fuck this stupid barn

A/N: think I'm gonna start adding songs from my Jaxx and Daryl playlist at the top when I've got nothing to put there. Anyway, for those who are still here to read my bs, I give you a kith 😘 and yes it's 2:30 am, don't judge me I see y'all commenting at 3 am. And of course I'm going to give an explanation for each song at the end of the chapter.

The next morning, as the group sat around eating breakfast, Jaxx sad beside Daryl and thought about the heavy boulder on his shoulder. He had to tell the group, he couldn't keep the barn a secret. "Guys, something I have to bring to light.." Jaxx announced, standing up. Glenn looked to Jaxx, and then to Maggie who watched from the farm house porch. With everyone's attention gained, Jaxx continued.

"There's.. There's Walker's in the barn. And Herschel refuses to get rid of them because he thinks they're sick people." With every word he felt the eyes on him grow into a panicked expression. Helping Daryl up as the group followed Shane to the barn, Jaxx realized the can of snakes he had just opened. Shane marched towards the barn door, hearing the growls inside he turned to the group. "How long did you know?!" Shane demanded, Jaxx rolled his eyes at the dramatics.

"I've known since yesterday. Was walkin' by the barn and I heard the growls. Herschel confirmed my suspicions." Jaxx said, covering Glenn's ass. "And you didn't think to tell anyone before now?" Dale asked with concern, Jaxx shrugged. "I figured we would be okay for one more night, besides I needed to help Daryl so that wasn't my top priority.." His answer, not very surprisingly, only angered Shane more. "This just proves we need to get the hell out of here and get to fort benning!" He exclaimed, kicking the barn door and angering the living corpses inside.

"We aren't leaving until we find Sofia, Daryl almost killed himself for the first piece of hard evidence we have." Rick interjected, Jaxx helped Daryl to a near by tree stump to sit on. "Daryl almost killed himself over a goddamn doll. We don't know where she is, if she's alive or dead, we don't know shit Rick! It's a dead end!" As Rick and Shane argued, Jaxx knelt in front of his husband.

"Doin' alright wonderboy?" Jaxx asked, Kissing his husbands hand as he Heald it. "Doin' shitty.. Why did'n you tell me?" Daryl asked, Jaxx rubbed small circles on Daryl hand with his thumb. "I didn't want you to worry.. Last thing I need is you trying to go all macho man and go look for yourself." Jaxx admitted, he knew Daryl hated feeling so helpless, but he hated seeing Daryl in pain even more.

"Jaxx have you tried talking to Herschel about the walkers?" Rick asked, Jaxx turned his attention to the leader of their group. "Of course I tried, but he thinks they're sick people.. Rick I don't think he'll let us do anything to get rid of those walkers." Jaxx answered truthfully, hands on his hips Rick nodded. "Alright.. I'll go speak with him, try to work something out... Thank you for telling us Jaxx." Rick said, as he began to walk away Shane strayed too close to the barn door, causing the walkers to react and push the door out a bit.

"Jesus.." Daryl muttered.

Later in the day, as Jaxx took watch on top of the RV, Carl approached the RV with a confused expression. "Hey Jaxx?" Carl called up, noticing the boy Jaxx placed his rifle down and looked at him. "Hi Carl, your mom told me you went shooting!" Jaxx exclaimed, climbing off of the RV to talk to the boy. "Yeah, it was fun.. But uh I went to check on Daryl and he's gone." Carl said, Jaxx gave the boy a worried expression as he turned to Dale.

"Dale can you take watch for me, I need to go find my stubborn husband." Jaxx said, Dale gave Jaxx a confirming nod. As Jaxx looked for his husband, Carol approached the Irishman and joined in the search. "He disappear while injured often?" Carol asked, Jaxx Chuckled. "Oh yes, he's a stubborn bastard.. One time, he broke his foot hunting and the doctor told him to stay off it for at least a month. Two weeks later he was walking around without his cast! I had to keep him on surveillance, my mom had to stay with him and watch him when I wasn't home!" As Jaxx told his story, the two checked each building.