Cherokee Rose (fuck shane)

A/N: new look for Jaxx! It doesn't really show off his curls as much as the last look, but I love it. What do y'all think?

Daryl practically tripped hopping on the motorcycle as the girl before returned to bring them to her farm. Following the horse, Daryl noticed as the crowded highway became a large open plain with a farmhouse in the middle of it. In front of that farm house stood the rest of his group, including his husband.

'Hairs different' he thought as he stopped the bike and got off, immediately charging at his husband to give him an affectionate hug. "Hey, Wonderboy.." Jaxx said softly, wrapping his arms around Daryl. Somethings wrong, Daryl could hear it in Jaxx's voice. As the crew all caught up with each other, Daryl took his husbands hand and lead him back into the RV so they could be alone.

"Clover.. Darlin' what happened?" He asked, sitting in the back of the trailer so Jaxx could sit in his lap. "Daryl.. Why do I cause so much death?" Jaxx asked, fiddling with Daryl's hair. "What? You don't cause death.. What makes you say that?" Daryl asked, Jaxx sighed.

"Last night.. I had to go out to this high school and grab medical equipment for Carl... This man, Otis, he came with me.. He was so determined to help he... He sacrificed his life so I could get away. A-And I tried to help him! But I was too late.." Jaxx's voice began to crack as he spoke, his throat filling with guilt.

"Don' blame yourself, Clover.. Ya didn' force him to make that sacrifice. He did it on his own terms... Hell if that Shane went instead'a you he would've probably shot the guy in the leg and kept on runnin' cause that's the type of guy he is... Not you though. You ain' like that." Daryl Held his husbands face in his hand as he consoled, rubbing his thumb on jaxx's cheek as tears began to fall unto them.

"I-It was so frightening, Daryl.. One of em almost grabbed me by my hair..." Jaxx shook as he rubbed a shaved part of his head. "That why you cut it like this?" Daryl asked, Jaxx wordlessly nodded.

"I think it looks amazing, clover.. Just like you." Daryl smiled as he spoke, giving Jaxx the courage to smile as well. "Thank you, wonderboy.. I love you"

As Jaxx and Daryl resurfaced from the RV, Herschel spotted them and made his way over. "Jaxx.. We want to give Otis a proper send off. Will you speak for Otis?" Herschel asked, Jaxx nodded and looked towards the pile of rocks that Jimmy started to build that morning. "Of course, it's the least I can do.." Jaxx agreed and followed Herschel to the rock pile, Daryl following with his hand on the strap of his bow in caution.

As Herschel leads the funeral, Jaxx observes everyone around him. Otis's wife sobs softly over her husband, Daryl doesn't quite understand what's going on but he stands in support of Jaxx, and the group are all looking at him. He knows the majority likes him, besides the obvious Shane. But he cannot help but feel as if they're scared of him. Scared of the fact that this is the third person he could not save.

"Jaxx, can you please speak for otis?" Herschel asked, Jaxx nodded and squeezed his husbands hand. "Of course.. Otis and I were running to the truck, my ankle was all messed up from jumping out a window... We turned the corner and there must've been a hundred surrounding the truck... I didn't have a plan, so H-He gave me his bag and ran to a closed up corner of the lot. He fired his gun to get their attention, a-and I tried to help once I got to the truck but by the time I got to him he was... He was gone.." Jaxx's voice cracked as the lump in his throat grew heavier.

As jaxx walked to place a stone atop the grave, all he could hear were Patricia's sobs. Would he sound like that if something ever happened to Daryl? Would Daryl sound like that if something happened to Jaxx? Jaxx pondered this as he returned to Daryl's side and held his hand tightly, fearfully.

After the funeral, Jaxx and Daryl regrouped with Rick, Jaxx scanned the large map Maggie had placed on a truck. "This is the entire county. Here's where y'all lost the girl, here's the farm." Maggie pointed out, Rick mapped out three areas. "Jaxx and Daryl, why don't y'all head west behind that tree line over there. Looks like there's an old house in that area maybe she bunkered down in there.. I'll-" As Rick mapped out his plan, Herschel interrupted.

