Chapter 15

" Congratulations ,Sissy ", Elena Gilbert told her twin as Alexandra walked off the stage after the graduation ceremony .

Elena , Bonnie , Stefan, Damon and Jeremy had taken the time to drive over for her graduation.

Elena was different. Alexandra could feel it . It was as if their twin bond hung in tatters and she didn't know why .

" Thanks, Lena . I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your graduation day".

Elena waved a hand in dismissal ." It's okay . Klaus and his family are in Mystic Falls and he still doesn't know that you're alive . It's better this way . But wait , I gotta go say congratulations to Bella . Come on ."

She took Alexandra's hand to lead her to where Bella was speaking to the Cullens .

" Hey , Congratulations ,Bells !", Elena called out smiling at her cousin and was about to hug her when Edward blocked her path .

Alexandra, who'd stood beside her sister, gaped at him in surprise not knowing what was wrong with him  .

" Keep your distance ", he snarled through clenched teeth.

Elena glared up at him . " Look here , Cullen . She's my cousin . I have the right to congratulate her . So , get your behind out of my way or I'll crush it for you ", she snarled right back at him .

" Lena , what's_" Alexandra began ,but her sister cut her off with a " I'll tell you later ,Sissy " and Alexandra couldn't help but nod and keep quiet  while Elena still glared at Edward who after a few moments stepped aside​ with a deep sigh .

Elena hugged Bella and forced Alexandra to hug her as well .

" Sorry, Bella, but Lena's a bossy one ", she whispered into her cousin's ear .A cousin she'd been avoiding for weeks .

Bella giggled at that and whispered a soft " Congratulations , Alex ", to her .

" Congratulations to you too ,Bells ", she returned before pulling away from her .

That's when Damon Salvatore sauntered over . " We're staying for a few more days , Elena . Your Uncle seems to have taken a liking to Saint Stefan ."

Elena smiled ." Guess I can catch up with Alex then . "

Alexandra smiled at that ,but didn't comment , her eyes having caught that of the doctor who haven't spoken to her since that day Bella and she had that fight .

His lips pulled up at the corners into a close lipped smile . She smiled back , feeling her heart flutter strangely.

Her sister grabbing her hand caused her to look away and she missed the way Elena shot the doctor a glare , before dragging her off to where their Uncle was talking to Jeremy and Stefan .
           🌷🌱🌱🌷
" Please ,Alex , just come with me to this party ", Bella pleaded," Elena's going too and so is your friends. And I'm sorry for being such a bitch weeks ago . I guess I was jealous and I'm not anymore because Edward talked sense into me  ".

Alexandra looked up from where she sat on her bed . Bella was being sincere . So she had no choice but to apologize herself for being a bitch too.

" I'm sorry as well and,  okay , I'll go to the party with you ,but I'm not dressing up into formal wear ".

Bella grinned widely and jumped on her , hugging her tightly . " Oh, thank you. And don't worry . I'm not dressing up either . I hate dressing up ".
The two giggled at that and then Bella left to go tell Elena that Alexandra would be going to the party too .

It wasn't even an hour later when they reached the Cullens' house . The party was almost starting ,but they were the first guests​ to arrive .

" Well, this is cute ", Damon commented as they walked up to the front door where Alice and Jasper greeted them.

Seeing Jasper ,Damon halted with wide eyes . " Major Whitlock ?", he enquired in surprise ," How the hell are you alive ,or is my eyes deceiving me ?".

Jasper smiled . " No , you're eyes aren't deceiving you, Soldier . It's really me . And I can ask you the same . How the hell are you alive?".

Damon's surprised look vanished . " Touché ,Major . I guess we got a lot to talk about  then ".

" Yes , we do ,Damon . Come find me once this party is over and welcome to this house ".

Damon nodded . " Thanks and I'll see you after the party . "

The group walked inside and Alexandra​ separated from the others to look at some of the decorations .

A hand touched her shoulder and she looked up to see that it was the doctor.

He motioned with his eyes for her to follow him. So she did , feeling a little curious about what he wanted .

He lead her to a room filled with books and a nice desk that must've been very expensive .

There he closed the door behind them and walked over to a cupboard with safe behind a false board .

There he pulled out a package neatly covered with wrapping paper .

She stood looking at everything around her while she waited . There was a large oil painting on the one wall that looked old . For some reason it made her feel a little scared .

Then he was with her again , holding the package out to her and she took it even if she felt a little reluctant to .

" Open it ", he said ," I'd like to see if you like it. And congratulations , Alexandra . "

" Um... thanks ,I guess ," she said before unwrapping the gift .

Inside was a maroon coloured box and inside the box was a beautiful  rose shaped locket on the end of a  chain .

" Um...Wow ", she gasped ," It's beautiful . Thank you , Doctor Cullen . But why give me a gift ?. "

He took the necklace from her to help her put it on . " Because I wanted to ," he said , unwilling to tell her about what she was really to him ," And your welcome . "

She felt his cold fingers brush against her neck , causing her to shiver involuntarily .

It wasn't because she felt cold ,but something strange seemed to make a home inside of her and she didn't know what it was .

She quickly stepped away from him , hoping that he didn't see the blush that suddenly appeared on her cheeks .

" I should probably get back to my friends . Thanks again , Doctor Cullen".

With that said she was​ about to walk away when he stopped her by grabbing her wrist .

" Don't leave yet please , Alexandra . And I've told you before I'm Carlisle . Being called​ Doctor Cullen by you of all people feels ....well....wrong ".

She looked down at his hand on her wrist before looking up at him . " I can't call you Carlisle . It'll be like calling my Uncle by his name only. It'll be disrespectful and inappropriate ".

" No, Alexandra . That's not true . I want you to call me Carlisle . I want ....",he sighed , letting go of her wrist ," Go if you must . I'll see you later . "

She bit her lip and looked at him . Somehow she knew what he wanted , but she wasn't sure if that was a good thing .

Standing on her tippy toes she placed a kiss on his cheek . It was an impulsive gesture . Something she didn't normally do .

Her cheeks heated up as she walked away and her heart beat like a million drums .

Carlisle watched her go , touching his cheek , wishing that she'd rather had kissed him on the lips .

That would've been absolutely fantastic .
           🌷🌱🌱🌷
Enjoy .🌷