Chapter 39

" On the flight back I thought a lot about my cousin's troubles and I thought of that poor Cedric Diggory's parents that had lost their only child . It made me think of ....what if it had been me who lost Grayson ....or you . Well, obviously I know what losing you feels like ,but it's beside the point. I don't think if it had been me I could've coped. You should've seen them . I can hear their cries as they lay over their son's body begging for whoever that it wasn't real . But it was and I hope that I would never experience it . Carlisle, I know that I've been stubborn and that I can't take back the days I've hurt you ,but I can try not to hurt you again . This goes both ways , though, because sometimes you say and do things that hurts me more than you'll ever know. Look , I know that Grayson and I aren't your family . You've got that already. But...but... Grayson is your son and ...and ...he has the right ...to...to be called your family even if you don't see him as your family . I'm​ not asking anything for myself . I only want you to acknowledge that Grayson is your flesh and blood and that he deserves to be family to you . That's all I ask of you . "

She stood staring out at the forest that surrounded them , her eyes full of sadness and a hint of hope .Hope for her child to be family to his own father .

Carlisle stood watching her . He couldn't see her face ,but by the intense way she she spoke he knew that she was being serious.

It was his turn to speak . To not shatter her hopes . To give her more than she asked for . And yet he didn't know how to proceed . He was afraid he'd muck it up like a blubbering fool.

He took a deep breath, even though he didn't need to breath,  and stepped​ closer to her​ until he could touch her with his hands to turn her to him .

" I'm sorry for everything . I know I've apologized so many times and I'd probably do that forever . If I could take back everything I did to break your faith and trust in me , I would do that in an instant . But as it is , I can't . So I'll try to restore some of it . Alexandra, I don't just see my family as my family , but I do also see you and Grayson as family . If only you'd asked , I could've told you that already . You're my mate , remember?. It's means that you're more to me than everyone else even if you don't believe me considering that I've done and said things that makes you think differently . Grayson is my son . My blood . He isn't Edward or Rosalie or anyone else . He's more family than them ,though , you won't believe me because of everything and I don't blame you . I want to make it up to you and him for all the wrong that has been done to you . I want you and Grayson in my life . I want us to be a family . I want to be able to hold you again and, if you let me, kiss you  . And all that comes after . Please , don't turn me away ?. I'll try my best to not hurt you ever in my life again. Because I love you so, so much and you being away from me hurts . It kills me being without you. Edward be damned and whoever else has a problem with it. I want to be with you and Grayson . Forever."

She looked up at him with teary eyes . Because unlike him ,she could cry like a human because if her being a Hybrid Vampire .

" I love you too . I've never stopped even when I was hurt . I only wanted to protect my broken heart . And my child . And I'm sorry if  I kept him from you because no parent should be kept away from their  child . I regret that I never listened to you and never let you be in his life since he was a baby . I'm sorry that I didn't trust you enough to forgive you then . I ... have forgiven you . I forgive you . You don't need to say that you're sorry anymore . Only when you mess up again ,though , I hope you never do because then I'd probably never forgive you .... ever. We can try again, if you want. Be together like we should be . But I don't know what your family will say . Especially Edward with his ideas of me not being family even if I'm Bella's cousin by blood  . I probably should try to forgive him as well , but he needs to apologize first . To me and Grayson  . Anyway I've said what I wanted to say . You can have me back now . With Grayson . Just don't break me again . Please . "