Chapter 1

" Alex ,Uncle Charlie is here ", Elena Gilbert older twin of Alexandra Gilbert said from where she stood in the doorway of her sister's soon to be empty room.

Alexandra looked up from where she was busy packing her last suitcase.

Their Uncle Charlie were their for the funerals​ of John Gilbert and Jenna Sommers .

Afterwards he'll be taking Alexandra​ with him to his home in Forks, Washington to live with him and his daughter Isabella .

Elena and their brother Jeremy didn't like this idea , but
it is Alexandra's choice and they couldn't just let Stefan or Damon compel her only for such a reason as them not liking something that Alexandra had decided to do.

" I'll be right down,Lena . I just have a few things left to place in my suitcase ,then I'll go and greet him . How does he look ?. Is he okay?."

Elena knew that her sister didn't want to know  their Uncle's character or what he looked like. She actually wanted to know what his emotions were because of the death of his half brother John Gilbert .

He'd been there at the funeral of Grayson and Miranda Gilbert all those months ago when they died and now here he was again for John's . Alexandra and Elena kind of felt sorry for him because once again it was their fault that he had to come for a funeral.

They are responsible for this new heartache in his life . They had to feel remorse . It was a given.

" He's sad ,but he's trying to hold himself together for us I guess ,you know?. He's our only older family member left, afterall."

" Don't forget Bella ", Alexandra reminded her twin ," She's our cousin ."

" Don't worry ,Alex. I remember. I just meant old people wise ,ya know?".

Alexandra smiled and nodded . She understood now .

She doesn't actually know the whole story ,but Uncle Charlie's mother divorced his Dad after two years of marriage and married Grandpa Gilbert and had Grayson a year after that and John a few more years after Grayson.

Charlie's Dad got married again and he was raised by a very nice Stepmother instead of his own mother whom he only saw at holidays.

Their Dad, Grayson, used to tell them about his older brother whom he and John loved dearly and had a great bond with . Charlie had come to visit a few times over the years and they'd gotten along with him just fine even when he was kind of awkward and didn't talk much .

" Well, I'm glad he came", Alexandra said ," I just wish it wasn't under circumstances like this ."

Her face fell as the reminder of what have befallen them hit her square in the heart .

Would their suffering never end ?. Are they supposed to live everyday with the guilt and the hurt of who they are and what they were responsible for ?.

Elena passed over the threshold of the room to go hug her sister . She didn't want Alexandra to be sad like this anymore .

If she could ,she would've send Jeremy to live in Forks too ,to get him out of this crazy life that was theirs .

But Jeremy had refused her suggestion when she'd made it . He wanted to stay in Mystic Falls . For her and their friends .

" Everything will be okay ,Alex. He'll be okay . He'll have you and Bella and his life in Forks to keep him from becoming too sad . If I could I would've come too ,but my life is here . Stefan is here . And besides, we can't all leave and let Alaric handle his heartache alone. Jenna was his everything , remember?. "