Chapter 6

" Bella, listen, you can't go to see Jacob Black . He's got mono , remember?. What if he infects you?. What then?", Alexandra tried to reason with her cousin while Elena and Bonnie looked on .

Jeremy had left to go fish with their Uncle and Harry Clearwater and that left only the girls at home.

" I'm going ,Alex . You can't stop me! ", Bella shot back defiantly.

Alexandra sighed and threw her hands up in exasperation . She only wanted to stop her cousin from causing trouble for herself .

" Then we'll go with you ", Elena spoke up ," We can take my car . It's got more space than your truck ".

" Elena , it's not such _", Alexandra tried discouraging her twin ,but Elena cut her off by telling her to get her and Bella's coats .

" Ugh ," was all Alexandra got out any further before she obeyed her twin.

It wasn't even ten minutes later when they were on the road to La Push Indian Reservation where Jacob Black lived with his invalid Dad .

Bella were driving and Elena sat beside her in the passenger seat while Bonnie and Alexandra sat on the backseat glaring at the numerous trees that they sped past .

They both thought it crazy to want to go visit a boy that really seemed like he didn't want to see Bella.

It started raining just as they drove into La Push and Alexandra expressed her worry about not having brought her rain coat. Neither did the other three .

It didn't rain for long and by the time they parked the car in front of the Black residence .

All four got out ,but only Bella walked up to the front door to knock while the others hung back looking on.

Billy , Jacob's Dad , opened the door and Bella spoke with him for a few seconds .

" He's not here ",Billy said  in a tone that held no room for argument .

Bella took that at heart and turned around to go wait in Elena's car . She wanted to wait for Jacob. If he wasn't there ,then he wasn't sick anymore .
Elena agreed with her on that .

It started raining again . This time it didn't stop after a few minutes . It just kept on pouring down on the drenched earth , drowning it even more in rainwater .

Then after what seemed like hours ,but had been only half of one , they saw a very tall , very buff looking teenager , walking past the house wearing nothing but jean shorts .

Bella got out regardless of the rain and walked over to confront him .

Elena got out with her and the others followed reluctantly . They didn't really want to be drowned in rainwater  like the earth around them ,but they wanted to support Bella who was now talking to Jacob .

" I thought you were to sick to come outside ...or pick up the phone when I called ", she scolded him .

" Go away ", he said intensely , looking down at her , his fists balled.

" What?", Bella asked quietly in confusion .

" Go away ", he said again .

For a second there were silence then Bella asked " What happened to you?."

He turned around to leave ,but she stopped him by grabbing his arm and​ calling out to him.

" What happened?", she asked once again when he turned back to her .

" Did Sam do this to you ?", she asked .

" No , Sam's trying to help me ," he defended ," Don't blame him. But if you want somebody to blame , how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love ...The Cullens".

Alexandra,Elena and Bonnie stood straighter , their eyes widening in shocked surprise . The only thing  'bloodsuckers' meant was Vampires ,which meant that the Cullens were Vampires . It didn't make sense , because Stefan, Caroline, Damon and every other Vampire they'd come across didn't look like them . Not that Elena and Bonnie had seen them ,though, but Alexandra had described them once .

" I don't know what you're talking about ", Bella denied a few  seconds later.

" Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about !", Jacob shot back ," You've been lying to everyone . Charlie... Your cousin Alex ... even to me .But you can't lie  to me anymore, Bella."

Someone called out to him from the edge of the woods on the other side of the yard . 

The other girls looked up to see more jean shorts  shorts wearing guys .

There were four of them and each of them were tall and buff like Jacob abd each of them had a tribal tattoo on their biceps .

" Wow ,look at the male real estate ", Bonnie couldn't help but say as she eyed them like they were candy in a sweetshop.

The twins giggled . They were sure if Caroline was there she'd go over to them and flirt . Bonnie was different than Caroline ,though. She looked most of the time, but didn't touch.

They listened to Jacob finish his speech after Bella had asked him to give her some time .

Then when he ran off towards the other shirtless guys , Elena walked forward to wrap an arm around her .

" Come on ,Bell, he isn't worth it . Let's go home ", she said in a soothing voice .

Bella let Elena guide her back to the car while the other two girls looked at the retreating back of Jacob  briefly before they followed Elena and Bella.

They didn't see the forlorn look on Paul's face as he looked at the retreating Bonnie​ .
           🐟🐚🐚🐚🐟
" No, Bella . Your Dad said that we should stay out of the woods ," Alexandra protested the next Saturday  when Bella asked if any of them wanted to go on a hike .

Elena, Jeremy and Bonnie had decided to stay longer even if it meant missing some weeks of school. Spring break was almost there , anyway.

" Yeah, but it's safe where I'm going ,Alex .Trust me ", Bella said .

She was hoping that Elena might come with her . They've been bonding since the day  Bella confronted Jacob.

She was also glad that the other girls , including Elena, didn't ask her about what Jacob had said about the Cullens . She even hoped that they didn't hear it ,but she was doubtful about that . They probably heard.

" Trust is earn_" Alexandra began ,but Elena cut her off by saying that it's okay and that they'll go with her .

Bella smiled happily . At least she was right in hoping that Elena might come with her.

Jeremy wasn't at home . He'd followed his Uncle Charlie again to fish with Harry Clearwater.

It had become a routine for Charlie now because he didn't know how to handle his daughter anymore.

" Get rain coats this time . We don't wanna get wet again ," Bonnie said .

She really didn't want to get sick because of a silly girl's crazy needs to go hiking in the woods or confronting a guy that wore nothing but jean shorts.

" I'll get them ", Alexandra sighed ," At least I can do that to make sure she doesn't get sick ".
            🐟🐚🐚🐚🐟
A bit short I know . Sorry .