The CDC

(I'm gonna miss Andrew on TWD. I haven't cried over a damn tv show in so long, And watching it back for these chapters kinda makes it hurt more. But hey, at least Rick is with Carl again.)

------[This dream sequence is brought to you by my dead bleeding heart]------

Jaxx stared into the eyes of his husband as they knelt beside each other, fear was all he could see in Daryl's eyes, fear and submission. Two things Daryl never showed for anyone. Looking to the group Jaxx only recognized Rick, Glenn, and Carl. Before he could even think a man standing before all of them spoke.

"Alright! We got a full boat!  Let's meet the man." He spoke before knocking on the door to an RV. Jaxx looked down at his Rosary and grabbed Daryl's shaking hand, holding it in a tight grip as someone walked out of the RV. 

"Are we pissin' our pants yet?" The man from the RV asked, Jaxx gasped but did not dare to look. 'It can't be...' Jaxx thought, glancing at the man who had tortured his husband through his long greasy hair. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're gettin' close. Gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon." the man jested, walking towards the lined up group. "Which one of you pricks is the leader?" He asked, stopping in front of Glenn.

"I am..." Jaxx spoke before the other man could point out Rick. He looked up as the terrifying man made his way in front of Jaxx, raising his bat wrapped in barbed wire. "See you soon, Champ." He said before bringing the bat down, in a slow motion like effect Jaxx took one more look at Daryl before hearing the crunch of the bat connecting with his own skull.

------[this back to reality is brought to you by my gay Christmas tree]------

Jaxx was awoken from his nightmare by Daryl calling his name, looking around he found himself still in Daryl's truck but leaning against the window instead of Daryl. "We're here... you okay?" Daryl asked, Jaxxed looked at his husband and nodded. "Yeah, just a nightmare. Where are we?" Jaxx asked looking towards a nearby building surrounded by the fallen bodies of people and walkers. "CDC. Cmon, we need to get in before it gets dark." Daryl replied, Jaxx nodded and hopped out of the truck to meet up with the others. Once a head count was made the group slowly made their way to the entrance of the building, everyone but Rick, Daryl, Shane, and Jaxx coughing from the putrid smell of rotting bodies.

"How are you not phased by this?" Lori asked Jaxx, he shrugged and tightened the silencer on his handgun. "Best mate I called Babi worked down in the morgue. when Daryl didn't visit for lunch I usually went down there and hung out with her while she fixed up a fresh body from a failed surgery. You get used to a human liver being two inches away from your Chipotle." Jaxx replied, chuckling at Lori's look of disgust. 

Once the group made it to the locked down doors, Rick and Shane began to try and open the large metal doors but to no avail. "There's got to be someone in there..." Rick said as Daryl took out a nearby walker. "You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl shouted going after Rick, Jaxx held him back. "Rick this is a dead end." said Shane as Rick only tried to lift the doors again. "I hate to say it but Shanes right we can't be in the city when it gets dark." Lori spoke up as panic set in for the group, as the group panicked Rick noticed the camera above them move. 

"The camera, it moved!" Rick called as everyone began to head back to the cars. "Rick you are hallucinating there is no one there." said Lori, trying to pull her husband away from the door. As Rick begged for the door to be open and the others panicked Jaxx stared into the camera, hoping that there was a human being behind it. Praying the group would find safety even for the night. As Shane began to drag Rick away from the door, it slowly opened. 

As light shone through the raising doors a man with an automatic rifle stood in a defensive stance. "What do you want?" He asked, Daryl instinctively pulled Jaxx behind him even though the weak Irishman was taller than his husband. "A chance. Just a chance." Rick answered, the man still stood defensively. "That's asking for an awful lot these days... any infected?" He asked, Rick looked back at Jaxx who nodded a go ahead. "Two. We left one but the other..." Rick trailed off and looked towards the man. "He's as healthy as the rest of us. Besides the blood loss." He continued. The man looked at the group in confusion before finally easing up, letting the group in before closing the doors once again. "Which one is it?" the man asked, Jaxx stepped forward. "Me. Jim and I were bit yesterday night but by morning he was hacking up blood and burning a fever over one hundred and thirty, I just had muscle spasms in my arm." Jaxx explained as he took the bandage off of his arm to show the bite.

"You will all have to take a blood test. And I will have to take a look at this man." the man offered, everyone agreed. "As long as I'm with him." Daryl spoke up, grabbing Jaxx's left hand. The man nodded. "Deal. I'm Dr. Jenner, I'm going to reopen these doors for you all to get your things, because once they close they will not be opened again." Agreed Jenner.

------[This time skip is brought to you by Jenner is a bitch.org]------

Jaxx sat on a hospital bed set up in Jenner's lab, Daryl next to him and holding his hand opposite to the bitten arm. "Contrary to my tats I'm terrified of needles." Jaxx chuckled as Jenner disinfected his bicep for the blood test. Jenner stuck his arm with the butterfly needle and filled a vile with Jaxx's blood. "Well, it is an understandable fear. Your bite looks good, no infection. it should close up in a week or so, but it will scar." Jenner replied. Jaxx sighed and looked at the tattoo covered by the bite. "Well, there goes my Elvis tat." Jaxx commented, making Daryl chuckle. 

Jenner took a drop of Jaxx's blood and put it in a microscope before looking through it. "Strange... your own blood cells seem to be ganging up on the infected cells. Breaking it down to a harmless level... that must be why your muscles and nerves tense up often. Your nerves push your blood cells towards the infected area to cleanse and minimalize it." Jenner explained, placing the rest of Jaxx's blood samples in a refrigerated room. "So... what would happen if we were to inject my blood into other people?" Jaxx asked, thinking about a cure more than his lucky survival chances. "That will be the next test. I will fuse your blood with the blood I took from Daryl and we'll see what happens." Jenner replied. "So he's gonna be okay?" Daryl asked.

"Oh yeah, needs a couple of antibiotics to kill the bacteria that came from the walker's mouth but either than that he will be fine." Jenner said smiling at the two. "Are you brother's?" Jenner asked. Jaxx chuckled and shook his head. "No no. He's my husband." he answered, kissing Daryl's temple. "My apologies. You can go ahead to a room, I'm sure you both need the rest." said Jenner, going back to his microscope. Daryl picked up his weak husband bridal style, and leaving with a gruff thanks. 

Jenner turned to Rick who was also in the room. "Is he always like that?" He asked, nodding towards where Daryl and Jaxx had just gone. Rick chuckled with a nod.

"Daryl doesn't play well with people who aren't Jaxx."