Rotten Honey

A/N: okay even I'm kind of surprised with the direction I took here. Chapter song is Johnny Cash's we'll meet again, it's the general song played when Jaxx and Daryl have to say goodbye to someone they care about.. Wonder who that could be?

By sunset, Jaxx had made his decision. He hated it, but it made the most sense. There's no way Beatrice could be trusted.

Emerging from his tent, he saw Daryl making new bolts for his crossbow. "You ready to head to the house?" Jaxx asked, throwing on his red flannel. Daryl set down his knife and the bolt he was slicing.

"Guess so. Are you? I mean, bes' answer is to kill 'er. But I know that ain't somethin' you go for." Daryls counter question and comment made Jaxx pause.

"That it is not. And Truthfully... I don't know if I'm ready. But it's too late to go back and think again." Jaxx replied, grabbing Daryl's jacket and vest from their tent for him.

As they made their way to the farmhouse, Jaxx felt a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. "Daryl.. Something bad gonna happen. I can feel it." He said, holding Daryl's hand.

"Kinda about to send Bee to her death so... That's probably it." Daryl replied, Jaxx shook his head. "No, no it's something else. I just don't know what.." Jaxx trailed off as he watched Lori and Rick enter the farm house, Carl followed Jimmy to the chicken coops to hang out away from the adults.

"Nothin's gonna happen, Sweet heart. C'mon." Daryl said softly but in a firm tone, Jaxx nodded and held his hand as they entered and sat on the loveseat beside the couch holding Glenn, Maggie, and Patricia.

Once everyone had settled, Rick stood in the entryway of the room. "So.. Who thinks Beatrice should be spared?" He asked, the silent tension was thick. "This is ridiculous, clearly only Glenn and I think she should live." Dale spoke up, Glenn avoided eye contact with Dale.

"I.. Don't think she should, Dale. She's not one of us." Glenn responded, his tone mousey and quiet. Dale wrung his hat in his hands as he looked amongst the group.

"Can't we give her a chance? Let her wound heal, let her pull her weight!" He begged, all of his words fell km deaf ears. "If we do this, we're saying there's no hope." He added.

Jaxx chewed on his left pinky nail, no one was saying anything. "With the damages in her leg she won't be pulling much for quite some time." Hershel spoke up, Shane huffed.

"So she's dead weight.. Great." Jaxx ignored His snarky comment for once, he was too nervous. "I mean.. How would we do it if we decide to... To kill her? Hang her?" T-Dog asked, Rick nodded. "I was thinking about that but.. A proper execution would be the most humane." Rick responded. Dale looked horrified.

"Christ we are talking about a human being! And you're chatting about how to kill her like we've already decided!" He exclaimed, looking to Jaxx and Daryl.

"Jaxx, Daryl, what's say you?" He asked, Daryl didn't answer. "She.. She's strong. And hard willed... But she's just too dangerous now. She confessed some of the horrible things she's done to us.. She slaughtered a man and his daughters, Dale. Do you really want to keep her alive?" Jaxx asked, each word flew directly from his thoughts.

"Well, it seems decided.. I'll ask again. All in favor of keeping Beatrice alive?" Rick asked again, once again Dale raised his hand. After a moment or two of no movement, words, or even passing glances...

Daryl raised his hand as well.

Jaxx looked at his husband in shock, Daryl looked guilty. After no other votes, Beatrices fate was decided.

"So that's it then.. We're slaughtering a living, breathing person." Dale spoke up, putting on his hat and grabbing his rifle. As he headed for the door he turned to look at everyone.