Better Angels pt2

A/N: he's not dead he's just having a nap he's fiiiine. I nickname this chapter "the chapter where we finally get to see Jaxx go ape shit" and that sums it up pretty well. Chapter song is fences by destroy boys, it really fits with Jaxx's anger I think.

When Jaxx finally awoke, it was pitch black. The sun had set, leaving nothing but the moon as light for him. He rose to his feet, coughing and spitting out blood that had seeped from his nose and into his mouth. "I'm gonna fucking kill him.." He growled, finding his knife and gun in the leaves. His mother always said his anger was his worst feature, but right now he didn't care about bottling it in.

As he walked the woods, looking for a way back to the farm, he came across the dead body of Beatrice. Her neck snapped, and head sliced in, indicated that she turned. Heading past her body, he heard a noise. No, a voice. Ricks voice. Making out where it came from, he turned and headed towards Rick's voice.

His throat burned, the bruises around his neck felt unbearable, but all that was set aside with the pure rage that flew through his veins. As he walked towards Rick, he thought about all the things he's done when he was this angry.. He'd beaten his cousin half to death, sent at least five men to the hospital... And now, he's killing Shane.

Rick's voice lead to the forest clearing, where Rick stood still. Shane had his gun drawn on him. "Raise your gun." Shane demanded, Rick refused.

"Fine.. Die a coward." Shane said, Jaxx emerged from the tree line. Rick noticed, and looked at Shane.

"Got killed by Beatrice, huh?" He said, before Shane could turn around Jaxx lept onto his back in a fit of rage. Screaming, cursing, throwing his fists whenever he could, he was almost like a walker himself.

Rick backed up as Shane threw Jaxx off of him, grabbing the gun Shane had dropped as well.

"You REALLY have to check a pulse before you think someone's dead, asshole!" Jaxx spat, scrambling to his feet and drawing his knife. His rosary hung from his neck, it shook violently as he ran towards Shane with his knife. Rick watched as Shane caught Jaxx and struggled against his strength.

Jaxx finding the last push of energy he had, dug the knife into Shane's chest and twisted. Screaming in pain, Shane fell. As he did, he took the rosary.

It snapped from Jaxx's neck, and broke apart in Shane's hand.

In a rage, Jaxx couldn't stop stabbing the already down Shane. He kept plunging his knife into the dying man's body until he was dead. "Jaxx!" Rick shouted, grabbing Jaxx and bringing bringing him back into reality.

Jaxx's angry, feral growls turned into sobs. He curled up into Rick's arms and sobbed.

"It's alright.. c'mon, let's go." He said, helping Jaxx to his feet. Searching Shane's body and the grass around him, All Jaxx could find of his rosary was the celtic cross.

"Dad? Jaxx?" A small voice called out from behind them, they turned to see Carl. "Carl.." Jaxx said softly.

As Rick began to approach his son, Carl pulled out the gun he had taken from Daryl and aimed at Jaxx. Jaxx froze, Rick froze.

"Carl.. Please... It's not what it-" Jaxx's explanation was cut short by Carl firing. The bullet nearly grazed Jaxx, and hit the reanimated Shane that was almost on him.

Jaxx turned and looked at the now dead Shane. "But.. How..." Jaxx muttered, he hadn't been bitten or scratched by a walker.

"I'm gonna.. I'm gonna head back to the others. Find Daryl..." Jaxx said, not really towards Rick. But to himself, to give himself something to do besides stare at Shane's body.

"That sounds like a good idea.. And Jaxx," Rick called out as Jaxx began his trek towards the farmhouse, Jaxx stopped and turned towards Rick. "Thank you."

Jaxx nodded and continued his walk, the cross from his now broken and lost rosary in his hand. Once he was at the farm house fence, he could see Daryl returning from the woods with Glenn. "Daryl!" Jaxx shouted, getting his husbands attention.

Daryl looked like he had been crying for hours, and seeing Jaxx only made him stop dead in his tracks.

From Daryl's perspective, Jaxx was gone. Bee kidnapped him. That turned out to be a lie, since he and Glenn found walker Bee. But for all he knew Jaxx was still missing, or even dead. Yet there he was, bloody, bruised, but alive.

Daryl dropped his crossbow to run to his husband, locking him in a tight embrace once they were together.

Jaxx returned the hug as best he could, Daryl didn't care if people were watching.

"I'm okay, love.." Jaxx muttered as Daryl checked Jaxx's face like a worried mother. "Like hell you are, gotta black eye, nose is busted.. Clover you're fuckin covered in blood what happened?" Daryl asked, Jaxx showed Daryl the remains of his rosary.

"Shane tricked me.. Got me alone in the woods. Almost choked me to death but he was stupid enough to stop when I blacked out... When I woke up he was about to kill Rick.. We fought, he broke my rosary, and I brutally stabbed him to death. The usual." Jaxx explained, Daryl frowned and kissed his husbands head.

"C'mon, let's get you inside.." Daryl said, grabbing Jaxx's hand.

"Uh.. Guys? I think we have a problem." Glenn said, the couple turned to look in the direction Glenn was facing. On the horizon, only a yard in front of them, a horde of walkers were approaching. Jaxx held onto Daryl's hand tight.

"Sweet baby Jesus what the fuck"

A/N: I'm sorry it's kinda short guys :( I got called into work and the signal sucks ass