up his truck, Rick followed. "Now remember get what we need and only what we need" He said, Jaxx tossed his backpack in the back. "Yes, of course. There's no time to waste." He replied, Otis gave his, wife a hug and Rick handed Otis his gun.

Jaxx climbed into the truck and waited for Otis, once the man got in the driver seat jaxx took a deep breath. "So.. Nurse?" Otis asked, Jaxx nodded. "Children's ward.. Otis, just so you know. I don't blame you for this. It was an accident." His thick accent made Otis process what jaxx had just said, but when he realized his shoulders unclenched a bit.

"Thank you.." Otis thanked Jaxx, and drove away.