"You will stay here, Rick. You've lost three units of blood it is not safe for you." Herschel stated, Jaxx nodded in agreement. "He has a point, Rick.. Daryl and I will go past the tree line, then tomorrow we'll check the creek out behind the barn." Jaxx marked, Daryl nodded in agreement of his husbands plan.

"That sounds okay... Shane was asking about teaching everyone how to use guns so we could do that while y'all are gone.." Rick said, Herschel once again budded into the conversation. "Rick I'm not comfortable with all your people carrying guns around my property." He said, Rick thought for a moment before placing his gun down on the map. "You're right.. It's you're property. But may I ask to at least keep Dales Rifle with him? We would all feel safer with him watching out for us." Rick asked, Herschel nodded.

Shane, groaning like a toddler, placed his gun down as well. "I'll be sure to bring my gun back to Dale once we're back." Jaxx promised as he tied his hair up and placed his gun in his belt. "Jaxx, Daryl.. Y'all don't have to go out on your own, if we just wait until tomorrow the group would be ready..." Rick said as Shane walked away, jaxx shook his head. "If we wait any longer to start looking Carol will have a nervous breakdown. It's my responsibility, I lost Sophia.." Jaxx said, Daryl only held Jaxx's hand.

With that, Jaxx and Daryl headed towards the trees. "Didn't you say you found Sophia's doll?" Daryl asked, Jaxx ducked under some thick tree branches and lifted them up for Daryl. "I did.. But I lost it when I got lost..." Jaxx said, the guilt fizzling up in his stomach. "Clover.. C'mon don't beat yourself up about this too. Not every loss is your fault. That guy chose to risk his life, Sophia ran away while you were asleep, and all them back in the CDC chose to stay. Ya can' save everyone.." Daryl said as they followed the map, Jaxx gripped his knife as the trees behind them rustled.

"I know I can't I just.. I want to. I want to help I... I can't sit back and watch people, innocent people, die. And children.. Oh god I hope Sophia's alright." Jaxx whispered the last part, the fear setting in. 'What if she's dead? What if a walked got her?' He thought as he focuses on Daryl's back. "She ain' dead, Clover." Daryl said, basically reading Jaxx's thoughts.

Coming across the big abandoned house Rick had mentioned, Daryl noticed something else beside the house. A small bushel of Cherokee roses. "Hey, My favorites.." Jaxx said amusingly, walking towards them with Daryl. "Wherever they are, a missing girl is around them." Daryl said, checking the aging of the bright flowers. "Then maybe she's here?" Jaxx questioned, turning to look up at the old house.

As the two stepped inside, Jaxx could smell something awful. Looking around, jaxx found the culprit of the smell, a recently opened can of sardines. "Of course, sardines..." Jaxx said, the smell making him gag a bit. "Clover, come check this out.." Daryl said, Jaxx turned to see what wonderboy had found. A small pile of blankets and pillows set up in the pantry, the space just big enough for Sophia's size.

As Jaxx and Daryl called out for the child, Daryl walked back outside and picked three of the roses. "C'mon, let's head back.. Gettin' dark." Daryl said, Jaxx emerged from the abandoned home. "I don't think she's here, anyhow... Maybe she is down by that creek?" Jaxx questioned, Daryl grabbed Jaxx's hand, making the younger man stop. "Clover... You been limpin' like a som'bitch all day. Lemme go look down there tomorrow." Daryl asked, his eyes soft for Jaxx.

"Oh come on I'll be fine!" Jaxx insisted, but Daryl didn't let go. "No you ain't, you know damn well what happens when you walk on a sprain for too long. I'll be okay by myself, alright?" Daryl insisted, tucking one of the roses behind Jaxx's left ear. "Okay.. Alright. But please, please please please be careful..." Jaxx pleaded, hugging his husband. Daryl gave jaxx a soft smile and lifted the Irishman up, carrying him bridal style.

"Course, I only keep my ass safe for you, clover."

A/N: apparently my type of men are greasy older unconventionally attractive men. And if you're reading this, they're your type too! Ha, gotcha!