THIS IS NOT PROTECTING US

(A/N: I swear I am the worst at writing, just bear with me please.)

Slowly making their way up the building, the group used Daryl's crossbow and blades to get rid of nearby walkers, quick to be silent and not draw attention from the hordes of other walkers. "This is nothing like Doom." Jaxx muttered as they made their way to the staircase that leads to the roof. "Of course it's not like doom if it was we would be even more screwed." Glenn added, Jaxx smiled at Glenn. He really thought of him as a good friend in this crazy new world.

Once they came to the top, T-dog cut the lock and chain on it with bolt cutters and letting Daryl kick open the door. Daryl ran out calling for his brother with the other four close behind, only to find a bloody saw and Merle's hand left from where he was handcuffed. Daryl shouted a cry of no, repeating it over and over as he paced. Jaxx slowly made his way over to Daryl, when Daryl aimed his crossbow at T-dog.

 In a flash, Rick had his gun pointed at Daryl and Jaxx had his own at Rick's temple. Jaxx didn't know what he had done until he turned the safety off. "Daryl please put the bow down. If you kill him, Rick kills you, then I kill Rick. agus ansin beidh mé féin a mharú..." Jaxx spoke, lowering his gun back into his holster. After a few more seconds Daryl brought his weapon down, and with that so did Rick.

"gotta bandana or somethin'?" Daryl asked, after everyone looking and finding nothing for the hand, Jaxx sighed and pulled off his shirt before giving it to Daryl. "At least there ain't any cold winds like yesterday." he said, getting a black tank top out from his backpack and putting it on. Daryl slowly wrapped the hand in the T-shirt before shoving it into Jaxx's backpack. "He must have used something as a tourniquet. not much blood for a man that just cut off his own hand." Jaxx commented, pointing to the blood trail leading to the other door that went into the building.

 going back down they found themselves in a kitchen, the burner on a stove still on and blood everywhere. Rick picked up a flatiron with skin and blood on it. "what is that?" Glenn asked as Jaxx turned off the gas to the stove. "Skin. He cauterized the wound." Ricks answer made Glenn gag at the thought. "Then he must've jumped out of here." Jaxx said, walking over to the broken window leading to a fire escape. "Don't blame 'em. For all he knew he was on his own." Daryl glared back at T-dog as he said this, stopping when Jaxx placed a hand on his arm. "We'll find him love, but I think we should focus on those guns now." 

[this time skip is brought to you by Arron Burr]

The plan was set, Jaxx would grab the guns while Daryl and Glenn stayed in the closer alleyway, then two blocks away Rick and T-dog would be in another alley just in case Jaxx had to take a different way back. "Be careful, okay Clover?" Daryl pleaded as Jaxx readied himself. "I'll be fine, Wonderboy. I love you." Jaxx replied, kissing his husband's cheek before making his way out of the Alley and down towards the bag of guns and Ricks hat.

 Quickly making his way over to the tank Jaxx snatched the bag and hat, running back even faster when he heard someone shouting and a car screeching to a halt. By the time he had gotten back, Daryl was gone and the other three were pinning a teenager to the alley wall. Jaxx quickly shut the gate to the alley and looked at Rick in a panicked expression. "This boy's men just took Daryl." Rick said, keeping Jaxx from killing the teen. 

the four men forced the teen back inside of the building, taking everything in Jaxx not to kill the boy. "What did your men do with Daryl? Where is he?" Rick asked, the teen scoffed before answering. "I ain't telling you a damn thing." every word that came from the boy's mouth made Jaxx's blood boil. "Jesus, Glenn what happened back there?" T-dog asked Glenn. "He jumped us and then when his men showed up they took Daryl after he shot one of them in the ass with an arrow." Glenn shrugged as he leaned against a desk.

 "Man, he's the one who jumped me. puto screaming about trying to find his brother like it's my damn fault." the kid's explanation only angered Jaxx more. "I couldn't give less of a shit about Merle, We need to find Daryl." Jaxx could only mutter through clenched teeth, taking his backpack off and setting it beside Daryl's crossbow that he had dropped during the struggle. "Daryl? What kind of hick name is that? wouldn't even name my dog Daryl." the kid joked, Jaxx went to take a swing at him but Rick held him off but Jaxx still tried to kick at the boy. 

"Damn it, Jaxx. Back off!" Rick demanded. Jaxx did as he asked, only to fish Merle's severed hand out of his bag and unwrap it. "Ya want to know what happened to the last cunt that pissed me off?" Jaxx unwrapped the hand and tossed it in the kid's lap, he screamed and fell out of his chair. "I'll go for the fuckin feet this time!" Jaxx threatened, letting Glenn hold him off to really sell his act. Rick crouched near the kid who seemed to be in a more talkative mood. "The men you were with took our friend. All we want to do is talk to them, see if we can work something out." Ricks calm demeanor compared to Jaxx's crazy act seemed to work, as the kid nodded in agreement to help.

The kid, who they learned to be named Miguelito, lead the team to an abandoned shipping yard. Rick had T-dog on a roof with a sniper rifle, with Glenn up there to watch T-dogs back. "You sure you don't wanna switch with T-dog?" Rick asked Jaxx as he loaded a shotgun. Jaxx shook his head and loaded an arrow into Daryl's crossbow. "Hell no. Wanna see the man that took him, face to face." Jaxx responded, glaring at Miguelito. "One peep out of you, your gettin' an arrow up the ass." Jaxx threatened. Miguelito scoffed. "G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass and shove it up yours." he taunted, Rick looked at the boy in a questioning look. "Who's G?" Rick asked. "Guillermo. He the man here." Miguelito replied. Rick cocked his shotgun and looked up at Jaxx. 

"Okay then. Let's go see Guillermo."