Lost

A/N: just so you guys know I am not going by the original walking dead script word for word, this is all my own version! Also I am so sorry for being so slow with my updates. But for whoever's sticking around, thank you so much. Chapters a little smaller this time

"Son of a bitch.." Jaxx cursed as he quickly hopped off of the truck bed and rolled underneath it, getting a view of Sophia and Carl underneath the cars near by. Walker upon Walker came, passing the cars and the people below them. Jaxx scanned the area, noticing T-Dog underneath a nearby truck, covered in his own blood by his wounded arm.

Jaxx's Point Of View

'T-Dog..' I thought as I made eye contact with my friend. I quickly began to crawl from one car to the next to pull him underneath, only to slink back as a new line of walkers passed.

Not willing to see him die, I prepared to roll out from the other side, hopefully to distract the upcoming walkers away from him. But before I could Daryl swooped in, like the angel I know he is, and executed the walkers reaching for T-Dog.

As I crawled back beneath the car, I noticed a pair of walkers creeping up to Sophia. Before I could warn her, they were already on the ground and reaching for her. Fuck.

No Point Of View

Sophia, in a fit of fear and adrenaline, crawled out from beneath the car she hid under and darted into the woods beside the highway. In fear for the child, Jaxx crawled out and ran after her as the horde finally cleared out.

Following the girl deeper into the woods, Jaxx killed two walkers begining to chase after him. "Sophia! Sophia stop running its only me!" Jaxx called out in a last minute attempt to catch up with the child.

Sophia finally stopped and turned, relaxing and letting him catch up. Once Jaxx was at her side, he looked around.

"Jaxx.. Are we lost?" Sophia asked, hiding behind the irishmen from the seemingly never ending forest. "I.. I don't know Honestly..." Jaxx muttered, looking around for any indication of a trail back to the highway.

"But don't worry, alright? I'll keep you safe till we get back to the others. I promise.." He swore, holding his hand out for the girl to take.

Sophia may not have known Jaxx for long, but she trusted the man. Taking his hand, they began to walk the way they came.

"Jaxx.. How come Daryl was mean until you came?" Sophia asked, referencing the rednecks behavior until Jaxx came upon the groups first camp.

"It's nothing, sweetie. Daryl just gets worried about me and when he gets worried he gets hostile... It's just his nature." Jaxx explained, quickly getting turned around in the thick fog like air of the forest.

Back on the highway, it was a mess. Carol was in a state of shock, and Daryl was livid. "Daryl man calm down Jaxx and Sofia will come back!" Rick said, stopping the man from pacing his boots off.

"Nah I gotta go find 'em! Jaxx gets lost easy they'll never make it outta there!" Daryl shouted, shoving the sheriff out of his way and to the woods. "I can at least track em.." He muttered, finding Jaxx's boot prints.

Back in the forest, Sophia quickly began to tire out and the two stopped for a break. "I-I miss my mom.." Sophia said, almost on the brink of tears. Jaxx took her doll out from his backpack and gave it to her.

"I know, girlie. Me too.." Jaxx responded, getting a curious look from the child.

"What was your mom like?" She asked, turning so she faced Jaxx.

"Well she was.. My Ma. She loved me, cared for me... Never exiled me for who or what I loved. She even put up with Merle because she knew I loved Daryl so much. Our moms would have been friends." He said, smiling at the last sentence.

Giving the girl a Pat on the head, he stood and began to set for a fire. "Let's start a fire here, maybe if we stay where we are they'll find us faster." He suggested, Sophia nodded in agreement.

"I'll go grab some wood, can I trust you with this knife and to watch the fire for me?" Jaxx asked, giving Sophia one of his hunting knives. Sophia nodded confidently, making Jaxx smile before walking further into the woods.

Returning back from the woods by nightfall, Jaxx sighs in relief when he sees Sofia still at the small camp. Wrapped in a blanket from his backpack to keep warm against the chilly night air away.

"Don't worry Sof, I'll get a fire going soon." Jaxx promised, the little girl nodded. Once a fire had finally been lit, Jaxx sat back against a tree and watched sophias eyes grow heavy.

"Get some rest, Sophia. I won't move a muscle." Jaxx reassured, letting Sophia snuggle against him for more warmth. Jaxx yawned and let his eyes close, and Sophia did the same.

--------------------{this skip is brought to you by I'm so sorry I barely ever post}--------------------

The next morning, Jaxx woke up with his neck aching from sleeping against the tree all night. "God.. That bugger sure isn't a nice head rest. How did you sleep Soph- Sophia?" As Jaxx looked down, he felt around where the little girl was last night. He felt nothing but leaves and twigs. "Sophia?!" Jaxx called out, sitting up and scanning the campsite for Sofia.

"Sophia!!" He called, more panicked than the last. Nothing remained of her but her doll and the blanket jaxx had given her, almost catching fire from being so close to the still charred rocks and sticks from the fire before. "Lord don't do this to me today.. SOPHIA!"

But the calls where met with silence. not even a chirp from a bird, nor the voice of Sophia. Jaxx packed his things, Sophia's doll included, and set off to find her. 'She can't be far, she wouldn't run away. Where is she?...' Jaxx thought, passing a clearing that lead to a small river. "I really should have payed attention more when Daryl took me hunting.."

As Jaxx found himself further in the woods, Daryl and Rick stumbles into the camp. "Nothing here but an old fire set up, man..." Rick said, looking around and finding not another soul in sight.

"Nah, they were here. Two sets of tracks, both went the same way. They musta stopped here for the night." daryl looked on to the river clearing as he explained. "as long as they stick together Sophia is safe. Jaxx would never let anything happen to that little girl"